Epilogue - I Like Eggs

Once Upon a Dream

A/N: This is the end of the story!! I hope you like it... Parts of this wasn't in a dream, so. *sobs* I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY. *mumbles* Taking pleasure in my pain how could they *sobs* 

CAUTION: Some parts may be a little graphic (the kissing scenes at the end) but other than that they should be safe to read. (If I'm being too paranoid in warning you, I'm sorry. I just wanted to make sure... haha!)

------------------

Response to the Lindae ship was your typical reaction to idol relationship. Tears, support, people wondering exactly how it happened, how they knew each other before they started dating, and how they were able to avoid cameras because EXO was watched constantly like animals in the Sahara Desert. Their relationship hit off pretty well, though Linda rarely saw Jongdae because of his busy schedule with his upcoming album release in a few weeks. However, during the moments they saw each other were precious, full of laughter and trolling using the internet. Being a fangirl didn't scare Linda. If anything, she knew what attacks were coming towards her, and knew exactly how to handle them. With love.

There was a group of fans who couldn't fathom the thought of them together. They attacked Linda with anon hate and spamming on all of her social media, no matter how much she blocked them they would make new accounts and continue their attack. Why they spent their time so focused on hate she had no idea, but she understood. Their idol was taken away from them, he was no longer just for the fans. He belonged to someone else. It was depressing to realize that he wasn't just a star or something that existed on their screens, that he's human.

Linda was on her way back visiting Korea for a while, wanting to celebrate their 100th day together with the man she begrudgingly loved the most. Butterflies fluttered in the pit of her stomach, mainly from nerves because this would be the first time they'd see each other ever since they started dating, so this would technically make it their first... date.

He wanted everything to be a surprise. Jongdae only told her the flight information and that he'd pick her up from the airport. Part of her was afraid that he would troll her the entire day, though honestly that is what their relationship thrived on. Instagrams saying that she didn't love him at all, even though she was hugging a stuffed penguin he got her, tumblr posts ogling other K-pop idols while calling him the most ugly person in the world (albeit still labeling him as "gorgeous namja" which calmed the hater's thirst), pictures of her with other people asking if Jongdae was jealous even though that meant that he was always on her mind even when she was with her friends. Everything she did was given back ten-fold, giving the public fanservice through teasing by shipping himself with the other EXO members in whatever means possible. It frustrated her, how could she be jealous of 11 other men when he was hers? It was ridiculous.

Walking through the gate she was met with a few squealing fans, but were quickly hushed as they waited in anticipation for the reunion of the couple. Linda immediately saw Jongdae but decided to play around for a bit before acknowledging his presence. Looking around she began talking aloud as she walked towards the man waiting before her with a small sign in his hands.

"Hmm... Can anybody help me find the person who's supposed to pick me up? Oh! You, sir. Can you help me? I'm looking for a man about your height with a chiseled jawline, caterpillar brows, eyes that pierce into your soul for days, a cute little nose that you can't just help but poke, ears that protrude from his face a bit wider than the normal person, hair that you want to just run your fingers through, and a smile that encompasses his entire face and gives me warm fuzzies in the pit of my stomach. I can't seem to find him..."

She brings a hand to her face pretending to search for Jongdae, waiting for his response. He picks up on the joke and smirks, bringing a hand up to his eyes pretending to search for him too.

"Hmm... I don't see him either. I guess I don't see him because the one your describing seems to be my handsome face."

"Ew, sorry. You're not my style."

"What? I'm everyone's style, especially my girlfriend's."

"I feel sorry for your girlfriend then."

"But I've missed her so much." Arms envelop Linda as Jongdae reaches out to embrace her, whispering into her ear that was facing him since she had turned away from him. "Happy 100th." Jongdae nuzzles his face in the crook of her neck as she squirms in his embrace, an act of desperation because she couldn't stand this cheesy form of endearment, but soon surrendered to the hug and turned to place a soft kiss on his lips. A kiss that expressed 100 days of longing, yearning for his touch, hearing his voice through her own ears instead of through speakers, and seeing his face up close instead of on a computer screen. A chorus of "aww's" and quiet squeals echoed throughout the airport, breaking them from their reverie and becoming shy with each other once more.

"I missed you."

