Day 9 : Awkward

(BxB-Special) Hello Roommates
Please log in to read the full chapter

11 August 2014, 8 AM

The next morning, it was really, really awkward. Mostly among Beast, Doojoon tried to handle everything as they still have practice together and can't skip it anymore as their Beautiful concert is just in few more days. Despite of the hurtful heartbreak yesterday, Hyunseung managed to compose himself and cook the breakfast for all of them. The breakfast was silence and heavy. The kids heard them shouting last night but didn't have a courage to ask that morning. Eunkwang took turned today to bring Taka to his filming set while N sent the other two kids to their classes. Beast left the second later, of course with really heavy tension in the van. Hoon was quite surprise to see their faces that morning but Doojoon reassured him that it will be okay soon.

Sungjae and Hyuk got ready as they got call for the next filming of Hitmaker. The schedule on that recording wasn't fixed and just suddenly popped up whenever they're free. Like actually they're following Jackson of GOT7 schedule as he had a packed schedule for the recent promotion. They notified N as well and N told them he would try to come back faster after sending the kids so they can go together. The rest of the house members were sitting in the living room with an awkwardness from yesterday.

"Do anyone has a way to change the mood, because this is really awkward." Ravi broke the ice, a little bit in frustrated tone. The others looked at him. They sighed.

"The problem we're having here is a feeling matter, Ravi. I don't think we can do anything." Hongbin said. Ravi sighed.

"But we can't stay like this when-"

"Ravi, it's people around." Minhyuk hissed lowly. Ravi sighed and took a breath.

"Okay, great. I don't know anymore." Ravi growled and the TV. The others just realized they didn't bother to turn it on ever since they gathered in the living room after the breakfast. Just then, the staff sent a mission card to them.

"Okay, a mission card..." Ravi mumbled. Ilhoon took it as he's the nearest and read it out.

"Mission 5: Support for Taka. Go to Taka's filming set and show some support for him. If possible, buy food for the staffs." Ilhoon flipped the mission card and smiled. "We can go out and chill our mind off this ridiculous heavy air." Ilhoon said.

"Um, yeah true." Minhyuk nodded.

"Well, sort of like what we do for N hyung and Hongbin, right?" Ravi said while turning to VIXX. They nodded to the maknae.

"I still keep the number for food truck." Ken chimed in. They smiled.

"Cool, is it cheap?" Changseob asked.

"Quite cheap." Ravi answered to that.

"Just call, and let's go get ready then." Hyunsik said. Peniel smiled to them.

"I'm gonna called Eunkwang hyung to ask about the place." They nodded to Peniel.

 

 

Cube Ent.

Beast were leaving alone as Hoon went to settle something. The room filled with dark aura from each members. Doojoon tried to do the best as the leader even though he knew exactly they're facing a serious problem right then. The ridiculous chasing in circle thingy surely affected their teamwork as a group and even the friendship they're having all the years. Doojoon took a breath before starting up, his prep talk after 100% sure they're left alone in the practice room. Doojoon saw them through the mirror.

"Look, guys. I know exactly how hard the truth last night and..." Doojoon darted his eyes away from them and kept staring empty spaces in the mirror. The others were listening to him but avoided any contact with the other members as well. "But you know it well we have a concert in few days...even though I know it's hard but I hope you can go on like usual. At least not to disappoint our Beauty who's coming that day."

They just nodded lifelessly, giving their promise on it. After so many years debuting, they knew exactly how to be professional. A small but so hurtful like yesterday event shouldn't affect their duty for their fans, that's what they always said in the heart for those past years. Doojoon went to start of the first set of practice, the title song Good Luck heard. Doojoon got into his position. Yoseob began his part and lip-synced.

The practice just continued with the next song, Dance With U. Nothing happened and no one made a mistake in the practice. It's just they didn't talk and even the hardened expression along the way. Doojoon knew the awkwardness won't go away and if he didn't step out to make a difference and solution, it will prolong to no one knows how long. He sighed inside, thinking of a way to solve this. He needed a miracle right now, remembering he was in middle of them as well.

