Teleport

12 Keys [ Semi Hiatus ]

Drip. Drip. Drop. One by one like as if in slow motion tears fell to the ground dispersing, unseeable. "Please save me" clutching a necklace around her fragile little neck, the girl wished repeatedly, hopelessly wishing for something that might not even come. The terrifying blackness, the frightening darkness knew everything, weakening a resolve not even strong to begin with. Shadowy hands thirsty for the last kill circled around a tiny body like hungry beasts, unable to breach through the flickering barrier of hope to which this child, stubbornly clung to. 

"Please" one last plea as she released the key from her grasp, she could endure it no more, her will shattered into countless pieces, beyond repair. Awaiting the moment she dreaded, defeated the girl gave in to what she struggled to get away from. From all directions, the hands of the beasts launched themselves, toward its helpless prey, one that refrained from fighting back. Just as she was about to believe everything had come to an end, a blinding light sent the monstrosities back a fair distance as a figure emerged from within, features hidden by the light in the background revealing only a blackened silhouette.

The figure offered a hand. Though her eyes were redenned and stinging painfully from the burning light, she ran over countless possibilities even in a situation where she could be saved. Disregarding everything else, one simple question came to mind, with an unforseeable answer. Friend or foe? having endured, heard and seen enough she reached out to grasp the offered hand with her own, covered in dried blood. What occured next made her deeply regret the choice she made. Starting from the hand and all the way to her body slowly started to disintegrate, turning into puffs of smoke. Scared and terrified she yelled, however, no noise escaped as she reached out to the darkness she feared. She vanished.

"YAH! whats wrong with you?" Kai exclaimed, looking at her who seemed to be in another world, her firm grasp on his hands oddly weakening and falling limp

"I cant" she spoke softly, barely audible as she remained stupefied, lost in her memories of the past. "What do you mean you cant?" he retaliated trying to sound irritated. 

He slightly bit his lower lip afterwards, his gaze travelling all the way across the room and towards a wall. He of all people knew why she was so nervous, he understood the reason so well it hurt, unbearably and it hurt to know what she feared was what was meant to protect her, his powers which triggered flashbacks of what she tried to forget about the most. It pained him that though he was her undoubted savior, he also reminded her of her worst nightmare. Which was why Kai pretended like as if he didnt know, like as if he didnt care, even though his heart ached and the urge to embrace her, telling her "Dont be afraid anymore" was overwhelmingly strong. He needed for her to be strong just as he did, for him, for herself and for the both of them.

He sighed noiselessly, adjusting the grip on her fingers, tightening his hold. Kai's free hand reached for hers as he parted his lips to speak "Look at me" his tone of voice was so soothing, it made her heart skip a few beats, her body unintentionally turning to face him as she realised how short and small she was while standing beside him, who stood protectively beside her for as long as she could remember. Her discouraged and glassy eyes met with his pitch-black eyes that seemed to penetrate right into the depths of her mind. He softly tugged on her hands, pulling her close as his face inched dangerously close to hers, to the point she could see his every feature.

His jet black eyes that shimmered like as if it contained a billion stars covered by most of his fringes, his whitened skin, and a mesmerizing look in his eyes that prevented her from breaking away. Doki. Doki. Doki. her heart pulsed madly as she instinctively stepped back, confident that he wouldnt notice. "Dont" reading her every movement like an open book he pulled her even closer making her body freeze. Her body leaning against his, she could even hear his heart beat steadily,calmly compared to hers which felt like it would literally jump out from her chest. How could he be so calmLetting her swim in her own thoughts, Kai bent down and moved his his head to her right ear whispering. 

"This isnt the first time you're doing this, I know you can and I know more than anyone how hard you're trying to forget, but dont you think trying to move on is best? so why not do this together hm?" he tried to reason with her, encourage her even with a pained heart and expression on his face. He treasured her more than anything and though he wanted them to be together, just the two of them, he realized there was no escaping the cruel reality as her words replayed in his mind "If only things were different.."  She felt the warmth of his breath grazing against her ear as it circulated throughout her body. Such a pleasing yet disturbing sensation that left her mind in a blur, but his words were crystal clear as she smiled gently responding, "Mhm" her resolve strengthened. 

He bumped his forehead gently against hers, looking down into her piercing sapphire green eyes, once more whispering "Ready?" pondering whether his words had convinced her or not. "Whenever you are Kim Jongin" a voice full of determination, over confidence and intent to annoy rang through his ears as he smirked evilly "Thats my girl~" he moved upwards and lightly kissed the top of her forehead, as the two face to face and hand in hand, starting from their legs slowly started to disintegrate into clouds of smoke. 

"Save me! Please! Get me out of here! I cant take it any- - - -" there was no need for her to fret anymore as she closed her eyes upon contact with his lips on her forehead a tender smile forming on her face, overcoming her past memories with each passing second. Nothing remained in the room after the next few seconds, in an empty room all that remained was an almost unseeable tear on the floor. 

 

Instead of letting itself dry, that one tear vaporized into a cloud of greyish smoke.

Because he really refused to let her see him cry, he needed to be strong;

"For the both of us" 

 

 

Okay so Ive officially completed five chapters. Sorry if my writing is too long, Im this obsessed perfectionist -cough- Im sorry if my story bores you too or if it isnt that good, trust me Im putting in a lot of effort to make it interesting. Thank you to all the lovely readers, whom I dont even know -shot- please continue reading "12 Keys" I SARANG YOU ALL <3