Chapter 4

Not My Style

Myungsoo was naping on the couch when the bell rang.

Ringgg..., ringgg..., ringgg... Aish! Seriously... just when I finally can sleep. He lazily dragged himself along with a bamboo pillow he was hugging to the door.

Myungsoo slowly punched the password and froze when Minhyuk's face showed up on the other side of the door.

"Oh annyeonghaseyo! Your parents agreed to let us live with you until we can find another place..." Minhyuk excitedly said before pausing, taken back by Myungsoo's sleepy face and messy hair. Both stared at each other for a while until Minhyuk could no longer hold back his laughter. This is Myungsoo's house?!

"Shut up! Who said so! What are you... Oh annyeonghaseyo, please come in," Myungsoo flusteredly said when the Kangs stepped out from their car, following Minhyuk. He gave Minhyuk a glare before closing the door.

"I'm so sorry this is so sudden, I thought your parents have informed you about our situation, well I guess they didn't. I'm so sorry for not letting you know before hand," Mr. Kang politely said to Myungsoo, whose eyes was on Minhyuk's silly smiling face, disgusted and frustrated.

"It's okay. Just make yourselves at home... but will you two be staying here also?" Myungsoo said uncomfortably.

"Oh, no we'll be at work til twelve, so we won't be home often," Mrs. Kang quickly replied, not wanting to make the kid feel bad.


"Hey, just because you're sharing a room with me doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. This is my house and my room, don't touch anything that's not yours. Plus, don't you dare tell anyone about this, it's already bad enough with you in my life, if you tell anyone about us living together, even I can't guarantee what I'll do, got it?" Myungsoo said as soon as the two settled in their room. Annoyed, he went back to sleep, leaving Minhyuk to unpack by himself. Geez, it's not like I like anyway, you took Krystal. 

That night Minhyuk couldn't sleep. He was laying on a blanket on the ground while Myungsoo slept soundlessly on the bed. Of course it couldn't be the other way, but it's not the sleeping condition that bothered Minhyuk, it's the fact that he's now living with his "love rival."


"Listen, I will show you once and once only the way to the school. Mark the way or something, but if you get lost next time, not my responsibility. Ugh! It's already bad enough that I can't go in a car. Why am I so nice to you anyway?" Myungsoo said to Minhyuk the following morning after breakfast.

Myungsoo's house was closer to Jeguk, hence walking only took about fifteen minutes. On the way to school, Minhyuk chatted on about how he met Krystal.

"Hey, is she nice? I know she's really rich, but are you as rich as her? She's trying out for volleyball right? I'm also going to try out for volleyball, are you? Aish, I don't know but Krystal's just so attractive..." Minhyuk blabbed on nonstop.

When Myungsoo stopped abruptly, Minhyuk glanced over, scratched his head, and paused also. Myungsoo then continued walking. Aigoo, I can't even walk in front of him.


The two finally made it the driveway of Jeguk when Myungsoo said, "Wait here for ten minutes, then you can come in. I don't want anyone seeing us together."

Eight minutes later Minhyk slowly dragged himself to the school. He won't be pissed that I came in two minutes early right?

Just then a black car pulled in the drive way and Krystal stepped out. Minhyuk's gloomy mood changed immediately, though she didn't even give him a glance.

Minhyuk pulled out a lolipop right away and chased after her all the way to their first period class and to Krystal's seat.

When Krystal continued to ignore him, Minhyuk placed the lolipop on her desk and went to his seat. Moments later, Myungsoo came in the door. When he was nearing his seat, Krystal jumped up and gave him a hug.

Why is this happening to me? Minhyuk thought to himself. Myungsoo, undoubtedly, caught his jealous look.

Because I'm handsome and you're not, accept it. Myungsoo gave him a look behind Krystal's back.

Krystal can like me too! You're handsome but I'm cute! Minhyuk crossed his arms in front of his chest and put his head on the desk.

Myungsoo smirked teasingly.

"Did you miss me?" Krystal finally said, breaking from the hug.

"Sure, I thought about you all day after a guest came to my house yesterday," Myungsoo replied.

Is he talking about me?! Krystal-ah, I always think about you, too. More than him, I think.

Krystal smiled widely, "Ah! Tomorrow's already the sport tryout. You're going with me right?"

"Of course, we might get to be in the same team," Myungsoo replied with a smile.

Ahh~ what is this... Krystal-ah, I'm also going to tryout for volleyball, we might be on the same team.

The bell signaling first period rang, causing Myungsoo to scramble to his seat. 

Minhyuk lowered his eyes and bit his lips, it was uncomfortable to see Krystal so happy with Myungsoo. The day passed quickly, since Minhyuk's mind was always blank.


"Minhyuk-ah, want to go to the park to practice for tomorrow's sport tryout with me?" Chen asked Minhyuk when the sixth period bell rang.

"I think I need to go home today, sorry, Chen. You can go practice with Jonghyun or something," Minhyuk blankly replied.

"Fine, text me okay?"

The two said their goodbyes and Minhyuk was one block away from the school when he remembered about Myungsoo's house.

Ah! Today was such a bad day.


"What took you so long to just get back here," Myungsoo said to Minhyuk coolly at the door about fifteen minutes after he got home.

"Just... I forgot I moved to your house," Minhyuk blankly replied.

"At least you remembered the way to my house, pretty good. Are you... by any chance, mad at me?" Myungsoo teasingly said.

Minhyuk didn't bothered to say anything back, and stomped to his room, or rather, Myungsoo's room. Myungsoo laughed after him, He's jealous.

Myungsoo grabbed some snacks from the kitchen and headed up to his room. Just when he got on his bed, Minhyuk sprang up after him.

"Yah! What are you doing, get off my bed!! Ugh! I've never let anyone on my bed in my entire life," Myungsoo annoyingly complained as he pushed Minhyuk off.

"You have Krystal's number right? Can I have her number?" Minhyuk said as nicely as he could.

"No, I can't betray her."

"How's that betraying? I promise I won't prank call or anything. Please! Please, come on."

"A no is a no," Myungsoo curtly said as he ripped open one of his chip bags.

Just then, Minhyuk grabbed Myungsoo's cellphone, which was lying on the bed at Myungsoo's feet.

"Heyy! Give it back!" Myungsoo screamed at Minhyuk as he got up from the bed and started chasing after Minhyuk. Minhyuk managed to open the contacts page during the process of dodging Myungsoo along the way to the living room.

Minhyuk was not looking at where he was going since his eyes were fixed on the cellphone, trying to find Krystal's name in the contacts list. Suddenly he tripped and fell on his back onto the sofa. Myungsoo, who was chasing after him for the phone, fell forward on top of him. Myungsoo then instinctively held himself up with his arms, not wanting to touch Minhyuk, and the two stared at each other.

Right at that moment, the front door opened and Krystal came in.

"Myungsoo-ah! Look, I brought..." Krystal's eyeballs were popping out at the sight of Myungsoo and Minhyuk. Crap, I forgot that Krystal knows the password to my house.

"What is this... what are you guys... AHH!!!" Krystal screamed and ran out of the house.

"Krystal wait! Let me explain!" Myungsoo scrambled out after her.

Minhyuk took the opportunity to scroll through Myungsoo's contacts and finally found Krystal's name. Yay, got her number.

 

 

I'm so sorry Chapter 4 took so long. Hope you like the story so far! 

              

Minhyuk jelly of me.

      You guys living together.