Chapter 2

She-wolf

“Rosalind” she heard her father say and the line went dead.

Julia was beyond confused. Who was Rosalind and why did her father say that name? Did something happen to her father?

In the end she wasn’t able to sit still for long and decided to go out. She opened her closet and slowly got out. She grabbed another dictionary and got close to her door. When she put her ear by the door there wasn’t a sound but there were angry voices downstairs. She put her hand on the handle and slowly opened the door but immediately shut it. There was another wolf sitting outside looking at her door.

“Okay, Julia. You can do it. It’s just a lapdog out there. Say ‘good doggie’ and don’t show that you’re afraid. You can do it. You’re 19 for god’s sake. Put on your big girls pants.” When she was prep talking herself she heard something awfully like a chuckle from outside. Huh. “Okay I can do it. On the count of 3. 1,2,3!”

When she opened the door the wolf was still looking at her. This one was greyish with white highlights. And its eyes looked suspiciously amused.

“G-g-good doggie, cute doggie-“she was starting to inch closer but its growl cut her off. Okay maybe calling it a doggie isn’t the right approach after all.

“Good wolfie?” its growl stopped. Great. Here she was talking with a wolf while something might’ve happened with her father. Just great.

“Good wolfie, pretty wolfie” she kept saying it to the wolf while going past it. The wolf only stared at her like she was a lunatic. How could an animal make you feel stupid? Because right now she felt like face palming herself.

Sudden loud noise cut her train of thoughts and she dashed to the stairs. When she got downstairs, she couldn’t believe her eyes. There stood with her father a tall woman in .

‘WHAT THE HELL???’

“Papa?” her little squeak made them turn their heads towards her.

“Honey!” her father tried to go her but the woman put a hand on his chest to stop him.

“Don’t you dare touch her, Gavin!” she snarled at her father and the surprising part was her father obeyed it and put his arms down looking ashamed.

“Papa, what’s going on? Do you know this woman? And why the hell is she not wearing clothes?” when she glanced around she noticed that there was around 3 more wolves in her house.

Julia tried her best to calm down, but it was hard considering there were 4 wolves, one woman and her father wasn’t doing anything despite it all. In the end all her frustration came out in a loud ear piercing scream that made all the wolves put their heads down to avoid the voice. The woman didn’t look happy either. But when she finally stopped screaming the woman approached her

“Julia, I know you’re confused and scared right now. But there’s nothing to be scared of. We won’t hurt you.” She said in a soothing voice while putting her hands up to show that she meant no harm.

“And why should I believe you? There are four, FOUR wolves in my house. And you don’t really look reliable right now. Also for god’s sake put on some clothes, please! I’m not really interested in seeing all your privates.” She ranted. She was proud of herself for not stuttering at all and sounding brave. Maybe it was because her father was there.

“I’m sorry that my appearance isn’t the best at the moment, but I had no choice to be in this state. If you would be so as kind to lend me something to wear, I would really appreciate it. And these wolves are no danger to you. We’ll never harm you in anyway.” She said, and in a way it made Julia believe her.

From the side she can see her father nodding to her. She grabbed a robe from the wardrobe by the stairs and gave it to her father and her father passed it to the woman. Even if she sort of believed her she still didn’t want to come near her. The woman however looked like wasn’t too fond of her father, she snatched it from her father and glared at him while fastening it around her.

“Now, why don’t we sit down and talk about all that’s happening?” she said and sat down on the sofa. Julia still wasn’t sure what to do so she hovered a little but when her father sat down on the couch she decided to join him. She also noticed that all four wolves sat behind her.

‘Where was the first wolf she saw? Maybe it’s outside with more wolves!’ she thought with horror ‘we’re surrounded by wolves!!!’ when she was having a sudden panic inside the woman started talking again.

“First, let me introduce myself. My name is Rosalind. We came from Alaska to see you.”

 

Author's note:

are you still with me? I'll try to upload the next chapter soon :)