3. Genius

Virus

- Hoya's POV -

Mmkay, so I woke up before the sunrise this morning because Sunggyu had given us all a call, and said we needed to meet up to discuss the plans for the coming Thursday.

Dongwoo, being the godforsaken flatmate/driver that he is, took forever to wake up, and then because it was sort of his fault that we were late, he drives like freaking Mario Kart and nearly gets Sungyeol and I killed.

Then he loses it and goes and jumps into a ing river, and now we have a girl that we snatched back from death's door in our hands, and I don't think the others would be very pleased to hear this.

The boat arrived quickly for us to get back to shore. The girl we saved tried to jump back into the water, but she was so frail that Dongwoo just lifted her off the ground and carried her in his arms. She was protesting, beating her fists against his chest, but he didn't really care. We also told her that we'd accopany her to the hospital, and her face fell...like she didn't want to be there. She begged us to take her anywhere but the hospital, but by then, the boat had lowered a ladder for us to climb up.

The paramedics quickly put the her on a stretcher and gave her an oxygen mask just in case, since she kept stumbling once Dongwoo put her down. Her face turned pale and she looked like she was about to faint - well actually, she did, so there was no chance to ask her for her name, and she didn't have a phone or ID card on her either. They let Dongwoo and I sit in the back of the van with her, and gave us towels to keep warm and dry off with. Sungyeol said he would drive the car to the hospital.

Explaining this to the guys is gonna be a pain in the .

- Third Person POV -

The girl was wheeled in for a check up to make sure her vital systems were functioning properly, and that she hadn't swallowed too much water or received any external and internal injuries. The doctors found that she was pretty much okay - her vital systems were working, her conditions were standard, and they even praised the quick actions and thinking of the boys.

They did find however, that the girl was extremely weak and hadn't been eating properly for weeks. They insisted that she stayed in the hospital, hooking her up to an IV, and attempted to pry a family contact from her when she woke up. No matter how much they tried, she insisted that she had not connections whatsoever.

Dongwoo and Hoya knocked on her room door after being told that they could visit her, but there was no reply from the other side. The doctors also hinted that they may be able to get some information out of her, since she was so unwilling to speak to the rest of them. The two boys exchanged glances before Hoya pulled the door open himself.

"Hi," they chorused awkwardly, seeing the girl curled up on her bed, back facing them. The two friends looked at each other again, shrugging, and Hoya went to sit on the stool by her bedside.

"I'm Hoya, and they told us your name's Hyomi, right?"

When he received a small nod in response, he frowned. Prying things from her was not going to be easy.

"This is Dongwoo, he was the one who saw you fall," he continued, making a motion towards his still standing friend, even though the girl wasn't looking.

Another small nod.

"Sorry we couldn't have saved your bag, it was too heavy and it sunk to the bottom, I guess..."

This time, she just gave an almost inaudible sigh. Hoya was starting to get frustrated.

"Look, could you at least talk to us? I mean we saved - "

He was stopped abruptly when Dongwoo literally slapped a hand against his mouth.

"Mmfffgh?!" (translation: "what the hell!?")

He shot a glare at the older boy, who gave him a slightly apologetic grin in response.

"Hey, can you check on Sungyeol and see if he managed to explain to the others?"

Hoya raised his eyebrows, and Dongwoo used his other hand to point at the girl, then brought the finger to his face, sliding it down from his eye to his cheek. She's crying.

Hoya bit his lip as a rush of guilt welled up inside of him. He nodded and mumbled a quick, "excuse me" as he left. Once he had closed the door behind him, he smacked himself in the forehead and said, "thanks, hyung," under his breath, before making his way down the hall.

Back inside the room, Dongwoo had plopped himself on the chair Hoya had been occupying. He glanced over to the girl and scratched his head, not sure how he was going to deal with this. He looked around and tried to think of something to say.

"Do you like sweets?" he asked, before wincing at how ridiculous he sounded.

The stillness that followed clearly showed how confused she was at his random question, but she nodded anyways. A wide smile made it to his face.

"What about music?"

Another nod.

"Dancing?"

They went on like this for a while, with Dongwoo asking the girl if she liked this, if she liked that. He started to ramble, since he was getting excited and curious about this girl.

"Do you like taking walks? Especially on a nice day, in a park or -"

She suddenly rolled herself over to face him. Her eyes were puffy and red, evidence of tears on her cheeks.

"Why...do you keep asking things?"

Dongwoo was a little more than surprised that she spoke up. And turned to face him, at that. Her voice was a little hoarse, but at least she stopped crying, and she didn't seem to mind the bombardment of random questions anyways.

"Well, why not?" he asked, still smiling.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "...you're weird."

"No, you are, I said that earlier."

"...you're weirder."

"Nuh-uh. You barely know me."

"You barely know me!"

"So?"

"W-what? Ugh, you're annoying!"

"You just don't appreciate my genius!"

"What genuis?"

"Exactly!"

"...huh?!"

Her irritated expression quickly became a flabbergasted one. Dongwoo suddenly burst out in a fit of laughter.

The girl could only stare, dumbfounded. Slightly flustered, she asked, "W-what's so funny?"

Dongwoo cleared his throat and managed to surpress his laughter into a light chuckle. "The look on your face."

She felt the heat rising in her face and she gave him an angry stare. She huffed and turned back around to face the window again, her back towards Dongwoo.

"But seriously, do you like taking walks?"

She gave an exasperated sigh. "I guess."

There was a brief silence between them as Dongwoo began to wonder what he should say next.

"Well anyways," he drawled. "I know you won't like this next question."

She flinched. "Whatever. If you want need to ask, then ask."

He opened his mouth, but hesitated. He had been able to squirm into her comfort zone, but he was still on the border. She had been bombarded with questions ever since they set foot into the place, and he could see the way she refused to answer. Besides that, he didn't want to force anything on her. She was mentally fragile.

"In that case, I'll ask another time."

She wasn't expecting him to say that, but looked away and murmured a quiet, "Thanks."

He chuckled again and was slightly started when there was a urgent rapping on the room door.

Fearing that it was Hoya back with bad news, he frowned, turning towards Hyomi as if to ask for her permission to open the door. She had her head turned and shrugged, before going back to face the windows again.

"Come in?" Dongwoo called.

The door was flung open as a young man stood at the frame, looking slightly bewildered and disheveled. His appearance made it clear that he, one, had been rushing here, and two, was a doctor. He was panting slightly and when he caught his breath, he murmured,

"Hyomi?"

Confused, Dongwoo looked from the man to the girl on the bed, and saw that her shoulders were tensed up and one of her hands was clenched into a small fist. She didn't look very happy.

What was going on here?

-

mhm, lots of updates recently! ...well, it's only for now because I had planned the first few chapters quite a while ago, and I get a day off today. u_u oh, and, omfg, the live performances of Neverland is freaking fierce. <3