Chapter 3

Not My Style

A week have passed since the first day of school. Things were pretty much the same with Woobin; and everyday, Minhyuk would put a lolipop on Krystal's locker.

Next week would be the beginning of sport tryouts, and thanks to Chen, Minhyuk found out that Krystal was trying out for volleyball. Minhyuk recently had a schedule change, and coincidentally, Krystal was in his first and fourth period class. Which made him extremely happy. Furthermore, his seat in first period class was only one away from Krystal, however, to his left was Myungsoo's seat, which was the seat right behind Krystal's. Throughout the week, he have seen Jonghyun several times, however, to his surprise, Jonghyun avoided him everytime. It was strange enough for him to act like they're strangers, but Minhyuk once saw him with Woobin, too. 


It was Monday of the second week, and Minhyuk have decided to come a little early today again, just because he woke up before the alarm. He was carrying a huge pile books that was supposely for homework to his locker when a foot stuck out before him and Minhyuk slammed his face to the ground. The pile of books scattered out in the hallway. Woobin, followed closely by Inha and Majoon, bent down, picked up some of the books and tossed it at Minhyuk.

"Why are you so careless?," Woobin mocked before calmly walking away, stepping over Minhyuk's books. Knowing that he can't do anything, Minhyuk slowly got up, fixed his glasses, rubbed his cheeks, and started crawling to pile up his books. Just then, he heard footsteps coming from behind and sighed, knowly that he would be mocked again. To his surprise, Krystal walked past him to her locker, which was not far ahead. She glanced back at the pile of books and Minhyuk's smiling face before turning around and continued to her locker.

"Krystal, wait," Minhyuk called after her.

"I'm not going to help you, so don't even dream about it," Krystal replied curtly.

"Anniyo, I just want to give this to you," Minhyuk said with joy as he digged into his backpack and took out yet another lolipop.

"Oh my gosh! When are you going to stop!" Krystal said, snatching the lolipop for the very first time, with a glare. Minhyuk was like on cloud nine the moment she accepted his lolipop. And he didn't want to hide his feeling.

"See you later in class! You're so beautiful, annyeong!!" Minhyuk joyfully said as he scooped up his books and headed out to class.

Psh! At least he knows I'm pretty.


Ringg! The first period bell rang as the students scrambled to their seats. Minhyuk was already in his seat, staring at Krystal's empty one.

Moments later, Krystal came running in.

"Joesonghapnida teacher, I'm late," she apologized quickly before heading to her seat. Myungsoo smiled and waved at her, and Krystal winked back at him. Minhyuk attempted to  smile with all teeth and waved at her with two hands, however she just acted like he was invisible.

What? Minhyuk heaved a wail inside his head, guess we can't be friends yet.

Throughout the whole fifty or so minutes of class, Minhyuk's attention was on Krystal. Her every movement made him smile, and he was just thinking how lucky it would be to be her boyfriend.

While scribling down random notes and doodling, his only pencil broke. Minhyuk turned to Myungsoo, who was the only one he know that sat close to him other than Krystal, "Umm, excuse me, can you lend me a pencil?" he softly whispered. When no answer came, Minhyuk held out his pencil to show Myngsoo, "My pencil broke." 

Myungsoo didn't even turn to look and continued to ignore him. Mwoya? He's such a meanie, not helping someone in need, Minhyuk pouted.

Without a choice, Minhyuk turned to Krystal, "Can I borrow your pencil? My pen-..."

"No," Krystal whispered curtly before Minhyuk can finish.

Disappointed, he sank low in his chair and wore a pout face for the rest of the period, glancing at Krystal and sometimes Myungsoo every five seconds.


Minhyuk followed Krystal around whenever he saw her. And everytime she glanced back, he smiled widely and made a heart shape with his hands. Even at lunch, he would watch her from a distance, and do the same thing whenever she looked in his direction. 

The day passed quickly and Minhyuk was on his way home. Once he pulled open the door, his uncle came out from the kitchen to greet him, which was extremely unusual.

"Uncle! Did you get out early from work today?" Minhyuk said as he took off his shoes and followed his uncle to the kitchen, where his aunt also sat.

"Minhyuk-ah, how's school? Did you have a hard time fitting in?" Mr. Kang said warmly,  smoothing Minhyuk's messy hair.

"It's good! I met Krystal, she's really beautiful," Minhyuk said.

"Sit down," his uncle said as he pulled Minhyuk a chair, "I'm sorry this is so sudden. But I just got a notice that our house was sold on auction, and we need to move out within this week. By this Friday to be exact," Mr. Kang said, avoiding eye contact with Minhyuk.

"It's okay uncle, as long as it works out for you two. But have you found a new place yet?" Minhyuk said.

"Actually, yes I did. A friend of mine offered to share us his house. So we'll be staying there until I find a new place. He has a son your age who also goes to Jeguk high, so you should have a new friend," Mr. Kang assured the family.

"Ok, I'll start packing then."

 

Thank you for your time. I hope you like the story so far!! I'll work hard on chapter 4 and update it asap

Chapter 4 sneak peak: Moving means new relationships. Guess whose house is Minhyuk moving into?