5. Hyomi

Virus

- Dongwoo's POV -

We finally arrived at the usual meeting place - the rooftop of a relatively low building that was in a quiet neighborhood - just before noon. Hoya, Sungyeol and I held our breaths as we carefully pushed the door open and put on our best innocent smiles.

It was as expected. Underneath the canvas that was set up, Sungjong and Myungsoo had fallen asleep on the table in the center. Woohyun was sitting with his feet on the table, lazily flipping through a magazine, and Sunggyu was standing, clearly in mid-pacing, eyes burning holes through the late trio.

Sungyeol was the first to dare move as he strolled casually towards the table and pulled out a chair. Before he could do as much as sit on it however, Sunggyu put a hand on his shoulder.

"You said you'd finish explaining?"

Now, don't get me wrong here, Sunggyu is one of the nicest and most gentle of people you'll ever meet. I don't know if it's because he's the oldest one of us, or because he's naturally and unknowingly intimidating, but right now, I could see Sungyeol's Adam's apple bob as he gulped.

Knowing this was my fault in more ways than one (augh, damnit), I took a step forward.

"How much did you tell them?"

Sungyeol seemed to breath in relief when he felt Sunggyu take his hand off of his shoulder.

"Everything except what took us so long to get here, after we made a stop at the hospital."

With a nod, I looked Sunggyu in the eye. He looked annoyed, but honestly, I've seen the very same look countless of times before.

"While the two of them were calling you guys up, I stayed in the room with the girl we saved," I began. "The people at this hospital kept asking us to pry information out of her, because she refused to tell them anything more than her name. And I just started talking to her."

I paused, realizing that I had never intended to get information out of her in the first place (whoops). Just maybe cheer her up. A pointless conversation can mean a lot.

"Her cousin - or so he calls himself - burst in and started to scold her for worrying their family, or something," I continued. At this point, Sunggyu went to shove Sungjong and Myungsoo awake, before beckoning the rest of us to sit down at the table. "He dragged me out to ask me to 'keep her out of trouble'. I went back in to talk to her a bit more, but by then, Hoya came in to say that we had to go. And that's basically it."

"You guys should've let us know sooner, you know," Woohyun said, swinging his feet back onto the floor. Then, with a curious smile, he said, "What's the girl's name?"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at him and I did the same. "We weren't thinking properly."

"You guys never think properly."

Hoya glared at Woohyun, who just stuck his tongue out in response. I shrugged it off. "Anyways, her name's Hyomi."

"Wait, Hyomi? What's her last name?" Myungsoo asked, suddenly wide awake. I stared at him blanky, then exchanged a glance with Hoya, who shrugged and shook his head.

"Didn't get it."

"Why, what's up?" Sungjong asked. All of us looked over to the second youngest boy now. Myungsoo was sort of like our intelligence, if you'd consider us anything like a gang or mafia group. In a way, we are sort of, but not really. Myungsoo had what Sungjong called a "library archive as a memory", and he was pretty good at expanding it, too, regardless of the methods.

Myungsoo shook his head. "Hyomi...Hyomi. If she's who I think she is, then I've donated blood to her before."

"...huh?"

I twitched, somewhat surprised and excited at how small the world was - assuming Myungsoo had the right person. But why would Myungsoo remember the name of one of his blood recepients? And also, aren't they usually anonymous?

"What? Explain, please."

"You guys know that my blood type is O, right? O negative, to be exact. That means, I can only donate blood to anyone regardless of their type, but I can only receive O negative in return."

We nodded.

"Same goes for this Hyomi. Her blood type is O negative, and there was one time I had been passing by an area, near one of the auctions we were tracking. If I remember correctly, it was two years ago, in August. I'll need to go through some documents to get more specifics, but I'm pretty sure it was another organ one."

Yep, Myungsoo's memory was amazing, alright.

"It was night time, and there was a huge commotion when a girl was hit by a car. I saw it happen right in front of my eyes, so naturally, I panicked and was the one who called the police and everything." He paused. "It's weird how alike our situations are, but I ended up going to the hospital with her, and because it was in such a remote area, the doctors and nurses were freaking out, because they needed to give the girl a blood transfusion."

"And so...you happened to be there, and being the gentleman you are, offered yours?" Sungyeol asked, teasingly. Sunggyu whacked him upside the head.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. "Yeah, after a bunch of rushed paperwork and medical forms. It's not like I could have let her die, right?"

"Myungsoo-ah, does she know who you are?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I doubt it, she was unconscious the whole time. We were still busy with the auction at the time, so I left pretty soon. I got a call to say that she was okay, though, and that's when they told me her name."

"And her full name being?"

"Lee Hyomi."

-

Hoya was driving Sungyeol, Myungsoo and I to the hospital again. I don't see why I couldn't drive, I mean, this is my car...they even made me sit in the backseat! ...But anyways, Sungyeol and Hoya and I are flatmates, so that explains these two. Myungsoo lived with Sunggyu, but he wanted to come see Hyomi to see if his hunches were correct.

"Yah, Sungyeol, what did you do to my phone?" I complained, fumbling with the black device in my hands. It wasn't scratched or anything, but when I went to get it, the back cover had flew off, battery somewhere under the seat, and the time and date had been reset.

The tall boy laughed nervously as he claimed to have no idea what I was talking about. I huffed, and went back to making sure that my files and music was still all there.

I heard Myungsoo chuckle and I sent him a glare. He returned it with a smile, and I returned that with a grumble.

"Do you really think she's related to those people?" I murmured, so only he could hear me. In the front, Hoya and Sungyeol were too absorbed in singing themselves hoarse along with the radio. I didn't want to believe it.

"That's what we're going to find out."

-

-gasp- what ever could they be talking about? the plot thickens! (finally, lol. next fic i'm just gonna stick with long chapters. xD)