Club Rococo

My Lucky Star

            Piled in the van once more, the six of you were quickly approaching a rather large building; its sign flashing a multitude of colors. When you, Jonghyun, and Taemin got back for dinner last night after the aquarium, Key told you that their manager called with some news. He said that there was a party being held tomorrow night at Club Rococo and a few SMet artists were going along with some people in high places. He said it was a good opportunity to possibly obtain more benefactors if they were ever needed in the company.

            Not able to decline in the slightest, Key told the manager that they’d be there. And here you were…about to step out of the van and head inside. Lucky for you, the dress Jonghyun got you the other day was perfect for such an occasion. You stepped out of the car after Taemin and looked around to find that there was no one. No paparazzi or even fans. You felt a hand on your back. “Let’s quickly head inside.” Jonghyun said, slowly pushing you forward until you picked up your speed.

            The six of you walked through the double doors; silence being filled with pounding music and dancing lights. You almost wanted to cover your ears because of how loud the music was. Off to the left, the dance floor was filled with people jumping or just plain flailing in an attempt to perform the thing they call dancing. To the right, over at the bar, you could barely hear two men yelling happily for more shots in front of a group of college girls.

            Key nudged you. “We have to make our rounds and greet the others.” He gave you an apologetic look when he noticed your worried expression. “Don’t worry, we’ll be back. Just go wait over there.” He pointed to a row of chairs at the side of the room. You nodded and watched them make their way in the opposite direction before you made your way through the crowd and to your rendezvous point. Taking a seat far from the crowd, you surveyed the scene in front of you, catching glimpses of stars dancing and mingling with one another as the music blasted on.

            You started looking for the others when someone stepped in front of you. You looked slightly up to find a man with light brown hair looking at you. “Hey,” He said. There was a cool aurora about him that you couldn’t really grasp. “Hello..?” He waved a hand in front of your face when you didn’t respond.

            “Me…?” You asked, pointing to yourself in case he didn’t hear you.

            He laughed. “Yeah, you, who else would I be talking to?” He had a point. No one else was around you. “So, who are you?”

            “E-excuse me?”

            “I mean, if you’re at this party, then you must be someone, right?” He asked.

            “Oh,” You gave a nervous chuckle. “I’m just tagging along with someone…”

            “That’s cool.” He said, clearly unentertained. “My name’s Kim Seok Jin, by the way.” He held out his hand.

            “I’m Min Hana…” You hesitantly shook his hand.

            Jin took a seat next to you. “So, you’re alone right now?”

            “My friends should be back any minute…” You answered, feeling a little uncomfortable.

            “But right now..?”

            “Well, actually—”

            “Wanna dance?” He persisted, cutting you off entirely.

“I’m sorry?” You asked, stunned at how straightforward he was.

“Dance,” He said as if you were dumb and needed explaining. “Let’s go dance.”

You were starting to get annoyed. “Oh…no…I don’t—”

“Come on,” He pushed. “It’ll be fun.”

Can he not take a hint? “I don’t even know you though…” You tried to be as polite as possible, but he just wouldn’t let up.

“That’s the fun part!” He said, despite your rejection. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you out of your chair. “Come on, let’s go dance!”

“No,” You said, pulling your trapped arm. No one was around to help. Even if you did call out for help, your voice wouldn’t be able to pierce the music in the air. “Please let go.”

“Excuse me,” As if some miracle just happened, a voice called out from behind Jin. You looked around him to find Jonghyun standing there.

“Jonghyun,” You couldn’t help but crack a smile.

“She’s with me,” Jonghyun said. “Please, leave her alone.”

“I just asked her to dance.” Jin defended himself.

Jonghyun freed your hand and held it in his, pulling you behind him. “I said she’s with me.” Your heart practically jumped in your throat at his touch. Jin stood there for a second, appalled, before huffing and spinning around to leave. Jonghyun was still holding your hand even after the man left. “Um,” You chuckled nervously. You weren’t too embarrassed holding his hand, but people might start getting the wrong idea. “Jonghyun…your hand…”

“Ah…” He sighed as he let your hand slip through his fingers and back to your side. “Sorry, Hana-ssi.”

