Understand

12 Keys [ Semi Hiatus ]

He groaned and literally felt ike someone repeatedly hit his head with a mallet. Sitting up the crimson red eyed male found himself in a wood cabin, a fire roaring in the fire place, and covers draped over him as he rubbed his throbbing head. Blinking furiously at first he believed it was nothing but a dream, but slowly the reality started to sink in. The fire bender looked around alarmed pondering how the hell he got to where he was. He ruffled his hair using both hands, lightly slapping his cheeks as a little self motivation as he re positioned himself sitting on the side of the bed, scanning the room. It looked cozy, the smell of wooden furniture lingering in the air and the warmth of the fire easing his body. Raising his hand he extended his index finger, making a "come to me" gesture as the fire in the fire place obediently did so. The flames accumulated in his hand, as the male slowly absorbed the heat into his hand breathing it in like as if it was air. 

"Cool trick" the girl commented opening the door to the cabin holding a paper bag, her presence made the fire controller jump, immediately going into a defensive stance. 

"You from back then" he snarled at her, his crimson red eyes showing the same killing intent.

"Woah down boy, Its not like Im going to bite" she commented rolling her eyes, closing the door to the cabin behind her, causing the male to widen his eyes in confusion. What was with her casual demeneor? If he recalled correctly they were in a rather heated battle a while ago. He forcefully tried to remember what exactly happened. After seeing her unarmed he took the chance to finish it off and? from there everything else was a blur. He watched her make some coffee raising his head every now and then, not really trusting what she was up to. The silence proved to be irritable and the fire bender parted his lips to maybe call out to her, when suddenly from within a puff of smoke appeared a male, who looked at him with a ferocious glare. Whats his problem?

"Kim Jongin where have you been?" the girl punched him in the arm as Kai rubbed his hand rolling his eyes, jerking his head towards the fire bender that sat on the side of the bed un able to make sense of the situation. "If you havent noticed, that guys awake" Kai rudely pointed his finger at the fire bender making him irritated enough to retaliate. 

"YAH! Watch your mouth! who do you think you are holding me captive like this?" Kai ignored the male who yelled at him with an uninterested yawn as he grabbed a cup of coffee from her. She crossed her arms looking towards the fire bender and spoke.

"You arent captive, I dont know how to put it in a polite way, but seeing as you get ticked off by almost anything anyone says, Ill say it bluntly" a look of seriousness on her face actually made the fire bender secretly uneasy "W...what are you trying to get at?" he pressed trying to remain calm though his stuttering completely gave it away, noticing this Kai scoffed enjoying the steaming hot cup of coffee in the far corner of the room beside the windows. "Im your weilder" she responded revealing a golden key around her neck with the fire bird symbol embedded on it. 

"Thats my key isnt it?" the boy whispered, defeated, knowing whatever happened afterwards didnt matter anymore. He lost the fight and his freedom. He fiddled with his hair looking down to the floor obviously dismayed after the truth hit him hard in the gut. All those days of being free were over and now he was "owned" no matter how much he despised it. Without wanting to, his eyes became moist, not because he was upset, but because he was angered to the point he wanted to cry. She blinked the sudden change in attitude, what happened to the boy who disrespectfully argued with them a few minutes ago? Now he simply looked like a child who got his favorite toy taken away. She bit her lower lip feeling slightly guilty. The girl sighed and walked towards the sniffling boy as she patted his head gently earning an alarmed glance from Kai. 

"Hey.. hey Im sorry okay? I didnt mean to lash out at you like that" she genuinely apologized and something about the way she expressed her emotions made it hard for the fire bender to bark back at her. Instead he fell even more quiet, trying to regain his composure.  "Whatever" he was able to reply, which for some odd reason made her smile. He gave off the image of this rebellious child who obeyed no one, but also as a one who knew when to back away. 

"Nice to meet you um...?" she paused as he replied looking up glaring though his eyes were still glassy. "Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol"
she smiled once more, turning her head and pointing a finger towards Kai she spoke "Thats Kai, hes a key just like you so try to get along okay?" she emphasized the last few words, with Kai doing nothing but scoff and murmur to himself at the comment. Chanyeol meanwhile, showed some interest in Kai. He couldnt understand how a key could look so content without being free.

"You make me sick Kai or whatever it is you're called" Chanyeol snarled as his thoughts came out in words unintentionally.

"YAH! Watch your tongue kid and dont call me Kai!" Kai snapped back just as rudely.

"First time Ive seen a key up to a weilder, obedient pet!"

"Thats nice coming from a sore little loser, how does it feel like to lose to a weilder,  you weakling!"

"STOP IT!" her voice rang throughout the room, immediately hushing the two males who bickered, forgetting she was even there. Both boys looked at the girl who had a frown on her face, obviously frustrated. She got a hold of just one key and it seemed like as if they were deliberately going right at it, when she clearly said not to. 

"Kim Jongin! I thought you of all people would understand how important my revenge is to me! why are you being like this?" she couldnt control herself and it couldnt be helped, the spur of the moment made the words escape from before she could stop them. With hot tears gathering in her eyes she threw Kai's key to the floor, slamming the door behind her, walking away to who knows where. Kai stared at his key lying on the floor, a blank look in his eyes, a feeling of pain overwhelming him as he bent down to the floor picking it up and placing it on the table. 

Revenge? what was she talking about? Chanyeol ran a billion thoughts across his mind. His eyes widened at how Kai picked up his key, simply placing it on the table. Chanyeol couldnt understand why Kai was doing that to himself. She just literally threw his key away and all he needed to do was run away with it, then he would be free. Something Chanyeol was deprived of since the news was broken to him. Chanyeol looked to the floor clenching his fists that were shaking in utter frustration and confusion as he yelled.

"Why? Just take that and you'll be free, why are you walking away from your freedom?!" silence took over the atmosphere as Kai simply stood his back turned to the fire bender who wasnt satisfied with no response. "Answer me! Whats holding you back?" he continued as Kai let out a sigh before looking over his shoulder "Annoying isnt she?"  Chanyeol was taken aback as his question got literally kicked away by being answered with.. yet another question. Without giving him a chance to retaliate Kai led on "With the key here I cant even tell where that idiot went" he turned to face Chanyeol who gave up on trying to interrupt. 

"Its not that Im afraid to walk away from  my freedom or its not that I cant. I choose not to and I dont expect you to understand. To that girl, the revenge shes after is worth throwing her own life for. Because its the most painful feeling when everything you consider precious gets taken away from you" Kai slowly walked towards the door sliding it open as he made eye contact with Chanyeol who, after a long while looked up. 

"And Im sure Park Chanyeol, you of all people understand that feeling better than me or anyone else right now" Kai walked away the door closing behind his back.