Scene 4: Exhibit Y

Unscripted

Yixing shows up in a nice black dress shirt and scarf to keep his usually exposed neck warm. Luhan twitches nervously. 

Yixing: Lead the way (sounding very cheery)

Luhan does so, giving Yixing a tour of the exhibits, and some background information on the artists that he knows personally. Yixing seems awestruck, and very appreciative of art. Luhan is beginning to feel pleased. The growing buzz of the crowd tells Luhan they’re nearly there. His was placed at the very back, a large framed piece of paper, taking up a whole wall, an invisible glamourous spotlight on it.  

Yixing: Wow… (Breathes out, cheeks puffed out) 

Luhan stares at Yixing, studying his face. He observes the perffect curvature, and counts the long lashes.  

Yixing: I… 

Luhan: Yes, I’m sorry, it’s my specialty. I only draw what I want to see. Or… what I think I’m actually seeing (Luhan scuffles his feet).

Luhan averts his attention to his masterpiece. A shocking picture of a handsome man, draped in what seems like the most exquisite cloth… sitting on the floor, leaning against his door. Yet he seems sad, to say the least. A look of regret and sadness on the round orbs of his eyes, and his hands clasped tightly around the cloth, as if it’s the only thing keeping his body together… his chains. But, amongst everything else, in the havoc of his life, his lips are pressed together in a pretty smile— the only silver lining. Yixing can almost picture the cold, sad man that he never saw in himself, eyes spacing out and recalling something… was it happy? Sad? He might never know. 

Yixing: I like it… I love it. Thank you. (It comes out in a whisper but he seems unaware of it)

Luhan: Good. Very good. (Nods continuously) Sorry about the… uhm… (gestures to the whole sketch)

Yixing: Oh, this? What are you sorry for? (chuckles) It’s beautiful. Really. I’m very honored, although I don’t understand how you can read that much off my face alone. 

Luhan: Give me some credit. (Picks a spot on the floor to stare at while Yixing carries on being amazed by the artwork)

Yixing: Wow…

Luhan: Whenever you’re ready, we can go grab lunch. 

Yixing: Wow…

Luhan: Or dinner (sighs, realizing it might take long for Yixing to ever be ready) 

Luhan waits because its Yixing, and he feels like this one's a keeper.

 


 

A/N: So... uh... how's it so far? How are you guys? ;_;