Trip to Jung-gu

My Lucky Star

            “WHAT IS THIS, TAEMIN??” You heard Kibum practically scream from the kitchen. Recording took longer than expected and the producer wanted to get some extra parts in before calling it a day. Because of that, you all arrived back at the dorm pretty late. You were invited out to dinner with the staff, but you politely declined when the others did; saying how you should probably help the members with their own dinner.

            Opposite of their moods at the studio, the members of SHINee were once again full of energy. Minho and Onew were busy battling each other in a soccer match on the gaming console while Taemin and Key volunteered to prepare some dinner. Unlucky for Taemin, however, Key wasn’t the best at working with others when it came to cooking. “No, no, NO, Taemin-ah, you put the onions in AFTER you get the sauce mixed!” You heard the rapper yell from the kitchen once again. You sat on the couch with Jonghyun as you waited for the bickering to calm down; unfortunately, it didn’t.

            “Yah, stop yelling over there,” Minho called, not once looking away from the screen. “I’m trying to concentrate.”

            “Concentrate all you want, I’m still gonna whip the floor with you.” Onew said, barely blinking.

            “Those two are scary…” You mumbled to yourself as you watched the two try and push one another to mess the other up.

            “They get like that,” Jonghyun said beside you, though you couldn’t help but notice how engrossed he was in the digital soccer match as well.

            “Yeah…” You cleared you throat. “Excuse me.” You got off the couch and headed over to the kitchen, hoping the two making the meal would be more interactive than the others. Entering the room, though, you had to quickly dodge a flying spatula. “Holy s—”

            “Whoops,” Key called out, scurrying over to pick up the utensil. “That was meant for Taemin.”

            “WHAT,” The maknae exploded. “Hyung, I was just following your directions!”

            “My directions were NOT that!”

            “Hyung—!”

            “Don’t ‘Hyung’ me…!”

            You should probably stop this. “Guys—”

            “But Hyung,” Taemin whined. “I said I was sorry.”

            “You could’ve ruined the whole meal!”

            You noticed the pot behind them starting to boil over. “Uh, guys…”

            “Nuh-uh, bibimbap isn’t centered around zucchini.” Taemin defended himself.

            “But it’s a good vegetable!” Key countered.

            “GUYS,” You yelled. When they looked over to you, anger written all over their faces, you hesitantly pointed over to the pot.

            “OMO,” Key quickly shut the stove off. “That was close.”

            “If you guys are done fighting,” You interjected before they could start again. “How long until it’s finished?”

            “Well,” Kibum started, sending Taemin a death glare. “I was waiting for this to boil. It’s done now.”

            “Great, I’ll go tell the others.”

            Shortly after everyone sat down, the food was already gone and in their stomachs. “That was delicious.” Onew said, wiping his mouth from excess kimchi. Jonghyun and Minho nodded in agreement.

            “Do you cook better when you’re angry, Key?” Jonghyun joked.

            “If only…” Kibum mumbled as he nibbled on his remaining piece of zucchini.

            “It was delicious, Key, Taemin;” You said, standing up from the table. “I’ll clean up.”

            Jonghyun was quick to stand up. “I’ll help.”

            “You don’t have to. You’re probably tired.”

            Without answering, Jonghyun started piling up the dirty dishes to carry into the kitchen. Onew and Minho went back into the living room to resume their match with Key and Taemin in tow. Feeling your chest stir, you quickly follow Jonghyun into the kitchen.

            “By the way,” He spoke, startling you. He put the dishes next to the sink and squirt soap on the sponge. “You’ve been wearing those clothes for some time now.” He stayed focused on the dishes.

            You looked down at your outfit. “Oh, that’s right, huh?” Taking it into thought, you have been in Seoul for about 24 hours now.

            “So…” He continued, turning the sink on. He still didn’t look at you. “If you want, tomorrow…” You could barely hear his quiet voice over the sound of the water. “We could go get you some clothes.”

            “Really?” You were surprised. “I don’t really want you guys spending anything on me, though.”

            “It’s only clothes.” Jonghyun said; voice a little louder. “They’re a necessity.”

            “You think?” You took the dish he cleaned and started to dry it. “Well…that’d be kind of nice…to get clean clothes.”

            “Then it’s settled,” He finally looked at you. “We set out for Jung-gu tomorrow morning.

