Ten Minutes

12 Keys [ Semi Hiatus ]

With one last explosion of fire she was left panting, the heat intensifying as a figure stepped out from within the flames. Squinting her eyes she observed a male step out from the inferno completely unaffected. He had slightly tanned skin, and hair the same shade of black as Kai's but it had reddened highlights at the tips which covered his right eye, with the left visibly crimson red, she couldnt catch whether his right was the same color or not. The most striking feature about him was that he was undoubtedly on fire, but to the male it looked like something completely natural. Compared to her who was boiling both inside and out, he looked like as if he was simply taking a walk in the park.

"YAH! Who the hell do you think you are? Just some pathetic girl shooting off her big mouth?" the key rudely growled at her. He seemed to have a fiery temper and attitude from the looks of it. He shot her a glare, a dangerous flame ignited itself in his eyes with an obvious intent to kill, making her flinch. "Answer me weakling, do you know who you're messing with?" the key acted superior saying whatever came to his mind openly without hesitation, with no intention of analysing whether his opponent was stronger than him or not. Kai meanwhile, looked on hopelessly as the key showed no sign of hesiation whatsoever and Kai feared the key had the motive to kill, the thought made him bite his lower lip with such strength that it started to bleed, the reddened fluid running down the corner of his mouth. In all honesty, the attitude of the key was ticking her off, rather annoyed herself she took a step foward raising her head high, pointing a finger at him intimidatingly. "I am the weilder of keys and didnt you hear me the first time or are you deaf? IM HERE FOR YOU, YOU STUPID EXCUSE FOR A KEY" 

The fire bender showed no emotion relating to fear but the flame surrounding his body rose into the air signalling he was irked by the comment "If its a fight you're looking for girl, its a fight you're gonna get" the male lifted his right hand into the air palm faced up as flames started to accumulate forming into a ball "And by the way, crying wont stop me from killing you" she smirked nervously, it was obvious the key was out to take her life. In a flash she pulled out a potion bottle from her bag smashing it to the ground a cloud of blue smoke surrounding her frame, which caught the key's attention as he tilted his head to get a better look. She moved her right hand in a circular motion as the smoke followed her hand movement like a mini tornado, the girl then clapped both her hands together has the smoke exploded, converting into a wall of water spinning around her.

The key looked on somewhat disturbed at the sight of his natural weakness. However, just as fire was weak to water, water was also weak to fire. It was win win either way. This result of the battle would be determined based on which side had more power. She had her own concers, the spell would last for a maximum of ten minutes and that meant 

she had to win the fight in ten minutes or risk being killed

The fire bender unleashed his ball of fire which grew in size over time as it charged towards the girl at rapid speeds. Immediately reacting she threw both her hands one over the other as a great gush of water rushed towards the incoming fireball, enveloping it in a circular prison dissolving it into vapour. Waving her hand she ordered the water to disperse causing the vapour to form a thick mist around the area, she wasted no time as the mist wouldnt last long in such a heated atmosphere. She ran towards the fire user attempting to close the distance between them by getting close and finishing him off in one shot. Visibility was almost zero in the mist as she ran towards a flame which looked similar to the one surrounding the bender. Upon closer observation she realized it was a bush on fire, the mist within seconds dispersed to different directions eith the crimson red eyed male diving from the air using himself as the weapon, two fiery wings similar to that of a pheonix emerging from his back.

Seven minutes

With a quicker reaction than expected she raised both hands into the air palm faced up as the water formed a large wall between her and the flames just in time. It was a game of strength with both sides stubbornly pushing onto the other. The first side to release the technique or run out of energy would be crushed by the opposing power. Both key and weilder knew this clearly, making the urge to remain equal in power stronger. She was slowly becoming weak, the strength of the fire slowly overwhelming that of the water. She needed to think up of a strategy, she was running out of time. 

Five minutes

Kai even in his difficult situation observed the battle carefully his mind going crazy everytime he saw their attacks make a collision. Her current predicament looked dire and even he was trying to think up of an effective strategy, he knew she had a few minutes left and that time wouldnt stop anytime sooner. Kai shut his eyes and on the battle field so did she, both individuals trying to force out a plan and whether it was plain coincidence or luck almost in unison Kai and his weilder thought up of a plan.

