The Night Out

The Boy from Neverland

Dalnim help Ricky's hand all through their journey to the destination they weren't even sure of. She was taking him on a journey to see the beauty of the night with the moon as the guide. Just like her name, the moon. She can take him to all kind of wonders he never see at night. The things he missed watching as a child. 

"Where are you taking me?" He was worried but in the same time thrilled to be in this unplanned night out. 

"We don't have to know where to go to have fun!" Dalnim said and laugh. 

"No seriously, tell me where are we going?" Ricky asked her as he stop running. 

He just realized that she ran with barefeet and her heels in her hands. He started to wonder why. Out of everyone else, why can she just create the fun she wanted. When, he has been dying to have the fun. But, fun was just there in her. There was no need to look for it. She started to smile as she look at him. Giving him a sign, there's no need to worry about where to go. Everywhere is fine. 

"Peter, you worry too much over things that doesn't even make sense. I can feel it. Just, put down those worries. You don't have to carry it like a bagpack if you don't want it to drag your life. Just have a slight faith in me and you will know where I am taking you to." Dalnim said and grabs his hand. "But, if you are really curious, there's a free performance every night somewhere near the Han River at this hour. Some talented people would be paying music and dancing. And we will be going there."

Dalnim lead him again and started to run to the certain place that always become the stage for street performance to showcase their talents. As they arrive at the place, filled with passionate youth burning the midnight's oil dancing and showing off their talents. Ricky looked at them performing with so much confidence with no worries, just fun and passion in amazement. He was surprise to see such people being so happy with their life. 

"You like it?" Dalnim asked

"Who are these people?" Ricky asked loudly cause the music was loud. 

"Oh, just some talented people giving people love and passions in a different way. Some would start dancing soon! I can't wait." Dalnim said as she clapped her hands along with the music. 

Dalnim took a glimpse of Ricky who she knew as 'Peter' watching the performance in amazement. With so much to smile for over just simple performance by these people. He was good-looking to her, and he seemed so happy like this was his first experience of fun. She watch him as his attention drew closer to the performance but, something was definitely off with his appearance and the performance. His attire was just too formal for such gathering. 

"Hey, Peter. Come here." Dalnim said as she drifted his attention to her. "You're looking like a divorced man taking a night walk. Here, loosen up those bows and just these button." Dalnim loosen his bow and 2 button. "There, you look your age now." 

"Thank you." Peter looked her into her eyes and smiled. 

"Hey, do you want to dance?" She asked. 

"What? No, I don't dance. I mean, I don't know how to dance." Peter said as he tried to avoid dancing in front of everyone else. 

"You don't have to know how to dance to have fun. You just need to move to the groove!" Dalnim said excitedly as she started to dance. Ricky was still there trying not to dance but Dalnim started dancing infront of him like it was some disco night groove. Everyone else started to dance too except him. "Come on!" 

Ricky let out a laugh and started to join Dalnim's crazy disco groove steps and danced together with her. 

"That's how you do it!!!" Dalnim laughed. 

Soon they started to move together with the rhythm and moving about. They held each otehr hands and went on a crazy feet steps. Their dance was awful comepared to other people but, it was fun and there was just too much fun to be ashamed over such simple dance. They thought. After all the performers ended their performance, Dalnim was feeling the chill as they were by the river. 

"Are you cold?" Ricky asked and took off his jacket and put it over her. 

"Thanks!" Dalnim said. "Hey, you know, my dad has this boat and maybe we can ride it! I always have the keys with me!" Dalnim said leading the way. 

Dalnim's father was a normal businessman who just love to travel on the sea. So, he collected money eversince he was young just to buy himself a boat when he grows older for his family. She didn't really came from a wealthy family. When she was younger, her father taught her how to drive the boat. How to control it as they role-played on the boat. Her father would always act as a pirate and she would be the prisoner. So, she took Ricky on the boat and started the engine. 

"This boat is really you father's right? You didn't steal them?" He asked. 

