A Hideout

The Boy from Neverland

Ricky returned home after a long night with Dalnim. A girl he barely knew but she gave him something that no one else could give. Freedom. As he walked home, he knew, Peter wasn't just a name he randomly came up. It was a name he was fond of but he chose to ignore whatever that came to his mind. His main concern that moment was to face the consequences he might get. He ran away from his own birthday party planned by his parents. That would probably be his biggest crime since he has never done anything so rebellious before. He entered the house and he saw his mother sitting on the couch at the living room looking so pissed. His knew he entered but refused to look. 

Ricky stood at the far end of the living room, scared to make another step forward. He remained silent for a few seconds before deciding to break the silence. 

"I..can explain." Ricky said and apologized. 

"I don't know why you keep on disappointing me. I can't find a day, a moment, a second of your life that does not disappoint me." She stood up. "What is it that I haven't give you? What is it? I've given you everything." She said angrily. 

"I'm sorry." He bit his lips feeling apologetic. "I'll do better next time. I won't run away or do any stupid things like today." 

"If only Pete-" His mom said something that would really hurt him but she stopped as she sees him glaring. 

Ricky ran to his room and shut the door. 

--

Dalnim arrived home with Peter's watch in her hands. She felt happy knowing that she just made someone so happy. She changed to her pajamas and grabbed Peter Pan's book. People would call her stupid because she believes Neverland does exist but that is the only thing that would make her think of her father. The only thing he left her with. The power of imagination. How things could get better if you believe in it and to never be too old to dream. She wondered about Peter. She only knew his name. She didn't even know his stories. All she know is, he's struggling from something alone. 

"Peter. He has a cute side of him." She smiles. 

She grabbed a paper from her studying table and started writing. Since Dalnim depended on her father so much, when he passed away she was in a great despair. However she came up with something to make her miss him less. It made her felt as if he never left her. She started writing letters every once in a while and place them in the glass jar that sat by the window where the moonlight would light up her room at night. She made herself believe that her father would read her letters. Anyhow, she believed that he would visit her at night in her sleep, reading her letters. 

To my beloved father who is living comfortably in heaven,

Are you perhaps looking over me right now? I haven't been writing for quite a while

BUT! Worry not, you are always in my mind. 

Today, I met someone. A person whom I never knew of. The weird thing is, I just felt like

He needed a little touch of your magic. He needed help. 

Well, he said it was his birthday so I just felt like, giving a present for him.

I just feel like it.

I hope I would be able to meet him again. Please find him for me dad :)

Pretty please?

Till I write to you again. Love you always dad.

Love, your precious daughter, Lady moon, Dalnim.

---

Ricky was sitting alone in the dark. He walked over to his balcony and looked at the moon. Slowly, he smiled thinking about how he spent his birthday. Thanks to her, he had a splendid time. 

However, the moment he thought about being happy about the simplest thing that ever happened in his life, he thought about how imperfect his life is. He was living somebody else's life. He wasn't himself. Knowing how he can't impress anyone with being himself, that night he decided. 

Ricky's mom was quarelling with his father that time. They were fighting and keep  shouting and one another. 

"The person living right now is Ricky!" His father shouted. "Bear that in mind!" 

"No! My son is still alive!!!!!" She shouted.

Suddenly, they heard a loud thud from the outside. Like something fell from the upper floor of the 4 storey house. They rushed out of the balcony and found their son on the floor of their balcony, covered with blood. 

"My son!" His father shouted as he hugged his son. His hands was trembling. "Call the ambulance! Call the ambulance!!" He cried. As he was hugging him, his father saw a note that he held in his hand. 

'I will never be as good as Peter. I'm sorry'

His father looked at his mother. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" 

But, Ricky never felt so alive. 

 

======================================================

Hello~~~ I.... am... terribly sorry for updating this like after how many months I'm not even sure >< I finally finished my first semester and yes!!!! FINALLY HAVE A TIME TO UPDATE THIS FANFICCCC but... yea... please ~ I hope you guys like it. Do comment^^ and subscribe!!^^