Replay 2004 (Who's My Father?)

Replay 2004 (Who's My Father?)

Summer, June 2025

Rocky path in the small park of university being stepped by a girl with hair around shoulder wore simple t shirt and ripped jeans around knee. Pretty chick but also girly, she wore pastel sneakers. She looked at the book she hold, turned around the page, and stick her hair in the ear, elegant. With her lips moved as she read slowly she did not pay attention what on her forward.

“Sunbae” Called a junior of course. The girl finally freed her eyes from the book. And look the voice sources, from her eyes got wide open, she surprised but at second, she smiled. Someone she knew obviously. She was frozen and look like a statue under sunshine summer. Waiting the junior came approach. “Lee Hi sunbae” He said as he already around one mater close.

“What is it Jungkook?” The girl named Hi looked at the Junior who taller than her with a smile.

“Nothing, just want to let this book to its owner.” He smiled so bright, made Lee Hi couldn’t help but also smiled bright.

“Ah, I almost forget this. Thanks.” And the boy left with a happy smile, Hi focus on her book once again, turned the page. Without she realized she already stepped the floor. She was in the corridor. She moved forward without focus on the way, she memorize the way to her class so well, that she turned left when it was time to, she moved her right feed forward, but actually it was time to lift your feet, not step forward, it was a stair in front of her. She almost fell if someone did not catch her back.

“Clumsy as usual, Hi.” The bass and manly voice made her closed the book and looked at her survivor.

“Kim Hanbin!” Yelled her as she surprised and thank.

“It is me.” Said him showed his smirk.

“Thanks.” She showed her relief smile.

“That Junior approach again?”

“What did you say?” Hi did not understand what Kim Hanbin just said, it was complicated to understand, he talked to her so low tone that she almost did not hear which mean he really careful to say that, and seemed like Hi did not want to talk about that Junior with him, so she asked for explanation.

“Nothing, you have fans lately.”

“Yeah, said the one who has unofficial Fan club.” It was not a joke, in fact the man who walked beside her right now was so almost perfect, he was so hot but innocent at the same time, how could it be.

“Ah, that again, let’s just enter the class.” They smiled and enter the class, after found the proper sit, they let their book out from their bag pack. “Have a plan today?” Asked him while waiting his lecturer.

“Yeah, I plan to come home early. It’s my mom birthday and I have a cake.”

“Ah, I see. Say happy birthday to Bom auntie.”

“I will”. It is silence for a moment, Hi checked her worked pen after she got one, and she continued her conversation. “What will you do after this all over?”

“I’ll my basketball. I have match this weekend, the boy called Choi Junhong from next University is really though.”

“Choi Junhong?” that name seems surprised him.

“Why?”

“Nothing.”

::::::::::::::::::

A chocolate cake wrapped very nice in Hi’s hand, she looked at the cake once again while waiting the bus in the bus station. A box also sit next to her, it was medium size box, wonder what it could be, but made sure it was fit to an adult women. Probably shoes. She peeked at the bus again; she smiled as she saw the green transportation was coming. When it exactly in front of her, she immediately enter the transportation but seemed like she did not that lucky enough this time, the seats were full. She did not have a choice but to depend on hanging to stand.

“Excuse me?” Said a voice next to her. She immediately turned her head as respond. A guy with blonde hair with a hat were sitting next to her he wore a simple shirt and a peach colored long jeans.

“Yes?” Hi more like made sure it was her he talked to more than respond him.

“You may sit here.” He stood and with open arm he let Hi took over his seat.

“Me?” Hi really confused with what just happened.

“Yeah, you are the only one who stands. And you carry really much stuff.” Said him politely. In the end Hi move and sat.

“T… thank you.” Hi felt really awkward the boy just looked forward in front. She looked at the boy again. He was the same boy who helped her in the same bus to carry her books. At that time, she was unsure but his friend was calling him Choi Junhong. She peek the guy again, but this time he peek back. Both of them immediately turned their gaze in another object.

:::::::::::::::::::

“Happy birthday to you…. Happy birthday to you… Happy birthday… happy birthday to you…..” A Happy birthday song was filling the entire of Hi’s house; she carried the cake with the light candle. Her mom, the one who had birthday in the kitchen was cooking. And she turned around to see her beautiful daughter was carrying her cake.

“Hayi-ah..” Her mom seemed so touched.

“Blow it off.” And the hard air from her mom lungs enough to make the candle light off.

::::::::::::::::::

“Mom?”

“Hm?”

“Were you really popular in your collage era?”

“No. Why?”

“Nothing, well how you met father then?”

“Instead of popular, I don’t think so, but there are three men.”

“Whoah… tell me.”

:::::::::::::::::::

12 August 2002

One girl dressed nicely, in this beautiful summer she wore a simple dress, and it was her first time did not wear uniform when it came for school, now she will enter university. It was a new world to her. This silly girl was so exited that she couldn’t find her class, there were so many corridor and doors then, so she really confused, she was so panicked that she will missed her first class.

“What are you looking for?” A husky and deep voice approached her, maybe he realized that she lost; it was clearly drawn on her face.

“This room?” She showed him the number of the room written in her schedule paper.

“Oh, upstairs and first room.” He said that so cool.

“Seunghyunah, hurry.” His friend seemed waited him so long. Without any word to her, he just left.

“Thankyou.” Yelled her and she smile “Seunghyun sanbae.”

:::::::::::::::::::::

When it was the last stair  she stepped the girl looked at her left and her right, explored the new world of her, she will used to it later. She did not realized that a boy just stand alone.