            It was barely quarter-past seven in the morning before you, Jonghyun, and Taemin were by the front door. “Alright, Hyung, we’re leaving.” The maknae announced.

            Onew, who was lazily lying on the couch, peeked around the corner at the three of you. “Ah, okay. Have fun.”

            “When do you plan on being back?” Kibum called from his room. “Do we need food for six again?”

            “Yeah, we’ll be back by dinner, hopefully.” Jonghyun answered, looking over into Kibum’s room. “Is it too much cooking for the Almighty Key?” He teased. Key didn’t answer, only went back to reading his favorite book, eyebrows scrunched together.

            Minho came out of his room that was right across from Kibum’s. “Are you guys still here?”

            “Alasseo, alasseo, okay, we’re going.” Taemin opened the door. It didn’t really look like he needed to be told twice to leave. He was probably dying to go out and do other things that weren’t work.

            “Sheesh, slow down, Taemin.” Jonghyun called, but the maknae was already out the door and down the stairs. The singer gave a heavy sigh. “The day just started and I already have to worry about him…Let’s go.” He took you by the wrist and pulled you along.

            “Sooooo,”

            The three of you wandered the strip aimlessly, looking in stores as you passed. Jonghyun told you to yell if you saw any outfits you liked, but it’s easier said than done. Honestly, you couldn’t believe how Taemin kept hopping around. It’s been at least an hour, yet he showed no sign of slowing.

            “Are you gonna pick a store or do I have to?” Jonghyun’s voice next to you pulled you out of your daze.

            “Oh, um,” You hesitated. “Maybe it’d be better if you were to…”

            He sighed again, probably for the tenth time today. “Here’s fine,” He said, quickly grabbing Taemin by the collar and guiding you inside the store.

            “Welcome~,” A cheerful woman greeted you at the door. “Today, we’re having a special on—.” She froze when she noticed the two men standing behind you. “Oh my, SHINee…” She gave a nervous chuckle.

            “Don’t worry,” Jonghyun smiled. “Our friend here just needs some new clothes. Will you help her with an outfit or two?”

            “O-of course, sir.” The employee stuttered before turning to you. “Please, this way, ma’am.”

            To be honest to yourself, you loved trying on clothes and coming out of the room and spinning in front of everyone—you absolutely loved new clothes—but…today felt different. You just couldn’t bring yourself to turn the knob and go out to show Jonghyun and Taemin your outfit. It was a simple graphic t-shirt and leggings, but you felt just like the employee earlier; nervous.

            “Did you finish yet?” Jonghyun called from the other side of the door. “It’s been ten minutes.”

            You started to panic. “U-uh—”

            “Noona~,” Taemin called. “Will you come out now?”

            You silently cursed to yourself, stifling a cry for help. “R-right, I’m coming.” Regretfully, you turned the knob and opened the dressing room door. Jonghyun and Taemin were sitting in a slouch-like position when you walked out. Was it just you or was it hot in here? When the two saw you, they quickly straightened in their seats.

            “Noona,” Taemin stood up, a huge smile plastered across his face. “That suits you well.”

            “You think?” You asked, still unsure yourself.

            “Ne~” He grinned.

            You looked over to Jonghyun, who was still sitting. “Jonghyun?”

            He hesitantly looked up. “Yeah…it looks nice.”

            You smiled. For some reason, you were especially happy he liked the outfit. The employee came over to you. “Is it to your liking?”

            You nodded. “Yeah, I love it.”

            The woman smiled. “Wonderful. Oh, also,” She pulled a dress out from behind her. It was a navy blue dress that came down to your knees. The sleeves made completely of lace went to your elbows and cropped across the top of the dress. For an accessory, a thin black belt sat at the waist. “One of your companions picked this out for you.” She didn’t try hiding the grin on her face.

 

A/N:
YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY CHAPTERR UPDATTEEEE

My fellow Shawolsssss~ How are you all doing? I'm so happy about this cause things are starting to speed up now. I got past the hard, boring writing parts, so now I can happily write the cute and gushy stuff. Heh, if you look back at it, it's been two days and all this has already happened...
Well....just look at Romeo and Juilet (Juilet~ Oohh~) They fell in love, got married, and died in what..? Five days? Something like that...
I guess stuff works quickly sometimes...
Don't forget to comment!! I seriously loovvee reading what you all have to say! Enjoy reading!