Chapter 2

Work in the Big Apple

 The day wore on. Minjun and Chansung took to noting the recruits. On their voice, dancing, general presence, yes. But also they were having fun noting them on how cute and y they thought they were. Girls and Boys alike were noted this way, the two 2PM boys quietly chatting in the background, sometimes laughing, sometimes very serious in their notes.

 

At the end of the day, Minjun stopped being interested in the kids as soon as he spotted a beautiful young woman that came to talk to Mr Park. She had stunning good taste in clothes, and had all the right curves in his eyes. Chansung whispered a joke about one of the kids, and when his hyung did not react, he looked at him. He saw Minjun biting his lower lip slightly and followed his gaze. He saw the woman too, but did not get his hopes up since he noticed the ring on her left hand. “Junnie must not have noticed the ring” he thought to himself and looked back to the mini-stage, where a young girl’s voice drew his attention. He heard her sing, and thought of IU’s voice. It was similar, but different. She was a little chubby, but so was he when he became a trainee, so he got wondering if she could dance. If she could, he knew JYP would take her on board as a trainee, she had the best voice of all the contestants so far.

 

The woman with the good looks finished her low talk with JYP and stepped out of the room. Minjun sighed and got his attention back to the contestants. He had missed the great girl and Chansung laughed slightly of his hyung. Minjun eyed him, annoyed, but soon he smiled seeing the joy in his Maknae’s eyes.

 

Five contestants later, and JYP announced they were taking a break to grab something to eat. Both boys jumped to their feet and stretched luxuriously.

 

“So boys, any picks in the contestants so far?” JYP asked them once out of the room.

 

“That Choi Min Sook was amazing, boss,” answered an enthousiastic Chansung.

 

“Huh, who?” asked a surprised Minjun, who did not obviously think someone was that good to be so hyped up.

 

Chansung drove his elbow into his hyung’s arm playfully. “You missed this amazing performance, hyung. I guess you were too busy watching that girl talking to the boss when she was singing so amazingly.” He then laughed out loud.

 

JYP frowned, trying to remember both the contestant and the girl Chansung mentioned. “Oh yeah, this girl. Yes, she had a good voice. And are you talking about Eun Jyo? Chansung, I did not know you could joke about a noona? Eun Jyo is one of the dressers and makeup artists I keep around here to help when I send people over for shows. She also works on movies and some TV sets when we do not require her services.” Jin Young knew her to be engaged, he took interest in his employees lives so he could prevent crisis in his business. He did not deem it important to mention it to Minjun. A little interest cannot hurt anyone, after all.

 

They went to lunch and enjoyed their pizza together with a few NY JYPE employees. JYP had reserved half a pizzeria for his guys and gals to enjoy some time together. Minjun spotted Eun Jyo at the other end of the restaurant, so there was no way he could talk to her right that moment. Somehow, he felt shy about talking to her anyway. The boys around them were fun to chat with, so he soon forgot to watch this beautiful woman.

 

With full stomachs, they went back to JYP's studio to hear and watch some more contestants. Many young people went on stage, rappers, singers, dancers, actors, models and even comedians (auditioning for MC) appeared before them. A few froze, as was expected, and of course were sent away with a smile. A few were good, two of the rappers were worth the attention, five of the dancers, only one actor and no future MC. Singers were many, but only two were given a chance to come back on the third day for a rough training class, to see if they were only nervous, or if their voices normally broke as it just did. Honestly, JYP had a lot of amazing singers in training as it was, he'd only take the cream of the crop if there was some lying around in New-York.

 

Around ten thirty at night, they called it a night. They had another long day of auditions waiting for them tomorrow also. They were happy the registrations was made through internet a few weeks back, so they would not have more auditions to hear/see than the number of participants that subscribed.

 

Jinyoung, Minjun and Chansung waited some time until all the contestants have left, lingering around the coffee machine and enjoying the black liquid before leaving for the hotel. On their way, and because the maknae was hungry (as usual), they stopped at McDonald's. The menu was different than back home, but they recognized the big mac so bought a few of those at the drivethru then went back to the hotel. Since it was so late, they went to the maknae's room to eat their food and chat some about the day they passed and the day ahead.

 

“So kids, how do you find the other kids so far?” asked JYP, taking place in one of the two chairs near the window.

