Unexpectedly

Caramel Macchiato
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hello - teen top

 

L.Joe placed the boxes of pizza on the counter and glared at the person who first opened the box. Ricky, unaware, happily took a slice of pizza and wholeheartedly ate it.

Chanjo, CAP and Niel followed and ate their lunch. They talked and took turns taking pizza slices.

Chunji stood beside the frowning owner and chuckled. “If looks could kill, Ricky would be dead by now.”

“Did he have to call me ten times? Sheesh. I know what to get, he didn’t have to remind me every now and then.” He muttered.

“Is that the only reason?” Chunji asked.

L.Joe turned to his best friend and sighed. It was no use keeping secrets from him. He was too observant for his own good.

“It’s about a girl.” L.Joe started.

“Figures. Go on.” Chunji chuckled and took the pizza slice Chanjo handed him. L.Joe shook his head and scratched his silky, blonde hair. Chunji bit on his pizza and waited for L.Joe to open up his story. After two minutes, he finally spoke.

“Remember that guy? Ahn Jaehyun? He came here a few weeks ago with a girl. I don’t know. I guess, it just hit me, you know? Love at first sight. I can’t even stop thinking about her.” L.Joe laughed.  “I know. Weird. But I can’t help it. She’s in the same college as me too.”

Chunji wiped his hands and raised an eyebrow, “What does this have to do with you glaring at Ricky? And aren’t they going out? They looked intimate.”

“That’s the thing! I’m not supposed to love a girl who’s already taken but I can’t help it. I saw her at the pizza parlor earlier. I might’ve gotten her number if it wasn’t for him and his annoying calls.” L.Joe sighed. He turned to Chunji and waited for the verdict. His friend just smiled and tapped his shoulder.

“You have it bad, man. But follow your heart. Who knows, right? Come on. Let’s have pizza.”

L.Joe blinked and shook his head. Follow my heart? Huh.

“You’re on waiter duty today, hyung.” Changjo told him. L.Joe just nodded and took a slice, his thoughts still lingering on the lone female at the pizza parlor.

 

After the pizza parade, J-Hope and Rap Monster insisted on going to the arcade. Suga turned to his little sister with a worried look.

“Do you want me to call Jaehyun to pick you up?” he asked.

“Nah. I got it, oppa. There’s this place in Myungdong. I think I’ll drop by and have some coffee.” Yoonji replied with a grin.

J-Hope slung his arm around her and laughed.  “Aww. Look at you all grown-up and drinking coffee!”

Rap Monster chuckled and nodded, “I agree. I remember you crying over chocolate drinks when you were five.”

“That was such a long time ago!” Yoonji scowled as she pushed J-Hope. The two men laughed and hi-fived each other. Finally, Suga pulled his friends away from her. They said their goodbyes with Suga reminding her to be home early and J-Hope throwing hearts at her. Yoonji waved at them as she moved to the street to hail a cab.

Getting inside, she told the driver the address and waited.

 

Few minutes later, they arrived at Myungdong. The cab pulled right in front of Sweet Nothings and Yoonji paid. She took her bag and walked towards the café. Pushing the glass doors open, she was immediately welcomed by the strong yet sweet smell of coffee.

“Welcome to Sweet Nothings Coffee—“ L.Joe was cut in mid-sentence when he saw who entered the café. He could feel his heart beat faster and a lump was forming on his throat.

Time seemed to stop as she took careful strides towards where he was standing. Everything else become irrelevant as she looked up and smiled.

“L.Joe!”

L.Joe blinked and gulped. There she was, standing in front of him with the most beautiful smile he has ever seen. He cleared his throat and forced a smile.

“Y-Yoonji-sshi. What brings you here?” he asked.

LAME! Come up with a more idiotic question, why don’t you? He scolded himself.

Yoonji didn’t seem to mind his stuttering as she laughed and shrugged. “Tried my luck. I didn’t think you guys would be open on Sundays.”

“We’re open for you.” He whispered.

“What?” Yoonji asked.

. Get your game together, Lee Byunghun!

He cleared his throat and said, “We’re open every day. Table for one? Or are you waiting for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter