Social Skills

Silent Killer

 

Kisa laughed.

 

“Seriously? That’s it? Kill a boy?”

 

Tao didn’t find it as amusing as Kisa. “It’s a sick world out there, and we’re a part of the world that isn’t good. Think about it, Kisa. This boy is 17. You’ve never killed anyone under twenty.”

 

“So? You think the blood of a minor will taint me? Will killing him change me? I don’t think so.”

 

“Maybe he won’t change you, but being in this new environment will. Kisa, your next clean kill has to be in a high school. So no guns or weapons, just straight up martial -.”

 

“Wait, HIGH SCHOOL?!” Kisa shrieked. She’s never lost so much patience in one day, and she’s never been to school, or socialized with the outside world except on business affairs.

 

“Yes, don’t make me repeat what I have to say. But you’re given three months to experience what it’s like to be a junior in high school, as well as killing the victim, Park Chanyeol.”

 

Kisa felt as if her blood turned cold.

 

 

[ The man smirked again. “I’m here to avenge Mr. Park.”

 

Kisa tilted her head in a slight confusion. “I haven’t killed anyone by the name of Park.”

 

“Exactly, Miss Huang,” he sighed. The man pulled out a gun from his pocket before continuing his sentence. “You haven’t killed anyone named Park … yet. ]

 

 

How did that man in the alleyways know about her next target before she did?

 

“A-are you okay, sis?” Tao voiced out.

 

Kisa’s mind returned to reality and nodded. “Okay, when do I start?”

 

Tao thought Kisa’s behavior was strange, but let the matter pass. “I’ll call the boss later again tonight about your acceptance to the mission. You will start tomorrow, because it’ll be the first day of the school year. Kyungsoo will be going as your wingman, so he as well will be joining you as a junior student.”

 

Kisa blew her bangs out of her eyes. “Why does Kyungie need to come along? I can do this by myself,” Kisa said, irritated. She didn’t mean to sound like a whiner, but today was just a huge blow to her. “Well, Kyungsoo is nicer than you. He will help you make friends. Relationships are vital in high school.”

 

“What? He’s coming because I’m bad at making friends?”

 

For the first time since the conversation started, Tao cracked a smile. “Oh darling, you aren’t just bad at it. You balls at it.”

 

“I’d kick your own balls right now.”

 

“But you won’t because you looooovveee meeee- HOLY KISA WHY,” Tao yelped, clutching his crotch in pain. Kisa laughed at her successful kick and ran out of his room. “Get back here you meanie! Where do you think you’re going?” Tao yelled, his strained voice echoing the hallways.

 

“I’m going to get ready for school tomorrow!” Kisa yelled back, racing up the stairs to her room. Well, those were eight words she thought she’d never say.

 

~

 

“What’s the point of driving us to the bus stop if you could just drive us to school?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“It’s for stealth. Can’t let others see my license plate. You don’t know who’s watching,” Tao said coolly, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He occasionally checked the front view mirror to fix his hair and to see how much of a “y beast” (quoted Tao) he looked in his new aviator sunglasses.

 

“Don’t listen to his crap, Kyungie. He just wants to save gas so he could have more money for Starbucks,” Kisa said, twirling her hair with her index finger. Kyungsoo laughed. Tao grumbled at how bratty his sister was in the morning.

 

“Okay, get out of the car, we’re here. Love you, Kisa! Take care, Kyungsoo! Have a great first day!” Before Tao could even see Kisa and Kyungsoo wave goodbye to him, he sped off to the nearest Starbucks.

 

The bus came quickly soon after Tao’s departure. Kisa ran towards to the bus‘ opening doors, and Kyungsoo quickly rushed after her, which was quite hard because his legs were so short compared Kisa’s long, lean and muscular legs. Kisa grabbed Kyungsoo and dragged him to empty seats in the back. The bus soon started getting more populated, and then after ten minutes the bus closed its doors to leave for the next destination.

 

Closed spaces aren’t unfamiliar to Kisa, but being in a compact space like this with people who were busy picking their noses, trying to hide their sweat pit-stains, rapidly texting, and doing whatever else they were doing just made her disgusted. She wrinkled her nose and scooted closer to Kyungsoo. “This is so weird,” Kisa whispered to Kyungsoo. He laughed. “Wow, is this the first time you’ve ridden a bus?” he asked, nudging her shoulder. “Yes. You ride these vehicles often?” she asked in disbelief. Kyungsoo nodded. “Hey, carpooling prevents more air pollution!” he said matter-of-factly.

 

Kisa groaned. “Better get used to this, Kisa,” Kyungsoo snickered. Pushing aside the matter of morning transportation, Kisa put her focus back to their task. “So are we already registered as junior students?” she asked. Kyungsoo nodded. “Your brother registered us under as Kim Kyungsoo and Kim Kyung-Mi. We’ll be known as siblings.”

