Who is she?

Goodbye Summer

'Yoohoo!' We get off the bus and arrive at the resort that we are staying in for the coming five days. People's cheering show their anticipation of the music camp. The first thing we see upon arrival is the sea. Breeze gently kisses my cheek and seagulls twirling in the air seem to be welcoming us. I take a deep breath.


It's the scent of summer.

Everyone starts to carry their luggage from the bus. People hold their beloved instruments and bags and walk towards the resort. Some people bring cello, oboe and many kinds of music instruments. Min carries her flute while Chanyeol takes his guitar as always. I must admit that I haven't seen him wearing casual clothes before. As I only meet him at school, school uniform is the only outfit I see. Chanyeol is extremely gorgeous even with causal wear and a baseball hat. His sunglasses slide down momentarily and quickly he pushes them up.
My eyes are fixed at him.

To be honest, I'm sure that Chanyeol doesn't know who I am or i should better say that Chanyeol may not even have noticed me. That's because I am short and unattractive. The height of 160cm compares to the giant is just nothing. I'm always buried in the group of his tall fangirls. Despite being in this music camp, I'm sure that I'm barely noticeable.
I sigh.


Music camp is fun. We have camp fire at night and jam music with the accompany of songs of cicadas. Chanyeol is always the one who plays the guitar and build up the mood. But apart from the bonfire which gathers us together, we hang out separately at other time. Boys do water sports while girls wearing y bikinis do sunbathing under the burning sun.

I'm not that kind of outgoing girl who hang out all the time. Since Min has gone out for swimming, I lazily sit on the couch of the common room and read my book. Sunlight drifts inside the room as if it wants to read also. I beam as I love the warmth that it gives.

I hear the footsteps outside and it seems like someone is approaching the room. But as long as he doesn't yell and cheer and ruin my good mood of reading, I don't care who he is. My instinct is right, someone enters the room. I peek at him but to my surprise, it's the giant who comes in. I force myself not to freak out although my pulse quickens as I see him. I pretend to be uninterested and continue to read but in fact I glance at Chanyeol shyly every two seconds. Of course he doesn't notice me. Sitting next to the window, he puts on his headphones and starts to swing probably along with the music he's listening to. With no surprise, he takes out his beloved guitar and starts to play a melody. The tune played by his fingers melts my heart and I soon recognize that he's playing 'I'm in Love' by Narsha.

I forget when I am absorbed in the music but I just start humming and later singing the song. I look at Chanyeol who closes his eyes, enjoying his music. It seems like he can't hear that I'm singing. I sigh a relief as it's too embarrassing to show my awkward voice to my crush.

The vintage clock on the wall tinkles the bell four times as it's four o'clock already. I realise I have stayed in the common room long enough and it's time to have a walk and enjoy the breeze outside. Chanyeol is still playing his guitar but I don't know the name of the song.
I turn around and glance at him for the last time before leaving the room.

'Although the time being with you is transient, nice to meet you, Chanyeol.' I thought in my heart.


[Chanyeol's POV]
I remove my headphones soon after the girl has gone. Her voice...her voice is stunning. When I was playing the song, I heard a sweet voice humming so I kept searching for the source of the melody and I found her, a tiny figure sitting on the couch, reading her book. She must have thought that I was covered by headphones so I couldn't hear her singing but in fact my headphone was unplugged. Wearing the headphone is just my practice when I play the guitar alone.

Who is she? She looks so familiar but I don't know her.


Who is she?