Chapter 7: Gary's Rap

The Monday Couple Journey

That night after filming:

Gary sunk into his couch and he started thinking about what happened in the morning.

Jihyo... Was that a confession? Do you like me too? I don't know... Wait a minute... Isn't Kwangsoo allergic to peanuts too? But Jihyo stuffed the sandwich into his mouth without checking whether it was peanut butter... Does it mean that... there was no peanut butter at all? Then why did she want me to open up all the sandwiches? Did she want me to see all the hearts? If she did, I guess it means... she likes me too! Yah Kang Gary! Song Jihyo likes you too!

Gary was smiling really widely by now, he just realized that the person he loved, loved him too.

Yah, but how am I going to let Jihyo know that I love her too? It should be something more romantic and touching, something that would be really memorable for her! What can I do?

Gary was facing a big problem now, he didn't know how to come up with a confession that was better than Jihyo's cheeky but cute one.

'Ah, I'm just going to go let my inspiration flow!' Gary shouted in frustration.

Gary then proceeded to his work desk and started writing lyrics to some melodies until 3am, where he fell asleep, thinking of Jihyo.



Next Monday:

'Brr, it's really cold here!' Jihyo exclaimed as she reached the filming set. The weather had turned a little more chilly within this one week, and even though Jihyo was wearing a thick and fluffy jacket, she still felt cold.

'If only I had coffee with me! It'll be great!' she whined.

Then, she saw a man in a green T-shirt and dark blue jeans holding something running towards her. As he approached, she realized that he was donning his signature Leessang cap.

'Oh Jihyo ah! You're early today! Ah its a little cold today! You want some coffee?' Gary asked with concern when he saw Jihyo rubbing her hands together.

'Ah oppa, you have coffee? I was hoping I had coffee with me! Oppa, were you reading my mind~' she flirted with Gary.

'Do you think I'm psychic or what?' he joked as he passed Jihyo her coffee. 

'Americano?' she asked.

'Americano.' he replied, and gave a small smile.

'Ah oppa, you know me so well! Did you buy the coffee specially for me? I'm really touched, oppa! Gomawo~' Jihyo was talking more femininely than she usually did.

'Anni?! I was buying my own Caramel Macchiato, when I saw there was a 1 for 1 offer, so I just got an Americano! It was the first one on the menu!' Gary teased Jihyo.

'Ah is it? Which coffee shop is it? I want to get some 1 for 1 coffee next time!' Jihyo was teasing Gary back.

'Ahh.. the offer is... only for today! Erm and also... I forgot the name of the shop...Mianhae' Gary panicked.

*giggles*'Ah gwenchanna oppa, thanks for the coffee anyway!' Jihyo said with appreciation.

Jihyo's POV:

Gary oppa is so thoughtful, who wouldn't fall in love with him... Oh! I wonder if he understood my confession that day! He hasn't done anything after that day... aish he's really-'

'Jihyo ya, pass me your phone, I'm currently writing a new song, do you want to listen to how it sounds like first?' Gary interrupted Jihyo's thoughts.

'Oh jjinja? Sure oppa! All the other songs I heard before it was produced became big hits, so this one will be too!' Jihyo exclaimed.

Gary always let Jihyo hear his songs before they got produced. Not only because he need more opinions on the song, but also because he wanted Jihyo to feel him through his songs.

'Ah, okay all done. Listen to it when you're going to sleep, all dark. It sets the mood of the song. Give me your honest opinion okay!' Gary smiled at Jihyo.

They said that men are the most charming when they were serious in their work, and Jihyo was understanding that completely. While Gary talked to Jihyo about his songs and raps, his eyes never failed to sparkle. Maybe this was one of the reasons Jihyo fell in love with this average, yet not so average guy.

'Why I Love You? Sounds cheesy, oppa *giggles*' Jihyo teased Gary.

'Cheesy is fine, what matters is the content! Eyy just go home and listen to the song when you're about to sleep okay!' Gary rebutted.

'Arasso oppa, let's go for filming already!' Jihyo chirped as they went off with their coffee in their hands, and happiness in their hearts.



That night:

'Time for bed!', Jihyo said to herself, while changing into her most comfortable pajamas.

Ah, Gary oppa's song! I'll listen to his song while I fall asleep. Let's see...

Jihyo pressed on You're The Answer to A Guy Like Me, then on Why I Love You, then the play button. She lay on her bed and closed her eyes, enjoying the music which had Gary's voice in it.
 

You’re the answer to a person like me
Even though I can’t explain
That’s how I feel inside
Should I just die, yeah
Should I just die, yeah...

 

Jihyo was almost falling asleep already. Not only was she tired, the song was really soothing to her ears. Knowing that Gary's new song was going to play soon, Jihyo battled her sleepiness and sat up to listen to the song. The song had no music, only Gary's rapping, and Jihyo was listening attentively to the lyrics.


'You had my attention the very first time,
I laid my eyes on you.
You weren't the dainty girl
There was something about you.
Your eyes sparkle
Your smile shows beauty
Your face is simply a work of art.
But the way you laugh, you talk
You sing, even the way you run.
Makes me love you

Why I love you,
There's a 1001 reasons,
Yet no words to explain,
How much I love you.
Why I love you,
Don't ask me why.
Just know that I love you,
And tell me sweetly that you love me too



Jihyo thought that the song was pretty catchy, yet gentle and sweet at the same time. She was full with pride for Gary, for being able to write and rap so well, until...


Only loving you on Mondays,
Are not enough for me.
I want to love you on Tuesdays,
Wednesday, Thursdays.
I want to love you, forever.


Song Jihyo, do you love me too?


Tears started flowing down from Jihyo's eyes, without her even knowing. Jihyo was really touched by Gary's heartfelt confession, even if it was through a recording. She could feel Gary's heart through every syllable he rapped, and she didn't even know it was a confession for her until the last few lines.

Jihyo picked up her phone immediately and dialed Gary's number, even though it was already 1 am.

*ring ring*

Gary: Yeoboseyo? Jihyo?

Jihyo: Gary o-oppa, sa-saranghae!

Gary : Ji-Jihyo, you listened to the song already? Aigoo, Jihyo ah, I love you too. Let's not just be the Monday Couple, I want-

*ding dong* Jihyo's doorbell rang.

Aish, who's it at this time! Interrupting our phone call!

Gary: Jihyo? Did I hear your doorbell ring? Who's coming to your house at this time?!

Jihyo: Mollayo oppa! Ah let's just ignore it.

*ding dong* The doorbell rang again.

Gary: Ah just open the door first. What if it's something important?

Jihyo: Alright oppa, give me a moment!

Jihyo then walked reluctantly to her door, cursing whoever was going to appear in front of her.

Jihyo opened the door and was prepared to flare up at the person. Not only did he interrupt Gary and her, it's also 1am! Who visits at 1am!

*opens door*

'Song Jihyo, will you be my girlfriend?'

 


Author: Yay! Chapter 7! Will update Tuesday or Wednesday since my papers end on Tuesday. How do you guys like this chapter? More coming soon! Thanks for viewing and do leave your comments! Gomawo~

P.S Kwangsoo and Gary aren't allergic to peanuts. Kwangsoo is severely allergic to gingko nuts though!