“No, no,” You said truthfully. “Don’t be. It’s no big deal…really.” You could feel your face go hot. “Uuh—ah…” You stumbled over your own words, trying to hide your face. “I’m gonna go to the bathroom.”

“Okay,” Was all you heard from him before you practically ran into the restroom. You walked through the door and rushed into a stall. Leaning against the stall door, you let out a sigh. “This is too much…” What was going on? Why were you always nervous around Jonghyun but glad to see him at the same time? Your heart was still beating badly in your chest when you heard the bathroom door open. “Alright…time to relax.” You took a deep breath. After finally calming yourself down, you opened the stall door and made your way over to the sink. The stalls opened behind you and three girls walked out and approached the sinks as well. You washed you hands, dried them, and were just about to walk back out the door until one of the girls stopped you.

“Yah,” She called, causing you to stop short. She approached you, speaking in an irritated tone; however, you couldn’t understand enough Korean to piece together what she was saying.

“I—” You tried to speak, but were cut off every time.

The girl to her right smacked her gums as she chewed on a piece of gum. She spoke quickly, seeming to try to get a point across to you. You stood there dumbly, unable to translate. You slowly shook your head, trying to tell them that you couldn’t understand…and maybe you shouldn’t. The last one to speak cleared and made her way in front of you. “What are you doing here?” She spoke with such a heavy accent that it was hard to hear was she was saying. You had to strain your ears to hear.

“What?” You chuckled uneasily. “What do you mean?”

One of the other girls burst out in her native tongue. You could recognize the word ‘SHINee’, but the other hushed her too quickly before you were able to pick out any other familiar words. The English-speaking one continued. “You’re here with SHINee?”

You hesitated before answering with a ‘yes’.

She crossed her arms, seeming offended. “How did you get so close to SHINee? I heard you’re even staying at their dorm?”

Your eyes widened. “What,” You chuckled, trying to play your surprise off. “Why would I be staying at their dorm?”

“That’s what we want to know.” She clicked her tongue in annoyance. When you didn’t answer, she continued. “It’s great and all that you became friends with them,” The obvious sarcasm was literally dripping out of her. “But you need to know you can’t stay friends with them.”

“And why is that?” You asked. Four annoying people in one night was where you drew the line.

“Because they’re idols,” She said. “And idols can’t be friends with people like you.”

“Like me?” You recoiled at the insult. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You’re just another fan. And fans don’t like it when their own steal away a member.” She smiled in victory.

“Wait,” You laughed. “You think I’m trying to steal them?”

“We saw what happened between you and Jonghyun Oppa out there.” She sneered. “We’re pretty sure he doesn’t act like that around just anyone.”

“Look, you have the wrong idea,” You said. “There’s nothing going on between Jonghyun and me.”

“Really? Or are you just saying that?”

Were you? You shook your head. “Really, nothing’s going on.”

The girl looked at the others, disbelieving.

“Um,” You started, backing away. “I’ll just go and—”

The girl looked back at you and pushed you up against the wall; not roughly, but enough to scare you a little. She grabbed your forearm tightly. “You don’t belong here,” She scorned. “You think they would pick you over their fans?”

“N-no…I—”

“Go back home.” She jerked her hand away and briskly walked out of the bathroom. The others followed shortly after.

When you were finally alone, you sunk to the floor and stared at the wall. You sat there, shaking, not quite prepared for such an attack. You leaned back, dabbing at your eyes, and took in a quaking breath. “But...how can I now...?”

 

 

A/N:

Uh-oh...what's going on? I guess you won't find out till next chapter O~O
           But on a serious note, I'm NOT trying to trash Jin. I really love Jin and BTS, so don't get the wrong idea. ^_^
           BTS FIGHTING. SHINEE FIGHTING. EVERYONE, FIGHTING. WHOO
           
(I actually had Jungkook as the guy, but then I realized...he's 16, almost 17...in a club...hitting on a 22 year old girl..yeah..doesn't work. Oh god, he's younger than meeeee.)
            I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I wrote more than I orignally had and before I knew it, I had seven pages.

(I'm really posting on random dates now...)