Doojoon's thought lost its focus on the practice. His body continued to dance but his mind was away. The yesterday horrible confession of his was still ringing in his mind, Dongwoon's expression hurt him. The punch Hyunseung gave him, the confession from Hyunseung, he bit his lips unconsciously. A loud sighed escaped his lips, making the others halted. Sensing the frozen movement, Doojoon snapped back to the real situation. Everyone was eyeing him for good. Doojoon took a breath, standing straight.

"One minute. I'm not thinking straight." Doojoon said in flat tone and left the room. All of them blinked but didn't utter a word. Hoon came back, a bit startled to see them and even with Doojoon left the room.

"What's wrong?" Hoon asked. They stayed silent. Junhyung took the lead to break the tension.

"It's nothing hyung. It's just everybody is tired so Doojoon gives a minute break." Junhyung tried his best to smile. He was hurt, deeply hurt when Hyunseung kept glancing at the door since Doojoon left. Yoseob on the other side left the room as well, hating the gaze in Junhyung's eyes which kept looking on Hyunseung. Kikwang groaned lowly, went unnoticed by Hoon and continued the dance humming the song by his own. Dongwoon stared at Kikwang.

"Hyung..." Dongwoon called. Kikwang didn't bother. Dongwoon bit his lips. He sighed deeply.

'This is sick. We can't stay like this forever...Beast...won't work in this situation.'

 

 

A filming set

Eunkwang bowed to the staffs and approached Taka. Taka smiled. The elder passed a juice, making Taka beamed brightly. "Gomawo hyung~" Taka thanked him and took the juice gratefully. He sat on the prepared chair and slurped the juice. Eunkwang just smiled. A man came and greeted them. Taka smiled.

"Ajusshi." The man smiled and ruffled Taka's hair. It's the actor played the role as the family's father. The mid-40 man just smiled brightly to Taka. "Want some juice, ajusshi?"

"Ani, kuenchana. You did a great job, Taeil." Taka grinned. He liked the man and even loved the way he called his korean name. Eunkwang just blinked a bit, startled to hear Taka's korean name called by the man. "You're his manager?"

"Ani, Eunkwang hyung isn't Taka's manager, just taking care of Taka for a while. Ajusshi, didn't Taka say Taka's manager is a noona, Nayoung noona?" Taka pouted. The man chuckled.

"Haha, miann." The man was about to say some words but a commotion drew their attention away. Three of them turned. Taka blinked and circled his lips.

"Oh, hyung deul?"

"Here, here. You can have some food for your lunch, don't worry it's all on us. Just eat freely." Ken's voice heard.

"Yes, yes. It's on us. Hope you guys can take care of Taka. Thanks for your hardwork." Minhyuk said.

"Please treat Taka with your kindness, gomawo." It was Peniel.

"Teach him a lot of things too." Changseob smiled to the staffs.

"Look at our Taka kindly, bultakhae." Ken bowed and passed the food. Eunkwang just smiled to see them. He was told beforehand when Peniel called him but he didn't expect to have a food truck there. Taka jumped down the seat and walked to them, followed by Eunkwang and also the man.

"Hyung." Taka called. VIXX and BTOB without N, Sungjae and Hyuk turned. They smiled.

"Auww, it's our child star, Taka. Are you okay? Doing good?" It was Ravi. He stood the closest to Taka. Taka looked at them, he was touched. "Ouh? Taka?"

"Gomawo, hyungs~" Ravi chuckled and ruffled Taka's hair. Taka beamed and blinked his tears away. Eunkwang looked at Minhyuk. Minhyuk just smiled. Eunkwang just chuckled and turned to Taka. The staffs were thanked them for the food.

"Ah, have some, sunbaenim." Ravi bowed to the man behind Eunkwang and handed the food. He just smiled genuinely and took it. Taka smiled and rushed to the others, wanting to help. Ravi helped him to pass the food. Taka was smiling brightly while helping them. The staffs were happy to see the bright Taka.