Blood rushed up to her face and her ears became hot as the phrase repeated through her heart constantly. She buried her head in the crook of his neck as he embraced her as tight as he could, not believing that this was real, that she was in his arms once again.

"Say it again."

"I missed you."

Jongdae kissed her hair a few times before letting her go to come face-to-face with her.

"Did you miss me?"

Their eyes linked and her breath hitched, feeling weak in the knees at the sight in front of her. Luckily he still had his hands on her arms otherwise she would've buckled to the floor right then and there. Lifting a hand to his face her eyes soften, love filling in her eyes with a shy smile appearing on her already blushing face.

"I missed you. I missed you so much it hurts."

The urge to kiss her again was stopped by a sudden realization of what plans he had in store for today. A kiss could be saved for later in more private quarters, where there wouldn't be as many fans recording and taking photos of intimate moments between the couple.

"I have to stop by the company really quickly to pick up a few things for us, is that okay?"

"Of course!"

A tight hug was given again before they parted for the car, unknowing of what was waiting for them back at the company.

---

A group of girls huddled around cartons of eggs conspired in front of the SM Entertainment building, waiting for their moment to attack the Lindae couple. They had dealt with their relationship long enough and it was about time that they drove the couple apart. Their method of attack was to pummel Linda with eggs, hoping she'll get the message that they didn't want her around and that Chen was theirs, not hers. They planned only to attack her, hoping to break her resolve and get her to break up with him on their 100th day. This relationship was 100 days too long, they wanted it to end now so that he could go back to being theirs. They saw no one but him. Chen was life.

The car pulled up towards the entrance and Chen was the first to get out. They waited patiently for Linda to come out and aimed their eggs at her, ready to cover her in eggshells and yolk. When her entire body had exited the car and Chen was far enough away to be clear from the splatter, they threw the eggs.

Linda suddenly found herself with 6 cracked eggs around her. Three on her body, two on the floor, and one dripping down the car door.

"What the... who did that?"

"GET AWAY FROM CHEN HE'S OURS!"

A few more eggs made it to her body but this time she found something shielding her from the blow. Looking up she saw Jongdae with his arms around her, taking a few of the eggs in her stead. Making her way around Jongdae, Linda approached the fans with more eggs ready in their hands. Other fans not participating in this event swarmed around them, taking photos and updating their SNS's as the situation progresses. Jongdae looked at Linda puzzledly as he watched her retreating back, wondering what her next move will be and worrying that she might get hurt. Linda reaches out both of her hands and greets the fans warmly, asking if she could have some eggs.

"Hi, may I have two carton of eggs? Don't worry, I won't do anything to you with them."

Out of confusion a fan hands her a carton, wary of her next move and preparing herself for the worst. Surprisingly she did not throw any eggs at the fans who threw eggs on her, she walked directly to Jongdae and offered him a carton while opening her carton to grab an egg. The tension in the air was high with everyone watching their every move. An air of seriousness encompassed Linda as she looked up at Jongdae and gave him a smirk. He took a step back because he had never seen this side of her before, what was she up to?

[A/N: If you would like some background music for this upcoming scene, this song is a good one to listen to. It's called "Origin of Clocktower", a soundtrack from the game MapleStory]

"Are you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"Get ready!"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about!"

"3!"

"What's going on?!"

"2!"

"Yah! Why are you doing this to me?!"

"1!"

[CRACK]

An egg was cracked on Jongdae's head. The two stayed there for a while before it sunk in that Linda had declared a food fight between the two of them. Jongdae smirked and got his game face on, the fire of no mercy burning in his eyes.

"You asked for it! RUN!"

Linda squealed and ran for her life, smashing an egg behind her and getting his hip before feeling an egg crack on her back. She ducked out of his range, escaping an egg meant for her head. Wiping the egg dripping into his eyes Jongdae readied another egg in his hand, sauntering towards her in a slow, confident manner while Linda backed away from him, cautious of his every move. He makes a dash for it and Linda throws an egg, hoping to distract him from his frontal attack as his egg barely touches her shoulder, but he continues holding onto the egg and smashes it on her . Linda pauses and stands there gaping at him, unbelieving that he just went there.

"My !"

"It's a nice one." Jongdae beamed, proud of what he just did.

Linda rolled her eyes, peeved by the obvious flirting.

"Well if you're going to hit one side you have to hit the other side!"

