Chapter 1

Not My Style

Minhyuk was a carefree sixteen-year-old boy with no close relationships. The only person who slightly cared about him was his hyung, Kang Minho (I changed his last name to match Minhyuk's), though they were half-a-world apart. Their parents had died when they were young, leaving them in their aunt and uncle's care. Their aunt didn't like Minhyuk very much, mostly because of his looks; she thought he didn't meet her expectations for physical appearance. After finishing college, Minho followed his dream and moved to New York to build his own company, and eventually obtained fame. The Kangs were now responsible of Minhyuk until he can live on his own. Minhyuk, unlike his hyung, is a cheerful kid with no definite passion for anything; he just lived doing what he enjoyed. He attended an average school where most of his friends were. Life for Minhyuk was pretty much in a continously routine with no real fun.

One day, though, Minhyuk received a call from Minho, "Minhyuk-ah, I sent a recomdendation letter for you to Jeguk high. They said they'll accept you, so start going there this year. That's it, bye."

It was too sudden. Minhyuk have gotten used to his lifestyle, and now everything would be different. 


Summer went by like the blink of an eye, and it was already the first day of school. At exactly six in the morning, an alarm went off. Fifteen minutes, Minhyuk had constructed a mountain of clothes in his closet.

"Minhyuk! What are you doing, get down for breakfast this instant!" Mrs. Kang screetched from the kitchen. 

"Nae, I'm almost done!" Minhyuk frantically put on an outfit that was lying on top of the pile and his backpack, then headed to the kitchen. As he was dashing out, Bam! Minhyuk's slammed on the wooden floor of the small building as his feet skidded in front of him.

"Ouch..." he groaned.

Mrs. Kang sighed, "Already so clumsy on the first day of school."


The thirty-minute walk to Jeguk high was anything but exciting. Minhyuk fast-walked the whole route, but time didn't go any faster nor did the route got any shorter. When arrived at the huge school campus, sights of high schoolers accompanied by their chauffeurs shocked him. Without time to pity himself, Minhyuk started wandering around the campus. Everywhere he went, people eyed him from head to toe with disgusted looks, some girls even giggled.

Is there anything wrong with me? Why are they staring at me like that... is it because I'm cute? Still clueless of the situation, Minhyuk cheerfully smiled and waved back at the staring passerbys. Suddenly, he felt someone tackling him from behind and heard joking laughter.

"Yah~ how come you didn't tell me you're going here?" Chen said.

"Chen chen chen! I wasn't planning to, Minho hyung just somehow got me in," Minhyuk replied, glad to run into someone he knew. Chen, the best known troll of the school, had been friends with Minhyuk and Jonghyun since junior high.

"What's your first period?" Chen asked.

"Literature Ms. Yoon. What room is it in?

"Room 23, go straight and turn left, it'll be on your right."


Minhyuk went there as told, and spotted the tiny "23" on a gray door on his right. He pulled the door and stepped into the classroom to find everyone already seated. Again, all eyes examined him from head to toe.

"Are you new? What's your name?" the teacher asked when Minhyuk entered.

"Oh, I'm Kang Minhyuk. I'm a transfer student."

"I don't think you're in the right classroom, what's your first period?"

"It's literature class with Ms. Yoon."

"That's in room 32, did you mix up the room number? Well, just go to room 32, you know where to go right?" Series of laughter and giggles erupted from the students.

"Jinjja? Oh, well ok. Wait, actually, I don't know where room 32 is," Minhyuk innocently replied. More giggles.

Agh, seriously, it's Chen again. It's in his blood to troll.

Minhyuk finally made his way to room 32, getting lost twice from the confusing directions. His short-termed memory didn't help matters...

After first period, the third bell rang, signaling the first break time. Students poured out from classrooms, and the empty hallway was soon filled with various noises like lockers slamming, yelling, laughing, fighting, and talking. Minhyuk kept his head down and stayed close to the wall. Just when he was rounding a corner, his forehead was slammed into someone walking ahead. Everything became a blur as Minhyuk felt his glasses slip and drop. As he felt around his feet for the glasses, something else came in reach. When he successfully got his glasses back on, Minhyuk picked up the small envelope from the girl he bumped into. He was about to return it to her when...

 Wah, yepuda~

In that moment, the girl had already turned and walked away. "Oh wait! You forgot your envelope..." Minhyuk called out in vain. He looked down at the envelope she had dropped.

What's up with all these hearts on here? He flipped it over and read the words, "From Krystal <3 To Myungsoo."

A love letter from Krystal to Myungsoo? Krystal must be the pretty girl, but who's Myungsoo? Is he as cute as me? Although it was my first time seeing her, I feel like I'm in love. Minhyuk sighed, tucked the envelope into his backpack, and dragged himself to second period.

 

Hope you guys enjoyed it so far! Thanks so much for your time, I'll work hard on Chapter 2 and hopefully update it tomorrow. Have a nice day <33.

did you like it?

Myungsoo and Woobin will come out next chapter.

Thank you lastingturtle for the editing!!