“Excuse me?” A deep voice approached him. Since it was very quite and just two of them in there so the girl looked at him. He might a senior, might a freshman also. She couldn’t just by looked at him, his face really matured and well pretty handsome.

“Yes?” Answered her with hesitation since he was a stranger. She blink her beautiful eyes with long eyelashes, so cute yet so innocent, it made the boy smile a bit.

“Is your room in there?” He pointed the room she would head. And with hesitation again she nodded. Keep the manner she thought, even we did not know she was a bad or good guy. “Oh, the class already began.” He said politely. The girl seemed very introvert she just nodded innocently.

“Thankyou.”

“Anyway we’ll be face the same classes probably since we in the same department. My name is Lee Dongwook nice to meet you.....” He waited to the girl mentioned her name to finish his words.

“Park Bom.”

“Park Bom shi.”

:::::::::::::::::::

Winter, 23 December 2002

Days and months had passed; Park Bom got her hang out friends. Girls stuff always interesting to girl them self, they always talk this and talk that. Like this afternoon, they ended sat under the frozen tree in their park department. 

“Ah, long distance is freaking crazy; i can not spend my Christmas with him.” A friend of Park Bom let out her mind with a mouth full of smoke. It was under zero degrees.

“He doesn’t come home?” Ask the silence one of them, Gong Minzy.

“No, it is New York, what even more beautiful?”

“How about you the one who visit Dara?” Park Bom gave the advice everyone would say.

“Park Bom, she will obviously go to there if there is something not important here.” The wise Lee “You right. Let’s eat, I am hungry.”

“But you already ate Bom-ah?”

“It was just a snack for me.”

“Oh God.”

“Bom, do you realize that the boy called Lee Dongwook looked at here just when we just sat here.” Said Cl -her nickname- whisper and tried not too obvious.

“Just ignore him Chaerin,” Said Bom quite all of sudden. She felt so annoyed drawn on her face.

“But, it was freaking five months he keep doing that, it was creepy, and he even not send you a message.” this time Dara also spoke, all of them actually felt so annoyed, more over Bom, the object he kept looking at.

“Just ask him, his aim for doing that?” Minzy usually did not speak, but not this time.

“No, how about if he said, i did not look at you. Or stuff.”

“But Bom, he bumped to you, and i saw it was not an accident, like he was doing that on purpose. He helped you at the library, how could it be not called like you?”

“I confuse myself, i don’t like him, every i remember this i suddenly think of him and ask my self, what his point of doing this, it makes that i am the one who crazy about him. Just please ignore him.”

:::::::::::::::::::::

Winter, January 2003

“Happy New Year everyone, nice vacation.”

“Yeah, you can say that after this class, the class already began.”

“Oops” Park Bom just into her best mood today, he keep great a person she knew Happy New Year. It was a new semester for Bom and her friends, they already had juniors. They now prepare their paper out.

“I am sorry sir, I late,” A deep husky voice sounds similar to Bom, suddenly she looked who took conversation with the lecturer.

“Sunbae? Isn’t he a senior?” Asked Bom to Dara who wrote what the lecturer wrote on board.

“I heard he repeat this class.”

“Oh, Choi Seunghyun, come in.” And then he found the empty chair and one and only chair was empty was near beside Park Bom. She awe what just happened on her. It was first person she knew in this university, he might forgot about her, but not Park Bom, she obviously never forgot him. She tried to look obvious that she was happy. She peek at him she prepared his paper. And then Bom looked at the lecturer again, Oh she hardly focus this time.

“Is this class already began quite long?” Asked him with his husky voice.

“Y… Yes.” Answer Bom looked really nervous.

:::::::::::::::::

“Bom ah, are you finish yet?”

“Not yet. Just some paragraphs to go”

“Then we go to et early, what you want we order for you,”

“Mmm, Pasta.”

That afternoon, an obedient Park Bom wrote in the library for her test. She searched for a book that she forgot to take, it stay still in its place, too bad that Park Bom just eat not much calcium for her bones so she did not grow well, she jump so hard to just reach the book. And then, a tough arm just passed through his head, he easily took that book she wanted.

“This book?” He showed the book he easily reached to Bom and she just nodded.

“Thankyou.” After that, like a Superman, he just disappear. Bom smiled for his kind attitude.

:::::::::::::::::

“Yo Bom!” While she was writing, someone pretty approached her, she took many books also.

“Ah, Fei!”

“May I borrow that book? After you off course.”

“Of course, here, I just finished.” Fei reached the book Bom gave her, and then Bom attracted to a book did not look like a book. “Mmm, Fei what is that?” Her finger pointed the book.

“Oh, it is an album, photos fron our last trip for charity remember?”

“Oh, that winter?”

“Mm, I was a staff of that even so I will keep it and edit it to share with you guys.”

“Oh, may I see it?”

“Off course. Here.”

That winter was so memorable to her, it was a charity that meaning a lot to her. She had so much fun in there also, to share something was really great to her. She looked all the photos, every photos has different meaning memories and then one pic really attract ed to her, it was her own pic was sat and smile bright.

“Is this?”

“You.”

“Whose the photographer?”

“Oh, the one who helped you take the high book just an hour ago. Park Minwoo. You really pretty Bom.”

“Ah, thank you. You are the prettier.”

“Park Minwoo.” She whisper.

“Mmm, did you say something?”

“Ah, No.”

::::::::::::::::

Summer, June 2003

“Mom, you had many fans back then.” Lee Hi was so exited to ear her mom’s story. “Was Daddy really like that at that time?”

“Yes, your father like that. But, I did not have fans; after you heard this you might think that I was a fool girl.”

“What?”

::::::::::::::::::