She turns around and readies for another egg to be cracked on her rear, while Jongdae pauses to process the statement before cracking an egg on her as if it was nothing. Linda immediately turns around and cracks an egg on his arm, watching the yolk splatter from the impact and ooze down his arm while laughing at how ridiculous they were being right now. Neither one of them had been in a food fight before, but despite the mess they were making it was enjoyable because they were in the moment of spending time together. The couple smile at each other before reloading the ammunition in their hands, readying for their next attack.

"You know, I feel kind of bad for using these eggs."

"Why?"

"I like eggs."

"I know you do."

"No, like I really really like eggs."

"I'm your boyfriend, of course I know that you like eggs!"

"But we've never been on a date before!"

"...Doesn't this count?"

"It does?"

"I would."

"Okay!"

[CRACK]

Jongdae bursts out in laughter as yolk drips down Linda's bangs, a look of disgust on her face as she wipes it from her brow. She glares at Jongdae, ready to get back at him. Slowly walking towards her prey, Jongdae takes a few steps back and raises his arms in front of his chest to protect himself.

"Okay okay, I surrender! How about we use one last egg to get at each other and save the rest to eat?"

"Okay, so I get to use two eggs and you use one? That way we'll have 4 eggs left in each carton."

"W-what? That's not fair!"

"Oh yes it is."

"Alright. Call."

"You first, Jongdae."

"You sure about that?"

"Oh, I'm sure."

"You asked for it!"

The next thing she knew an egg had been cracked on her chest right on her sternum. Linda's jaw dropped as she watched the yolk drip down into her shirt, arms spreading out due to the shock of the attack. Jongdae quickly brought down his arm and fell to the floor laughing, thinking that he had won the egg fight. Looking up at Jongdae her eyes narrowed, wanting sweet revenge. She opened up her arms to welcome Jongdae in an embrace.

"Jongdae-ah~ C'mere and give me a HUG!"

Jongdae attempts to run but is too late. Linda envelops him in a bear hug, spreading the yolk all over his shirt and cracking her last two eggs on his rear end. He squirms at the odd wetness of his pants and breaks away from the hug, pouting while saying his trademark phrase, "Why are you doing this to me?!" Linda couldn't help but find that endearing, giving a small giggle and reaching out to pick at the eggshells stuck in his hair.

"You're too cute." Linda mumbles in English, hoping Jongdae wouldn't hear or understand what she's saying.

"What's that?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing."

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!"

The realization that they were in public surrounded by fans dawned on them and they frantically looked at each other, thinking the same thought.

"Manager hyung!"

"Why are y'all such a mess?"

"... We had a food fight?"

Jongdae held up a carton of eggs while Linda moved over to cover the girls who had many carton of eggs with them, but the manager noticed and stalked over to the fans pointing a finger at them.

"Did you do this? Did you throw eggs at them?"

"Wait! No, they had nothing to do with our food fight."

"R-right! Hyung, it was part of my surprise for Linda as part of our 100th day! They knew to bring egg cartons for me." He turns to the girls and smiles sofly at them, "Thank you."

"I had fun, it was a nice surprise." Linda laughed, "but now I would like to get this yolk off of me." She turns to the group of girls who originally threw the eggs at her and gave them a small smile, unsure of how to phrase the thoughts running through her head. The group of girls huddle together, fearing for the worst of reactions.

"I know you care a lot about Chen," She placed a hand on his arm. "Thank you so much for caring for him when I couldn't be there." Linda bowed to the girls and the crowd began to murmur, taking photos and again spreading "fanaccounts" of what's going on. "It means a lot to me that you could be here for him when I cannot, so thank you." 

The girls automatically regretted what they did to her, and gave their apologies, realizing that Chen will always be theirs to take care of and to love. Kim Jongdae might have loved Linda, but Chen will always love his fans no matter what. The crowd dispersed as the action died down - though a few stragglers stayed - and the couple made their way into the company to clean themselves off and change into their clothes for date night. They walk into a small lounge with a sink and begin dabbing wet paper towels onto places that came into contact with yolk. Jongdae hops onto the counter to reach his shoes better with the paper towel. He pouts as he cleans his shoe, he just added these to his shoe collection and they were his current favorite. Linda noticed how he was only focusing on his shoes and clucked at him, motioning to his entire body.