 

She stared into Kyungsoo’s big eyes. “Don’t lie to me. No way Tao would put me as Kyung-Mi.” Kyungsoo sighed. Kyung-Mi was the name of Tao’s first love, as well as his first victim. “Well, it was worth trying. Just kidding, you’ll be my ‘cousin’ named Lee Kisa. I don’t know why Tao let us keep our first names for our identities, but I trust him.”

 

Before Kisa could say anything else, the bus came to a halt and opened its doors to all the high school students. All the teens on the bus rushed out to the school’s open gates, and Kisa and Kyungsoo followed. “Try to blend in,” Kyungsoo whispered into Kisa’s ear. She shot him a glare. “I know that, Kyungie. I’m not stupid.”

 

“Please stop calling me Kyungie.”

 

“Why? It’s cute.”

 

“You’re not the type of person who’s into ‘cute’.”

 

“Stop complaining before I take out one of your huge eyeballs.”

 

“Damn, cousin. So quick to threaten your own family.”

 

“Kyungie, stop talking. You’re annoying me.”

 

“Stop calling me that!”

 

~

 

“Everyone, everyone. Please take your seats,” the teacher droned, clearly not wanting to be at his job. The students scurried to grab seats next to their best friends and crushes. “Okay, so is everyone here? Yes? No? Whatever,” the teacher droned on.

 

Kisa had grabbed a seat next to Kyungsoo, obviously. She leaned in towards him and whispered, “Is he seriously in charge of our education?” He shrugged and kept focusing on the teacher like a perfect goody two-shoes student. Kisa sighed, having to constantly remind herself why she was in high school. If it weren’t for the fact that her target was here, she would’ve stabbed herself already because school was dreadful. Three months of high school? This was worse than Tao’s spaghetti.

 

Suddenly a tall giant rushed in through the doors. His black hair was styled upwards, but it was a bit messy here and there.  His school uniform jacket was already a bit torn on the sleeves and his white shirt was dirty. He obviously wasn’t the epitome of cleanness, but Kisa found him amusing.

 

“Sorry I’m late, guys! Oh hey, Yoon-sseongnim, looks like we’re stuck with each other for homeroom again!” the giant said with a booming deep voice. Both Kisa and Kyungsoo were a taken-back. How was someone with such a baby face be the owner of a deep voice? The bored teacher cleared his throat. “Park Chanyeol, please take a seat behind of Miss Lee Kisa, the only girl in the second row. And stop being such a big class disruption,” Yoon-sseongnim half-heartedly scolded.

 

Park Chanyeol. This loud kid was whom Kisa was supposed to kill? It almost made her laugh out loud. This was going to be so easy. She could kill him the minute the bell rang, and then Kisa would finally be free of this hell called high school.

 

Kyungsoo turned to look at Kisa. This is the kid? he mouthed to her. Kisa simply smirked.

 

“Okay, Yoon-sseongnim!” the overly happy giant saluted to the teacher, flashing wide pearly white smiles to everyone in the classroom. Kisa observed Chanyeol walking down the aisle between desks. He high-fived all the guys and said hello to all the girls who were swooning over him. Wow, Mr. Popular, much? Kisa thought. Chanyeol took his seat behind Kisa.

 

“Since it’s the first day, you all may just talk about your summer and whatever you kids want. Just don’t bother me,” Yoon-sseongnim spoke. He then took a seat at his desk to sip his coffee and finish his Sudoku puzzle. The class immediately fell into a loud chatter, all the students talking about their summer vacations.

 

Before Kisa could discuss the murder-of-the-giant-happy-freak-Chanyeol with Kyungsoo, she felt someone tap her left shoulder. And what do you know? It was Park Chanyeol himself.

 

“Kisa, right? I’ve never seen you at this school before. Are you new here?” Chanyeol asked, bright eyed. Kisa stared at him. What kind of victim just plainly talks to their killer? Oh yeah, he didn’t know anything. The kid was clueless.

 

“U-uh, yeah,” Kisa stammered. “And this is my cousin, Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo turned around in his seat and waved hello. Chanyeol smiled. “Oh cool! I’m Chanyeol!” he introduced loudly. Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

“Sorry I look dirty. Several dogs chased me on the way to school and then they bit my bike’s tires, so I crashed off the sidewalk and into the road pavement. My bike was then basically useless, so I walked to school,” Chanyeol explained his dirty state of being. “A-are you okay?” Kisa asked. She honestly didn’t care if he was hurt, but showing concern for him would make it easier for them to be friends, right?

 

“Yeah, I’m feeling dandy! Thanks for asking,” Chanyeol grinned, his huge eyes getting bigger, if that was even possible. What kind of person uses the word dandy? Kisa wondered. This Chanyeol character seriously was creeping her out and getting on her nerves. She decided that she didn’t need any friends at all, especially not Chanyeol. The life of a lone wolf served her just fine.