"Of course it is!!"

She takes Ricky on a trip. As they go farther, she turned off the engine and sat with him at the dock of the boat. She felt calm after alot of fun. Somehow, she felt happier because Ricky was also happy. 

"Why did you take me to all these places?" Ricky asked. 

"Well, at first I thought because it's your birthday and it was just like a random act of kindness to give a stranger a birthday gift but I don't know my feelings changed. It seems to me, you need a little bit of fun." She said. 

Ricky looked at his watch and it's already past midnight. "It's no use. It's already past midnight and I am already 19. I'm too old for fun now." Ricky said looking disappointed. His words took Dalnim aback. 

"Hey, no one is too old for fun. No one is old for fun. Fun is everywhere. You just need to look for it." 

"It's easy for you to say." Ricky said. 

Slowly, Dalnim realize who Peter really was. A person who lacks of fun in life. A person who lives in despair and gives up so easily. 

"Hey, do you know the fairytale, Peter Pan?" She asked. "Just like your name."

"That story is absurd." Ricky said. "All fairytales are, just.. fairytales." He stressed out. 

"Well, there's always a reason why the author writes such stories." Dalnim smiled. "Just is such a cruel word. 'Just'. He can't climb a mountain, he's just a man. That is not a diamond, it's just a rock. 'JUST' " She said. "I see, someone have been losing some faith." She smiles. "I bet you are thinking like I'm a positive freak. Who lives such a happy life. No. I don't . I have my problems too but I choose not to carry it around so that I don't give my problems the power to drag my life." She said. 

"We can do that?" Ricky asked cause he has never let his worries go. He carries it around. 

"It has always been our choice." She said. She looks up to the sky and the stars were beautiful. "Look at the skies. It's just so pretty. Hey, look at there, the brightest star. You know what's behind the brightest star that shines just like a diamond?" She asked as she points to the brightest star that night. 

"Just, another galaxy?" Ricky asked. 

"It's Neverland!" She said and smiles brightly. 

"Neverland doesn't exist." He said. 

"Well, my dad always tell me that after you pass the brightest star of the night, you just need to turn left and go straight ahead and you will find Neverland." She somehow looked sad after saying that. "My father used to read me all kinds of stories when I was a child. He would take me on this boat at night and tell me tales that I would never forget." She said. "My father was the one who always tell me no one is ever too old for fun. That is why I'm telling you. Because, it's true." 

Ricky became curious. "Your father seems like a very good man. I wish I could meet him someday." He joked. 

"He passed away when I was 9." Her smile seems to be a bit bitter as she told him. 

After that, they had a long silence, watching the night skies. For Ricky, he started to imagine what Neverland was like. If he could just let go of all the worries and go to Neverland, to be with the fun. Would it be okay. He started to think. Neverland. How easy Peter Pan's life might have been that he can fly about. The lightness Peter Pan felt to have no worries. 

After they arrived at the shore, Dalnim was busy putting down the anchor and tying the rope so that the boat won't float elseswhere. Ricky got off the boat and smile.It was definitely the best birthday ever for him. The best day ever. 

"Hey, Dalnim. Thank you." Ricky gave her sincere smile. 

"Sure. Glad that you had fun." Dalnim said. She was thinking for awhile before calling Peter. "Hey, Peter!" Ricky turns around. "Neverland exist, if you believe. In fact, Peter. You can be Peter Pan and rule all kinds of fun. You just have to believe." 

Dalnim smiled and Ricky smiled back. When Dalnim went to check on the boat for the last round, she found Ricky's watch and a note which he left purposely. 

Dear Lady of the Moon, Dalnim.

Thank you for tonight. I won't ever forget tonight.

And, here I leave you my watch just, so that you won't forget tonight the way I would remember it.

-Peter Pan

--------

"Neverland exist, if you believe"

=============

So, hope you like the new chapter!!^^ Don't forget to subscribe and also comment. Oh~ please Upvote the story too ^^