"Your entire body is covered in yolk and yet you only worry about your shoes."

"Hey! These are good shoes, okay?"

"Uh huh."

Linda chuckles as she picks eggshells out of his hair again, this time looking for the tiny pieces stuck in the weirdest hiding places. Her eyes soften at the sight before her, watching his concentration in cleaning these shoes that seemed brand new. She watched the way his gaze was set intently on them, eyelashes fluttering when he would scrub at a crusty part, body shaking at the force he applied to get the yolk out, and lips curling up into kitten lips when applying pressure. She found herself staring a little too long because the next thing she knew Linda was met with a pair of eyes staring directly at her intensely. Jongdae reached forward to kiss her but Linda cleared and avoided the kiss, continuing to clean his arms and shirt that was crusted with yolk all over while using her hair to cover her beet-red face.

Jongdae looked down in disappointment, half-heartedly cleaning his other shoe wondering if there was something wrong with him. He was completely nervous and wanted to make her happy for their first date. They had kissed before at the airport and at the fansigning, why did she avoid his kiss now? Was it the yolk? Was it the egg fight? Was it because he defended the fans instead of stand up for her and say that they attacked her? Every touch she makes burns through his entire body, and he yearns for her lips dearly to express how he feels about her. He begins to pick eggshells from her hair until he hears a giggle emit from . He peers at her and notices her blushing face, causing the blood to reach his face as well.

"Looks like my hug transferred yolk over to your shirt really well!"

"Yeah, well you better clean it really well."

"Kim Jongdae!"

"Yes, noona?"

"I don't know what I'm going to do with you." Linda shakes her head and continues wiping off the yolk on his chest, unknowing that every touch made his heart race faster. Jongdae musters all the courage that he has, though what he says only comes out in a whisper.

"You do know where you're touching... right?"

"Your chest, why?"

Jongdae places his hand on top of hers, guiding it to his heart. Linda could feel the electricity running up her arm and down her spine, the close proximity of his body to hers becoming painfully aware as she fought the urge to pull him closer to her. She looked up at Jongdae and felt his heart rate speed up  when they made eye contact, neither one could tell if they were breathing or not because their focus was concentrated on the other's eyes, searching for an answer to unheard questions. Their non-verbal conversation stopped when a glint flashed through Jongdae's eyes, a look Linda didn't know how to process until his eyes softened, asking for some sort of permission. Linda gulped and slowly closed her eyes, giving him the permission he needed. He gingerly places his lips on her and caresses her cheek with one hand while the other stayed on her hand above his heart. A hand runs through his hair as Linda deepens the kiss, slowly conveying her feelings to him. He wraps his legs around her, wanting to feel the heat of his body on hers and lightly bites at her bottom lip asking for entrance. Access is granted and Linda slowly moves her hand to the hem of his shirt, but Jongdae squeezes her hand just before she fits her hand under his shirt.

"I'm not so confident of myself down there," he whispers while keeping his lips on hers, loving the way her lips felt on his.

"So?"

"I-I'm ticklish?"

"All the better." Linda tucks her hands under his shirt and begins to tickle him, laughing at the way he falls backwards and bunches his face in laughter. "You're cute."

Jongdae sits up straight again and creates eye contact with her just to hear her squeak a little and turn bright red at his gaze.

"You're cuter."

"N-nuh uh..."

"Yeah huh!"

Jongdae embraces her, kissing all over her face listing all the ways that she was endearing to him before giving a final kiss on the lips. The couple begin to kiss again but are interrupted by the sound of an opening door. The two abruptly pull apart to see who was at the door before blushing beet-red and going back to cleaning themselves from the crusted yolk.

"Y'all can't get anything done when I leave you alone, can you?"

Manager hyung laughed so hard that Linda blushed and threw the towel at Jongdae, mumbling for him to finish up while running out the door to get some fresh air. She was so embarrassed to get caught that she couldn't go any further from the door and slid her back down the wall until she was sitting on the ground. She fanned herself from the hot flash she got as she thought back to the kiss, going crazy how she wanted more from the kiss but shouldn't let that happen. It had been a long time since she was intimate with anyone and she was self-conscious about everything, even being hyper-aware of his every move. The door quickly opened after she had sat down on the floor and Jongdae came rushing out, tripping over her as he turned to look for her.