 

“Still thinking that vocalist was amazing, especially when the other singers did not impress much. Some good rappers, some good dancers, had a good laugh a few times... Some potential I guess.” offered Chansung, who was sitting on the edge of his bed since the two elders took the chairs. He bit into his sandwich while Jinyoung turned his head towards Minjun.

 

The latter pouted some since he still did not know who that vocalist was. “Same as Channie, though I really don't know what vocalist he's talking about. Say hyung, do we have to be there tomorrow? I'd like to shop some since we did not come here for so long.” Jinyoung sent him a glare. “Hyung! I meant clothes and accessories! Who do you take me for?” Minjun showed an offended face, and the two others started laughing.

 

“Hum? Sure, why not? I'll make a call or two before going to bed so you're not alone in the city. Wanna go Chansung-ah?”

 

Chansung simply nodded eagerly since he just took a huge bite of his second sandwich, fingers in his fries about to grab some.

 

Jinyoung stayed around for about an hour then excused himself, saying he needs to go make some calls for tomorrow. Both youngsters raised from their seats to bow a little.

 

“Annyeongi jumuseyo, hyung!”

 

“Good night kids, sleep tight. And don't do what I wouldn't tomorrow, alright?”

 

The boys chuckled and closed the door behind their boss. Since they slept a lot on the plane and last night also, and basically acted like sloths all day while not moving, they were not tired yet.

 

Both jumped on the bed and settled comfortably building the pillows up in their backs before Chansung grabbed the remote on the nightstand beside him. He turned the channels until he found MTV. He set the volume to a comfortable level and turned to his hyung.

 

“So hyung, really want to go shopping tomorrow?” Channie asked with a knowing smirk playing on his lips.

 

“Better than sitting on my all day. Besides, NY is a fashionista's heaven from what I remember.”

 

“That's what I thought” chuckled the younger. He grabbed his hyung's hand and played with the fingers while turning his attention to the TV. They stayed quiet for a while, until Minjun spoke. Of course, he could not stay silent, this hyung of his.

 

“Channie, since we won't be in New-York for a long time, do you think I should ask EunJyo out for a drink?”

 

Chansung fidgeted some before answering his elder. “Up to you hyung, but don't think seriously about this woman. We probably won't be coming back for a long time again...” Should he tell him the truth? Minjun has been single and alone for so long, how could he crash his hopes totally? The maknae cares about his hyung, maybe too much sometimes to his own taste. They do not always deserve him being this nice and submissive when they are sometimes acting like kids compared to him.

 

“You're right Chan, but a drink or two, and maybe some cuddling would be nice for a change. Remember how the American girls are different, when we used to sneak in the night... No, scratch that, you were much too young so we left you sleeping the few weeks we spent training here.” He looked at his deceived maknae, who had no idea the hyungs did that back in the days. “Sorry?”

 

“It's alright hyung, I guess you were right to leave me behind. Guess you left Jinwoonie, Wooyoungie hyung and Junho hyung behind too.”

 

“Ne, we did. No offense, but we couldn't get caught with such young kids.” Minjun side-hugged the taller man. “How about we go clubbing tonight?”

 

“Aniyo hyung. I feel like cuddling and renting a movie. Guess I'll need to practice my English while watching it though. So, what do you want to rent?”

 

They ended up renting three movies, both falling asleep still cuddling on the pillows on the third one.

*********************

A/N Hi chingus!

I am really sorry for the long wait, and the dull update here. So many things kept me from writing these past few months, it's not even funny.

But guilt brought me back, because I don't like 1. leaving people waiting 2. leaving characters floating up in limbo, their story unfinished.

I know this update is sort of lame, but this is backstory for the following days. And well, it seems I have started posting this story as a sort of daily journal, since the chapters talk about one day at a time. I did not plan to do it like this, but I guess it's ok for the flow of this story. Happy they only stay in NY for about a week though, not used to chaptered fics. I am more of a one-shot type of girls, as my first fic shows. Though I might write a second chapter there since I left so much unfinished *argh guilt again*

Chapter 3 is already started, but you know what? I hate finding names to characters. Especially when I am unsure what a combination of words can mean. I've learned ChanSung means "agreement" in Korean, thus his Twitter ID. And honestly, why did his parents think he was an agreement anyway? I am sort of insulted by this somehow... *pouts* The people JYP will hire for the day in the city might go by their American names. Sweet idea that is...

Anyways, I am so sorry again, and will *try* to update soonish enough. Though with my life, this might be impossible... *sigh*

Hope you enjoyed anyway, see you around!