Four

Enthral of De' Amor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “And you’re vampire’s daughter.” He spoke. I backed off and shook my head several times. It can’t be happening. It’s not true. I chanted the words in my mind.

                “You’re lying right?” I faked a laugh. “There’s no such thing in this world.” I uttered. This is ridiculous .

                “That’s why I wanted to hide this truth from you…but since you wanted to know…” he sighed deeply. “I told you, you need to believe and it’s not a joke.”

                “But…it’s totally ridiculous!!!” I screamed heartily. I stood up and took off the stupid Vermogen; threw it on table. “Stop talking .” I said and huffed to upstairs.

I curled my body on bed and wrapped myself with blanket. That’s when I realized, I should die instead of my mom. My life was happy and enjoyable—but it turned otherwise on my 18th birthday. It was ing my birthday. I was hospitalized—and my mom was found dead. It was all happened when I was supposed to hang out with friends, goes for shopping and—fall in love. But—suddenly I became a vampire’s daughter? . I cursed.

                “Emily, this is me.” I heard Taehyung spoke. He knocked my door several times, but I choose to ignore him. Lyn—I thought about her.

I took phone on charger and quickly tapped on Lyn’s number. I waited for her to pick up but there was no answer. I felt weird because Lyn never turned down my calls. I called her back and finally she answered it.

                “What?” she asked with monotone.

I was taken aback with her words and felt hurt. When I came to realize it, she never came—to visit me in hospital and the funeral. I shook my head—trying to think positively.

                “What are you doing? I’ve messed up. Let’s grab a drink.” I chirped happily. Trying to sound happy—actually.

                “I’m busy.” She said.

                “What are you doing? You never come to see me. I guess you’re really busy.” I faked a laugh.

                “Listen Emily. Please come to your sense. Didn’t I show you enough?”

                “Wh...what are you saying?” I asked, stuttering.

                “I don’t want to be friends with you anymore.” She said.

                “But why?”

                “Because I’m better off without you.”

                “Lyn—I thought we were friends.”

                “We.Were.” she said; emphasizing the word were. “Well, it’s in past tense.”

                “I thought—” I sighed. Why is Lyn behaved like this? I questioned myself.

She laughed sarcastically and said, “Bye. I hope we won’t see each other again.” And she hung up. I stared at my phone confusedly and tears quickly formed in my eyes. Why did she change? We’ve been completely best friends for many years.

                “Emily?” It was Taehyung again. I heard he turned the doorknob and walked towards me. The tears that I’ve been holding just now flowed down as soon as he approached me.

I was utterly alone now. I had no friends.

                “Hey, why are you crying?” he asked. “What’s wrong?”

                “I want to die.” I muttered in his chest. He looked at me with concern and patted my back. Even though I hate him, but he was the only one who would stay by my side. For the first time in my life, I was glad that I had Taehyung. I felt like he was the one who can answer my questions now.

                “Should I believe grandpa?”

                “Yes, you should. You want to know, now you know the truth—you have to believe it.”

                “My father was vampire?”

                “Yes he is. And it makes you’re half-blood vampire.”

                “I’m a vampire now?”

                “Yes, you are.”

                “Tae—should I die?” I asked him.

                “No, you have a long journey ahead, and you’re not alone. You have me.” He assured me; emphasizing the word one by one.

                “I think I should die now. No one loves me. Plus—I might cause other’s death because I’m a vampire now.”

Taehyung smiled at me and cupped my face. “But, I do.” He paused. “I do even though you’re vampire or undead or witch I don’t care.”

I didn’t know what possessed me but I leaned closer to him and kissed him on lips, it was comforting—like my life was brightened again. The kiss lasted for couple seconds before he pushed me gently. I looked at him—and he looked terrified.

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter