Replay 2004 (Who's My Father?)

Replay 2004 (Who's My Father?)

March 2003

It was when the ice was melted, but people still wore their long coat and their scarf. The smoke which made by your lungs when you breath could be seen clearly. The obedient Bom read her book in the University Park, she digest every word that she read. Suddenly, her eyebrow got frown; she did not understand. She finally looked at around, maybe she tired, but maybe she just wanted to refresh her mind, then she found a girl it was Jia, her friend.

“Oh Jia!” Park Bom called Jia who just wanted to pass by.

“Oh, Bom. Are you alone? Where’s the other?” Jia sat next to her, and smile so bright. What a pretty girl.

“My elective course is not the same as them. But you are.”

“And what it was mean?” Jia looked at Bom with frown eyebrow but still smile.

“I don’t understand this part, can you explain?” Bom pointed the paragraph that she did not understand.

“Oh, it talked about…..”

::::::::::::::::::

“Jia, you are an angel, thankyou.” Bom hug playfully to Jia, after her explanation, she finally got the point thanks to her.

“it was nothing.” Bom looked at her book again and almost fell for her its words, but Jia made a surprised sound. Bom looked at her and followed her eyes direction. Under the tree, on the frozen grass, there was a couple, seemed like they were talking something fun. The girl was tall, had long frizz and pretty forehead. She clearly knew her, who did not anyway? It was Lee Da Hae, one of her friend.

The man was taller than the women, had big eyes and athletic body. If you looked from Park Bom position it was a perfect match. Park Bom frown her eyebrow. It was a lovey dovey moment of them. Actually it was not her concern if the man was not Lee Dongwook.

“He look like doesn’t give up.” The words of Jia had so much meaning to Bom. She was just speechless. That was Lee Dongwook, the man who made Park Bom crazy lately.

“What did you mean?” With confused eyes Park Bom tried to hide her feelings to Jia.

“We all know that Lee Dae Hae already has a boyfriend and it not a false rumor that she just consider Lee Dongwook as her friend, but looked like he does not give up.” Jia’s explanation was really clear to her, but Bom made her chin down, she in the deep thought. It was clear, but what Bom did not understand that what the point of doing all of that? Bom shook his head. It was not her concern anymore, he got all the answer.

:::::::::::::::::

April 2003

It was almost spring, the frozen plant ready to bloom and showed their beautifulness. Park Bom walked alone in the rocky path wanted to pass another department building. Since it was not her department she walked slowly to observe the building and the situation. She had no choice but to go to other department library since most all book talked about what she wanted to look. After got the book, almost in the corner of the park, there were about four chairs for discussion. She looked at familiar figure, she wanted to approach but she took the will again because so many people she did not know. She only knew one person. Park Bom was really introvert person, she hardly approach someone new, for her it was not because she did not like the new person, it was because she did not know how to begin conversation. She was an awkward person. So she shook her head and step back.

“Park Bom.” A voice was heard from the place she wanted to go just a second ago.  Bom then turned her head.

“Yes?” She answered with a little loud, since their distance not too close. Suddenly all eyes on her, she was really shy. The familiar figure moved her hand as sign to get closer. And with hesitation she stepped forward to the girl.

Arrived at there, she then sat next to her. She looked at the person, most of them she already knew their face most of them were from her same department. And when she moved her eyes to last person she looked she surprised.

“Mmm, Tiffany?” Park Bom whispered to the one who called her, Tiffany. All of them looked busy talked to each other so she took courage to make a small conversation with Tiffany by whispered. Tiffany got closer and give her ear to Bom. “What is he doing here?” Park Bom whispered to Tiffany.

“Who?” Tiffany asked what Bom talked about.

“Park Minwoo?”

“Oh, she waited for her girlfriend.” Park Bom looked at Park Minwoo immediately looked like he already looked at Park Bom, so they looked at each other, it was so many unspoken words from their gaze, but Park Bom did not want to take this hard, after she say goodbye to Tiffany she immediately left but Park Minwoo gaze still on the same place. Park Bom.

::::::::::::::::::::

Mey 2003

Bom and three of her friends, CL, Dara, and Minzy sat togheter under the tree, their favorite spot. They were talking about jokes and stuff sometimes they talked about their lecturer who won’t made their semester easy. Laugh together. Normal girl stuff. And suddenly their conversation became quite when CL looked at one place.

“Bom, that jerk Lee Dongwook keep looking at you again.” CL tried to not obvious that she talked about him.

“CL, please just let him, ignore him.”

“But this is serious, he obviously likes another girl but he keeps looking at you.”

“Let’s just hang out; I want to go to beach.”

:::::::::::::::::::::::

The sunset was clearly shown in the beautiful orange sky. The ocean waved so romantic. The sound of petrel clearly heard as loud as the crowd. The crowd of silhouette made it even beautiful. They did their own business. Including this four girls, three of them was enjoy the moment by stood closer at the shore. But Park Bom enjoy the ocean so much, if she had a stress she probably ended in the beach, usually she just sat and watch the ocean for her, it was healing. Somehow, she felt all the stress was drawn in the deep ocean. So, she just sat and watched all her friends had fun. She smiled as she saw all her friends smiled it made her also laugh.

And then, Bom looked at her right, after a girl next to her called a name.

“Seunghyunah, here.” The girl patted the sand as sign to the person called Seunghyun to sit next someone who called him. Park Bom knew very much who the boy and the girl were.  She took a deep sigh and face palmed. And she thought that she couldn’t be like that. She looked pity. And she did not wanted to selfish, all her friend had so much fun, but she wanted to go home after what she just saw. So, Bom decided to join them to play with the shore, and forgot all of this. All of the men.

She played with the shore with smiled in his lips but thorn in her heart.

:::::::::::::::::::

Summer, June 2025

“Mom, they all were Bad Boys. I can not believe that Dad did that to you.”

“But, it was not their fault; it was me who felt that they all liked me.”

“How did you feel after all that?”

“Instead of jealous, I felt relieve and little disappointed. But it was a good thing, so I can focus on my study and did not think about love story it was just a joke for me.”

“Hoel!”

“But, something big happened.”

“What was that?”

::::::::::::::::::::::

Summer 2003

Bom, CL, Minzy, and Dara were about to go home after the long class. They felt really tired that they already imagine ordered boxes of pizza and slept as long as they can, that time for break semester, tomorrow was vacation and so next two month. When Bom was imagining for ete Pizza, then someone called her name.

“Bom, the lecturer called you in X room.”

“For what?”

“I also don’t know, but seems like it for Junior trip.”

“Oh, no! I want my vacation!”

“Iam sorry.”

::::::::::::::::::::::

Bom was came late in the room, all of her friend was being gather, most of them Bom already knew and familiar, it was just little of them, and they mostly talked with tired expression, same as Bom seemed like their vacation was disturbed. And what made Bom couldn’t bealive that she share same room with Park Minwoo, Lee Dongwook and Lee Daehae. She wondered what this time about.

“Yeah, ok for what I got for your courses time, all of you was free for next month, and the other are not. So, I gather you all here to become organizer for Juniors event. All juniors was made into group, which four of you have to with them and organize all the activity of them, so I have been decided the name..”

The lecturer mantion Bom’s friend name, they have to take this even they did not want, it was for grade also.

“Park Bom, Lee Dongwook, Park Minwoo, Lee Daehe” And then, suddenly Lecturer mantioned her name. For Bom it was a perfect hell for her.

“Oh, my vacation.” Bom buried her face with her hand.

:::::::::::::::::::::::