"All I need to do is release him from the binding" she shot her eyes open. 

Three minutes

"Just release me from the binding" Kai tried to convey the message to her through his mind even knowing it was impossible. He called out to her from his heart. "Come on. Come on. Come on!"

She didnt have much time left to think of the possibilities, the girl had no choice but to take a deadly risk. Kai gritted his teeth, even he knew that if he made even one mistake, then he would have to risk her losing her life. She had her back to him and Kai couldnt run to her side or call out to her as the sound of both powers colliding created an ear piercing hissing sound, from the water evaporating due to the flames. To his astonishment she weakly looked back at him giving Kai a nod as the male hurriedly stood up preparing to teleport. Realizing he had understood her signal from the way Kai got up, the female put her plan into action. They both werent aware whether their plans were even the same but the pressure of the moment and due to the deep trust between them, even with wordless communication they were prepared to pull off anything. If it meant doing it together.

Two minutes

With one last heave she forcefully pushed against the fire user who was rather suprised thinking the odds were in his favour. The last amount of sheer force she used sent him flying backwards and all at once she hurled her protective barrier and every ounce of water it had into the air calling out loudly "KAI RELEASE" with this Kai instantly teleported appearing in the air where the water was thrown as he instantly vanished once more, but this time, taking the water along with him. The fire user shook his head slightly phased by the impact as he looked down noticing the girl unarmed. A devilish smirk appeared across his face as he spun in the air stretching out his wings preparing for the last attack. 

"This was fun while it lasted. Well goodbye." he made his nose dive with the aim of incinerating her.

"Kai you better not mess this up" bracing herself with the x-formation, the girl crouched down waiting for the result, which could end in her death or their win, whichever came first.

One minute

He re-appeared a surge of water hovering over him, right as the fire bender was about to make contact with her, Snapping his fingers he watched as the tsunami like water raced towards the flying flame user, at speeds even faster than their foe, hitting him straight in the back, dissolving his flames into nothing. "AUGH!" the male exclaimed,  the volume of the water proving to be too great, knocking him out cold almost instantly.

Zero minutes

She could almost feel the heat burn against her skin, but the sensation soon faded to nothing as the fire user fell to the ground soaked in water a few metres away from her. She backed away a defensive look on her face. "You okay?" a familiar voice questioned as she turned around to see Kai standing beside her. She refused to answer as she stood up shakily slapping away Kai's hand when he offered to help her up making his eyes widen. Stumbling she put her arms around him panting deeply her heart beat pulsing crazily and for once even his own heart pulsed madly. She pulled away from the embrace cupping his face in her hands. "F...forget me? w..what about y..you?" she stammered weak from excerting so much energy. She questioned him like as if she knew something was wrong with him and Kai hesitated countering trying to pull his face away "YAH! Im fine idiot, let go of my face!"

His reluctance was only making her guesses seem more and more accurate "Shut up!" she ordered brushing his fringes back revealing his eyes and exposing his forehead, holding his face firmly with the other hand. One of his eyes was jet black, the other pearl white, she gasped "I told you not to! What if it happened to both eyes!" she stepped back horrified. Even Kai had his limits when it came to teleportation and if he overdid it his eyes one by one turn white, and if this happens to both eyes he would permanently lose his powers. However, being just one eye he could recover in a few days time. "Relax! It just happened coz I teleported the water with me okay? Otherwise I could be fine teleporting a good few times" his explanation didnt seem convincing enough as she defended "But Ka-" he cut her sentence short. 

"Listen if you arent willing to sacrifice something just a little you cant hope to change anything! Do you understand?"

She scruched her lips and nodded punching him in the arm holding back tears. The way he treated her even after all she did made her want to shed tears, but she held it in, because he wouldnt want to see them. "Thats my girl~" with a hand in his pocket he gently patted her head with the other smirking. She smiled "What about him? How do I get him to be my key?" the girl pointed at the unconcious fire bender. 

Almost at once, every worry he tried to overcome since the start of the journey returned to haunt his mind. His own words came to mind as he sighed, there really was no turning back at this point. "Ill show you" Kai replied in a low tone of voice, gesturing her to follow he moved towards the unconcious male. 

 

You ignite the flame in my heart