Warmth

12 Keys [ Semi Hiatus ]

She shook her head sideways unable to register the situation and the fact that the fire bender actually came, she pondered whether her mind was playing tricks on her, maybe creating hallucinations to something which wasn't even there, her emotions of desperation fueling its manifestation. It didn't matter if he was an illusion or not; the feeling of relief that washed over her just by being found was enough to bring the moisture back into her eyes. Chanyeol bit his lower lip rather roughly at the sight and crouched down only a few inches away from her as she raised her head, startled to meet his face disturbingly close to hers. She had no energy to push him away and in all honesty, even if she did she wouldn't be able to do so. Chanyeol really was charming up close, the memories of their first meeting, which also turned out to be their first battle replayed in her mind. The crimson red hue in his left eye glimmered brighter than the stars scattered across the night sky, it was to her, simply gorgeous as she found her shivering hand unconsciously reaching out to touch his cheek, completely lost in its beauty. The fire bender didn't move, but instead followed her movements as her frozen touch landed on his cheek sending a brief shock throughout his system. It was cold enough to make him, a fire bender furrow his brow.

The girl couldn't really think straight at that moment, the feeling of emptiness, helplessness, happiness, and relief churning furiously in her stomach as her hand once more trailed itself across his face. Her dainty fingers brushed away the fringes that covered his right eye, one which she was looking at for the first time since after their fight. Two words escaped , “So pretty” A comment like that would normally have sent someone to the grave or it would have left them burnt to a crisp at the very least, but this time, Chanyeol could do nothing but widen his eyes as he stared into her eyes, sapphire green in color that seemed dimmed and lacking its actual hue. Chanyeol gently jerked his head away from her touch, the fringes falling back into place as he put his arms around her already curled up body. Only at that moment did the fire bender realize how small she was in reality and how delicate she was even though her demeanor said otherwise.

Kai appeared in a cloud of smoke as he looked around the brush for what seemed like the hundredth time, he felt like he was teleporting in nothing but circles if that was even possible. He exhaled deeply extremely frustrated and worried at the same time. He couldn't help but blame himself for what was happening and he just as he was about to punch tree to release his pent up rage, Kai very faintly heard a sound making him stop dead in his tracks. He was unable to make out the words, slight whispers were all he caught but that was all he needed to tell it was her who he had been frantically searching for. Increasing his pace to where the noise came from Kai was sure he had definitely found her as he pushed away the exact same foliage that Chanyeol did only to witness a scene that literally made him choke on his own saliva and tore his heart into countless pieces. Without a doubt, he succeeded in finding her. Finding her with Chanyeol that is.

It was her turn to be stunned as tears rolled down her cheeks without her conscious permission. Flipping his personality over completely, at that moment Chanyeol seemed like someone completely different. He held her like as if she was something fragile which would break if he handled it the wrong way. The fire bender tightened his embrace around her body as the let the fiery warmth resting in his body flow over hers. He parted his lips to speak whispering to her ever so gently.

“Don't be afraid anymore”

“Im here so don't cry” Like a hushed child at a mothers words, her tears stopped trickling almost immediately as she let her tensed up body relax against him. The girl felt so safe at how her body fit so well in his embrace, how he was so warm and how just his words were enough to melt every trace of cold away from her heart. He was no illusion, he was Park Chanyeol and he really did come for her. She closed her eyes, finally letting herself  and her exhaustion go as she rested her head on his shoulder, returning his embrace by softly wrapping her arms around him. Chanyeol felt his face get hotter than usual, it was burning up as a blush ran across his face, one which he struggled to suppress, but failed horribly.  He closed his eyes letting a soundless sigh escape his mouth. He didn't hate it,

He didn't hate how he was holding her like this

He didn't hate how she let herself become so vulnerable in his embrace

He didn't hate how she said his eyes were pretty

He recalled what he had said to her that day “If it's a fight you’re looking for girl, it's a fight you’re gonna get”“And by the way, crying wont stop me from killing you” and a few other threats which at this point he regretted saying. Chanyeol felt his heart thump violently against his chest as he tried to control his maddening heartbeat that seemed to be running a marathon. “No Park Chanyeol, NO WAY!” he mentally screamed at himself before slightly pulling back to look at her who didn't move for a while, a smirk instantly plastered itself across his lips as he noticed she completely dozed off. Cautious not to wake her Chanyeol placed the girl on his back as she wrapped her arms around his neck unconsciously while in her sleep as he held her legs prepared to head back to the cabin. He blew on his fringe once before taking a step forward only to be interrupted by a voice and a figure that stepped out of the foliage into the moonlight.

“Who would have thought?” Kai revealed himself with both hands tucked safely into his pocket.

Chanyeol let his smirk widen for a reason he couldnt understand as he parted his lips to speak to returning greeting rather sarcastically,

“Fancy meeting you here" 

He didnt hate how he was feeling