First

A Dream Comes True

You pushed your glasses upwards when it slided to the bridge of your nose as you holded tightly to your books with your other hand on the bag strap. Yes. This was you. The school nerd but so far no one dares to mess up with you and approach you because of your status. It was not like you didn't want friends, but your appearance especially and your status seemed to scare people off. You were on your way to your class even though it was still early but like your normal days, you usually read books in your class while waiting. You hated wasting your time like other people who always hang out at the café and do other useless stuffs as if they were smart enough to ditch their lessons. But you didn't mind when someone does that. Jung Daehyun.

You approved everything he does. Like, you didn't mind him ditching his classes since he was that smart himself. He was quite athletic and muscular too which made everything perfectly perfect.

On your way to class, you could see him and his friends in front of the class, laughing. You sighed. Just listen how beautiful his laugh was. You could listen to that sweet laugh every single day even when you were sleeping and you will never get bored. This sounded creepy but sigh what can you do? You liked him too much. You found yourself smiling at the sounds of his laughs but your smile faded away once you heard the popular girls at school were laughing along with him. How you wish you could join.

Sending them the last stare, you walked away and got into the class quietly. But without your knowing, someone was staring at you all the time and secretly admiring you who were reading the books, unaware of that someone. The mysterious someone bad a farewell to his friends and walked into the class, joining you.

 


 

School went well except that you can felt someone staring at you but you didn't dare to look up. You didn't know if was it just you or you kept seeing Daehyun stealing glances at you and when you caught him doing it, he just smiled before quickly look away. Strange.

Even you came from a wealthy family, you hated receiving attentions. So, instead of having your chaffeur to fetch you up from school, you chose to walk home instead despite your parents insisting walking home alone was too dangerous for a girl like you. But you didn't mind though. You always have a pepper spray in your bag just in case. 

You walked, walked and walked but stopped when you heard someone's footsteps behind you. You turned around just to see your crush with his hands in his pockets, staring down at his feet. You tilted your head a bit and looked at him weirdly which made him looks up. You could've sworn you saw him pinking but decided to shrug it off.

"U-um hey..?" You squeaked

He looked away and took a deep breath before saying, "H-hey"

You shyly pushed your glasses upwards again for the thounsandth time today and awkwardness thicken in the air, making both of you blushing.

"I-I guess I will get going..yeah" You mumbled, about to turn around and walk away but what Daehyun said after that caused you to stop and your eyes to become wide open.

"Mind if I walk you home?" 

"W-what are y-you talking about..? Walk me home....?" You stuttered.

"Yeah, if you don't mind.." His voice suddenly became a small squeak when he lost his confidence. He thought you will decline his offer.

"S-su-sure! If you insist to" You finally said it. Daehyun looked at you in disbelief but flashed you his famous smile and you blushed, mentally squealing at how charming his smile was. He jogged towards you and you both started walking together. You can't believe what was happening right now. You were walking with your crush. How shall you react?! You didn't want to act stupid in front him since the chance doesn't come always but you were too excited.

"We never talk right?" Daehyun started.

"We did. Once. In freshman year" You didn't mean to sound cold but you made it sounds like that. You sighed quietly.

"O-oh" was all his answer.

Not realizing the time flew by so fast, you finally reached your house. And thanks to Daehyun, you safely arrived and feeling safe after a long time. He waved you a goodbye and walked away as he smiled along with his eyes. You waved back, blushing and you hoped he didn't see you pinking earlier. You bet you did a lot of times when you walked with him but shove off those feelings again.

You then got into your house with a tingling feelings.

 


 

Your parents were already home by the time you arrived (with daehyun) and they gave you a weird stare when they saw you smiling like an idiot. They didn't mind it at all as they thought you have a good day today.

"You look happy, Sara. This is rare" Your mother spoke as she looked at you with curious eyes. You felt like she was digging out your mind with her eyes.

"My crush walked me home today!" You muttered shyly.

"Oh that Daehyun guy? That's nice! You finally make a move uh?" Your father flashed his smile which still looked as handsome as before when he was young. The kind of smile that once melted girls away. Lucky enough for your mother to be able to have your father when other girls were busy begging to get noticed. How you wish you could be like that too.

"D-dad! He wanted to walk me home..so...."

"He likes you, I can guarantee" Your mother said again.

"Why would he likes a girl like me, mom? I'm just an average girl who he will never give a glance."

"Are you sure? Then why did he send you home if you think he's not interested in you?" Your mother continued. Your father just kept his mouth shut, not wanting to interrupt the girls talk.

"He was just being nice. You know he's really a good kid right?" You insisted since you didn't want to get your hopes too high of Daehyun having a crush on you too. It sounded too impossible to happen.

"If you said so, Sara" Your mother finally gave up as she knew how stubborn you could be once in awhile. It's better to give up than continue the small arguement before it becomes bigger. Fighting with you was the last thing your mom wanted to do. She let out a sigh as she watched you walking upstairs with a heavy heart. She and your father knew how good Daehyun was, how kind he could be, how polite he was. Both of them approve Daehyun if he wanted to be with you, though. And they were aware of the fact that Daehyun probably develop his feelings for you.

Your mother and father looked at each other and a sigh escaped from their lips.

 


 

First chapter yay! What do you think? Drop some comments ^o^