 

“Are you always this happy?” Kisa asked bluntly. Did this guy have an off-switch for his smile? She’s never seen someone so … Chanyeol-like. This kid was truly one of a kind. Chanyeol nodded like his head was a shaky bobble-head. "Slaving away minutes to hours, we must live for what makes us smile the brightest,” the happy soul said wisely. “Well … okay then,” Kisa responded lamely.

 

“Hey! Since you guys are new here, why don’t you meet some of my good friends?” Chanyeol offered excitedly. “N-nah, it’s okay, you alone is enough for today, uh,” Kisa awkwardly laughed. Kyungsoo flicked Kisa’s forehead quickly enough so no one could notice and smiled back at Chanyeol. Kisa gritted her teeth at Kyungsoo, who pretended not to notice. Chanyeol clearly didn’t notice. “We’d love to meet your friends,” Kyungsoo agreed, emphasizing the word friends just to annoy Kisa.

 

The giant beamed. “Great!” Chanyeol waved over some of his guy friends at the front of the classroom. “HEY! JONGIN! SEHUN! BAEKKIE!” he yelled loud enough for any neighboring countries to hear. The teacher accidentally spit out his coffee. The three friends turned to look at their noisy deep-voiced friend. “COME MEET MY NEW FRIENDS!” Chanyeol continued to yell.

 

F-friends? Friends with the prey? What the actual HELL. Kisa mentally screamed.

 

“That’s it. It all makes sense now. High school is just a prison full of hormonal kids on a crack,” Kisa muttered, her frustration rising every minute. She slammed her head on her desk. Chanyeol shook Kisa’s shoulders in alarm. “OH MY GOSH! Kisa! Are you alright?” he asked worriedly. Kyungsoo stifled his laughter.

 

Chanyeol’s friends came over to their desks. Chanyeol nudged Kisa. “H-hey, Kisa! Please don’t die. You still have to meet my friends and you have to finish the school day!” Kisa groaned and lifted her head up. Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and all of his friends then busted out laughing for no apparent reason. “What’s so funny? What’s the joke?” Kisa asked, annoyed.

 

Kyungsoo clutched his stomach and laughed even harder. “Kisa, you’re always scary but right now you look like that creepy girl from The Ring!” Kisa’s eyes widened and quickly fixed her long black hair so it wouldn’t be hanging in front of her face. She looked down at her feet, ashamed that she was being laughed at.

 

She felt a sudden hand pat her back lightly and she looked up to see a handsome face. “Hey, sorry for laughing at you. I’m Jongin, but everyone calls me Kai,” Kai greeted, grinning sheepishly. “And the one with purple hair is Baekhyun. The one with the stone -face is Sehun.” Sehun glared at Kai and Baekhyun winked at Kisa. Unfazed, she simply dismissed their little actions. “I’m Kisa.”

 

“And I’m Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo smiled. “They’re cousins,” Chanyeol mentioned. Kisa nodded. “You guys don’t look the slightest bit alike. Not even as family,” Sehun commented dully. “I’m 50% Chinese,” Kisa half-lied. Her parents were both Chinese, but she was born in Korea, unlike Tao.

 

“Well, so what was your old high school?” Baekhyun asked. “We were homeschooled since we were kids,” Kyungsoo answered. “Wow, that must . Well, we will take the honor of being your escorts around the school and your guide to living and socializing!” Baekhyun declared.

 

“No, it’s okay. You’re too kind, you don’t need to do anything like that for us,” Kisa fake smiled. “Ignore my cousin, she’s never had a real friend before. Thank you so much for offering us to show us around!” Kyungsoo said, sounding way happier than he should’ve been. “It’s okay, Kisa, we don’t bite,” Baekhyun grinned.

 

Yeah, but I do. Kisa thought.

 

Kisa gave the purple haired shorty another one of her signature fake smiles. “Let’s show them around during free period,” Kai suggested. “You guys can sit with us at lunch,” Chanyeol said. “Thanks. We really appreciate it,” Kyungsoo grinned. “Right, Kisa?” Kyungsoo silently glared at Kisa, mentally urging her to smile more and just be nice to Chanyeol and his friends. “Yeah, lunch. Thanks. Yay,” Kisa said, her voice just absolutely dripping with ecstasy.

 

The bell rang, and Kyungsoo left with Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “Bye Kisa!” all five guys hollered as they rushed out the door, leaving Kisa alone. Kisa sighed. So much for a wingman. Thanks, Kyungie. It’s not like I really needed you anyways. Kisa thought angrily, feeling betrayed and bitter.

 

The almighty Kisa Huang who usually was always cool, tough and untouchable was now suffering because of high school. 

 


 

A/N: I honestly don't blame anyone if they hate Kisa's character. She's meant to be an unsocial XD I kinda hate her too LOL