Chapter 2

Not My Style

Krystal was laying on her bed, frustrated about the missing love letter for Myungsoo. 

"I probably dropped it when I bumped into that dude. Seriously! Tomorrow is supposed to be the day," she kicked the air and her matress to let out her anger. That night, Krystal couldn't sleep, her mind was busy with thinking of a plan B for her confession tomorrow. Should I make a new letter right now? Should I just say it verbally? Will he reject me? She had been having a crush on Myungsoo since last year, and had tried everyway to get closer him. Now that they're friends, Krystal felt the need to confess first, knowing Myungsoo's absolutely not the type to go after a girl. He was a rich boy with good looks and good grades, the famous "lady's man" of Jeguk high. However, Krystal was confident in herself. After all, her parents were the main sponsors of the school and there was no denying that she also have good looks and good grades. I'm a perfect match for him!


Morning came quickly, and Krystal was on her way to school in a sleek black car like usual when she recieved a call from Yoona.

"Yeobseyo? Yoona? Sure, I guess. But can I bring Myungsoo with me? That's not it, I'm planing to confess today. Ok see you later!" Krystal said into her phone. They were planning a meetup afterschool to prepare for the upcomming sport tryouts.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo was sitting on a bench under a tree near the corner of the entrance texting on his phone when Krystal's car pulled in the driveway of Jeguk's gate. Taking a deep breath, Krystal approached him with an elegant walk. She sat down next to him on the bench, and Myungsoo's attention shifted from his phone to her face.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, unsurprised.

"Myungsoo-ah, let's go out," Krystal confidently and naturally. For a moment, there were mixed feelings shown on Myungsoo's face. His expression was somewhere between relieved, shocked, and uncomfortable.

"Krystal, I..." he started to say when a another figure appeared before them. It was Minhyuk.

"You're Krystal, right? We met yesterday, I was about to give you this but you just walked away. So here, sorry I couldn't find you yesterday," Minhyuk said to Krystal, whose jaw was hanging open as she stared at Minhyuk.

She glanced at Myungsoo before saying, "Yah! What do you think you're doing?! Go away!" Minhyuk was hurt, I thought I was doing her a good deed, and she's yelling at me? Didn't she drop this yesterday... I thought she would want it back.

"Oh, is this person Myungsoo by any chance?" Minhyuk asked her, glancing at Myungsoo, who was rising from the bench.

"Krystal-ah, I'll get going first, see you later," he said to Krystal uncomfortably.

She stood up abruptly, "Wait! Don't go! Will you have lunch with me and come with me afterschool to a meetup? Yah! You haven't given me an answer!" Krystal yelled after him in vain, but Myungsoo just waved back with a cold expression, eyeing Minhyuk up and down for the last time before jogging into the campus.

Krystal turned to Minhyuk with a glare, "No! Why are you doing this to me?! What if he stops talking to me? You're so annoying! If it wasn't for you, I could've just given this to him instead of baring this embarrassment!! How dare you ruin my confession!" she screamed, snatching the love letter, which Minhyuk was holding out with both hands.

What's wrong with him? Judging from his appearance, he's absolutely not normal.

"Joesonghabnida, if you're angry, I'm really sorry. I didn't know you were confessing to him. So he's Myungsoo? I just thought you would be happy to get it back," Minhyuk said heartbrokenly. 

He reached in his pocket and took out a lollipop, "Do you want this? I want to make up for the love letter. Please accept it!"

Krystal's facial expression was full of annoyance and frustration, "Go away! What if someone sees me talking to you!" She then pushed him out of her way and stomped away. Minhyuk studdered back and dropped the lolipop. Is she that angry with me? But still, she looks so beautiful when she's mad.

Just when he was about to bend down to pick up the lollipop, another hand grabbed it before he could have a chance.

"Hey I'm Kim Woobin. You're the transfer kid right?" The stranger said, danger clearly shown in his voice.

"Nae! I'm Kang Minhyuk."

"Join me at lunch, will you?"

"S-sure, but why would you want to eat with me? Who are you, do I know you?"

"Heol, you still haven't caught on, how can you not know the famous Kim Woobin? I'm the king of this school, dude. Everyone knows me, so it should be an honor to sit with me. And why? I guess because I think you're cute," Woobin responded with a wink and disappeared.

Woa, he's cool. Did he really think I'm cute? Why can't Krystal feel the same way?


Lunch time came, and for the first time, Krystal didn't feel hungry. Her mind was full of Myungsoo. As soon as class ended, she went looking for him, hoping to get an answer. Krystal decided to go to her locker first to drop off her books, thinking she might find Myungsoo there anyway.

Something caught her eye as she was nearing her locker. A lollipop was on stuck on her locker with a note: "Please forgive me. Let's be friends."

"Heol, is it that weirdo? Seriously!" Krystal took the lollipop down and tossed it in a trashcan nearby. But come to think of it, how did he know this is my locker? Did he stalk me?!

Just then, Myungsoo showed up at her locker, "Why do you look so mad? Is it because of me?"

"Anniyo! It's just that some weirdo pissed me off," Krystal said to him.

"Is it that guy from earlier?"

"Myungsoo-ah, don't mistunderstand. We don't know each other, it's my first, wait, actually second time seeing him."

"But I remember this morning he was giving you a love letter," Myungsoo said with a teasing smile.

"It wasn't for me!~ That was my love letter for you. I bumped into him yesterday and probably dropped it there," Krystal said, happy that Myungsoo actually cared.

"Anyway, want to go get lunch together? And you said something earlier about a meetup afterschool..." Myungsoo suggested with a soft laughter.


When they came to the cafeteria, Krystal noticed the whole room's attention was on the table at the center. There sat Woobin, his two friends, and across from him, Minhyuk.

"What are you doing? Eat," Woobin said loudly, scaring Minhyuk. Minhyuk had finally understood the situation. I'm being picked on.

He slowly picked up his spoon and scooped up a small amount of rice from the plate in front of him. Just then, Woobin kicked the table hard, causing the whole plate of food to spill onto Minhyuk. The whole cafeteria gasped, though they were all used to the sight, knowing Kim Woobin was the school's icon of bully. He then signaled one of his friends, In Ha, to spill the prepared cup of water on Minhyuk.

"Oh, sorry, my hand slipped," In Ha said sarcasticly. Then Woobin and his friends left the room.

After their departure, everyone resumed their activities. Chen then came to Minhyuk and helped him clean up. 

"Why don't we eat now?" Krystal said to Myungsoo as they passed by Minhyuk and Chen.

Minhyuk looked up at her, smiling, but she just continued walking without giving him a glance. After getting food, Krystal and Myungsoo found themselves a seat at Yoona's table with some other girl-friends. They were talking about where to go afterschool when Yoona suddenly whispered to Krystal, "I think that guy over there is staring at you." Krystal turned to look at her direction. The "guy" she was talking about was unsurprisingly Minhyuk, whose clothes and face were all dirty.

Krystal sighed and rolled her eyes, "Who cares about him."

 

 

Thanks for reading!! Hope you like Chapter 2, please give me feedback <33. 

Minhyuk ruined my confession, wae!!