Approach

Silent Killer

 

It was only one more hour until lunchtime and only four more hours of the school day left, but Kisa felt like school would never be over. Kisa didn’t believe in any religion, but if karma was catching up to her murderous deeds, then high school was the curse she was given. She started to regret accepting the mission, but it was too late to give up now. And even though she hated school, Kisa’s ego was too big for turning down a task. She had never quit before, so why let an overly happy Boy Scout-like child ruin her day?

 

Besides, killing Chanyeol would mean freedom for both Kisa and Tao. Tao would have some peace and happiness, and there was nothing else Kisa wanted more for Tao than that. Tao had always been the number one person in her life for always having her back even in death circumstances, and now it was time to return the favor.

 

Now in more uplifted spirits, Kisa’s expression changed from a sick-of-school face to a determined-to-at-least-get-through-the-day face. Well, it’s a start, right?

 

Kisa walked into her math class and walked towards the back of the class to find a seat. As she walked by her fellow peers, some girls shied away in intimidation while some guys cat-called. She rolled her eyes and sat down at an empty desk. “Arrogant, much?” a girl whispered to her guy friend. “Just the way she walks shows that she thinks that she’s the Queen or something.”

 

 The guy friend of the bad-mouthing girl looked over to examine Kisa. His eyes scanned Kisa from head-to-toe in interest. Kisa stared at the two friends, waiting for them to get her mental message of ‘mind your own business’. The girl noticed Kisa’s stare, and scoffed. She twisted some locks of her hair around her finger and turned away from Kisa to face the window on her left. The guy friend then got up from his seat and started to walk towards Kisa.

 

Kisa crossed her legs and leaned back in her chair, amused by the approaching stranger. He slid into the seat in front of Kisa. “What? Here to tell me off because of your little girlfriend?” Kisa asked, wondering how this guy would react.

 

Surprisingly, he laughed. “Oh god. If Nara was my girlfriend, I’d be dead,” he replied in defense. He smiled at Kisa, and Kisa almost melted at his puppy-dog eyes. She bit her lip and awkwardly ran her fingers through her hair, hoping that blush wasn’t evident.

 

He’s just cute, Kisa Huang, okay?

 

“So hey, I’m Taemin,” the boy introduced himself. “I’m Kisa.” Taemin smiled again. “What a cute name for a cute girl!” Taemin squealed. “Uh, what? Excuse me?” Kisa asked, genuinely confused. “You’re cute, Kisa!” he complimented again.

 

Kisa had been told on several occasions that she was attractive, and sometimes low-life thugs tried to hit on her. It never flattered her, but this was the first time she’s been ever called cute. Even Tao never like that.

 

Well, today was a first for many things. First day of school, first actual school, first ride on the bus, first time people tried to be friends with her, and first time she’s ever been called cute. None of this was certainly on her bucketlist.

 

Thanking him would be the most positive social reaction and impact, right?

 

“Thanks, Taemin,” Kisa said awkwardly. “No problem. You don’t mind if I sit in front of you, right? I’d much suffer through math class with you instead of Nara. She’s worse than math,” Taemin complained. He put on his begging puppy-eyed face and Kisa felt her insides melting.

 

“But you don’t even know me. I could be worse than Nara. I could be worse than math,” Kisa tried to joke. Social skills = level negative nine, you idiot. Taemin laughed and slapped his knee. “Then let me get to know you more. I like you already, Kisa. And I’m pretty sure you’re better than math,” the puppy-eyed boy grinned.

 

For the first time that day, Kisa cracked a real smile. It was another first to add to her list.

 


 

A/N: Really short chappie, sorry! Power outages and lack of wifi prevents me from updates ;_; I'll update soon about the starting friendship between the EXO-K boys and Kisa, but I wanted to add Taemin to the story because he's the cutest omg you just can't resist him /heart eyes/

Happy 4th of July to all the Americans out there ^.^