After finishing give out the food, VIXX and BTOB took a place to sit together and eat. Taka joined them as well. They laughed and asked about Taka's acting. Eunkwang asked about the male lead. Taka said there's no scene with him today and the guy didn't come today. Ilhoon, Ken and Hongbin looked disappointed as they wanted to see him for an autograph. Taka promised them to get it tomorrow. Three sighed because they want to meet him personally. Eunkwang teased them to come with Taka tomorrow.

"I would like too but I have schedule." Ken pouted. Ilhoon sighed.

"Me too."

"I have practice." Hongbin said. Eunkwang chuckled.

"Gee." They chuckled. Eunkwang looked at them. "Where are N, Sungjae and Hyuk?" Eunkwang asked.

"Ouh, they went to a schedule." Hyunsik answered.

"Leo?" Ken stiffened and the others looked at each other.

"Um, well. He...left." Ravi said while rubbing his nape. Eunkwang didn't ask more. Ken bit his lips unconsciously.

 

 

Earlier...

Ken noticed Leo wasn't there. When they're all gathered together getting the mission, Leo wasn't there. Ken bit his lips. 'Should I go and tell him?' Ken clenched and unclenched his fist, pacing in front of Leo's door. Suddenly, the door opened.

"Ken?" Minhyuk called. Ken turned, quite shock. He noticed Leo was sitting on his bed. Minhyuk raised his brow. "Ken?"

"Ah?"

"Why are you here? Already done?" Minhyuk asked. After Peniel contacted Eunkwang and Ravi called the food truck, all of them spread to get ready in their own room.

"Um..just. I'm ready, the other still upstairs." Minhyuk nodded and stepped out. He closed the door, preventing Ken to look at Leo. "Hyung."

"Yes?"

"Leo hyung..."

"Ouh, I told him but he doesn't want to come, he wants to have some practice so- Ken!" Ken's chest rose up and down. Minhyuk knocked the door. "Ken." Minhyuk called. Ken bit his lips.

"I'm sorry hyung. Just for a while." Ken said. He pushed Minhyuk a bit just now and just barged into the room. Minhyuk stopped and walked away from the door after a while. Ken bit his lips and turned. Leo was sitting straight on his bed, staring at Ken. Ken looked at him. "Leo hyung."

"Why are you here?"

"Don't run away." Ken said. Leo stared at him.

"What-"

"I don't want you to run away, avoiding me." Ken said softly. He stared at Leo. Leo stunned. "I'm facing the fact to let go off you, hyung. I'm trying hard, so please don't run away." Leo wrinkled.

"Jaehwan ah."

"If you're avoiding me like this, it's a bit hurtful, hyung. I..I never ask this to happen. Avoiding me won't help, it just makes me feel worst. You're not just avoid me hyung, but-"

"Stop it Ken. I don't avoid you."

"Yes, you're." Leo stiffened. Ken sighed. "You're avoiding me hyung. Please, you make me more suffer if you're running away. Just let me face the truth. Let me feel the last pain of loving you so I can let you go fully, without looking back. Without any feeling left, so I can completely for-"

"I said stop it, Lee Jaehwan!" Leo growled and stood up. Ken stiffened. Leo glared at Ken with angry eyes. Leo snarled and grabbed his jacket with his wallet. Ken was still stiffened there. Leo walked towards him, to the door. With a last gaze, Leo swung the door opened, revealing the worried Ravi and Hongbin, together with Minhyuk. Leo walked passing them and left the house. Ken blinked, turning to the main door when it was shut off.

"Taekwoon hyung."

"Ken hyung, what's happening? Kuenchana?" Hongbin asked, softly placing a hand on Ken's shoulder. Ken bit his lips, he sighed. Turning to Hongbin, he smiled softly.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry, Leo hyung must be mad at me again...I ruin the mood, isn't it? Miann." Ken said and apologized. Ravi looked at the elder. He wrinkled a bit before sighed lowly.

 

 

JellyFish Ent.

Leo pushed the door opened. At last, he arrived here. After leaving Heaven, he walk

Please log in to read the full chapter