Linda quickly stood up and laughed at the taller man on the floor, reaching a hand out to help him up from his fallen position. As soon as she pulled him up he lost his balance and crashed into her, but kept his arms out from completely smushing her against the wall. They both stayed in that position for a bit to catch their breath, the action earlier caused them to be in a state of shock. Linda looked up at Jongdae and quickly looked away, unable to look at the man in front of her straight in the eyes. Keeping one arm on the wall Jongdae cupped Linda's face with his free hand, getting her to look at him in the eyes.

"Why'd you run out?" Concern was written all over his face.

"I-I was embarrassed."

"Really?"

"Yeah." 

{Warning: This scene is a LITTLE graphic. Just this paragraph though.} 

Linda felt the blood rush to her face even more as Jongdae chuckled and brought his face closer to hers. He wasn't sure if he could kiss her lips so he aimed for her cheek, but Linda moved her head thinking he was going to kiss her again and he dove for her lips. The kiss started soft, playing with each other's lips and enjoying the sensation of having their lips met and bodies near each other. Jongdae deepened the kiss and pressed her against the wall, erupting a small squeak from her. He broke away from the kiss and placed kisses around her face and down her neck, his arms slowly moving down to hold her at her waist. Linda tilted her head back in response and grabbed onto his shirt, restraining herself from emitting noise from due to the somewhat public place they were in. She pulled on his hair and brought his lips back onto hers, thirsty for the contact of his skin against hers. He allowed her to dominate the kiss, tilting his own head back as she trailed down his neck, his moles that she found so attractive and leaving a small love bite on the mole near his collarbone.

As soon as their lips met again the door opened and a group of EXO members made their way down the hallway. The couple tried to break apart as soon as they could but they could not erase the evidence: Linda's swollen lips and blushing face with Jongdae's messy hair and collarbone love bite.

"Wow, noona, I didn't know you were frisky."

"K-Kim Jongin!"

Everyone in the hallway laughed at the couple's embarrassment as manager hyung threw Jongdae a towel and motioned for Linda to follow him.

"Go get freshened up, Jongdae. Linda, follow me."

Linda followed manager hyung down the hall and entered a through a door that had a woman waiting for the both of them. Looking around it seemed like she was in f(x)'s dressing room, though why she was in here she wasn't sure.

"Took you long enough!"

"Sorry, it took a bit of effort to... pry them from each other."

Linda turned bright red and stared at the ground, feeling awkward and unsure of what to do.

"So how do you want me to make her look?"

"Uhh, make her look... y. Those two have been going at it like crazy today, they need a little boost to tip them over the edge."

"H-hyung!" Linda blushed even brighter if that was humanly possible.

"Yah, why are you calling me 'hyung' or 'manager hyung'? You're a girl, you're supposed to say 'oppa'."

"But it's easier to say 'hyung'..."

"Amber does it too and Sulli calls Amber 'hyung' all the time. So I think it's okay."

"Oh, alright... but yeah make her look good, and use the dress Chen ordered for Linda."

"Dress? H-He bought a dress for me? What..." Linda thought to herself, unknowing that the woman had introduced herself. "Ah! I'm sorry, could you repeat that?"

"No worries, I'm Yoojin."

"Hi Yoojin, I'm Linda... though you already know that. Haha! Are you an... unni-noona?"

"Yes, I am. Now are you ready to get your makeover?"

"E-eh? Umm, I guess..."

"Alright! Yah, hyung, get out."

They both laugh as he realizes that he was in a room full of girls and stands up immediately. Walking towards the door he mumbles that he'll check up on Jongdae as Yoojin got Linda ready for their date. Yoojin got right to work, cleaning Linda's skin and washing her hair as best as she could since they weren't at a salon. After drying her hair Yoojin handed Linda clothes and shoes to wear so that she could style her hair and do her makeup better. The dress was a deep wine color that was snug at the bodice but flowed out at the waist, accentuating the right curves on her body. The color of the dress reminded Linda of the night they ran into each other and played King's Game, the night she realized the man she had been pining over on a computer screen was right in front of her. Yoojin gave her a vintage look, giving her classic beauty makeup instead of the usual kpop idol look she knew so well. Putting on the finishing touches Yoojin had Linda look in the mirror, and the sight of her surprised her. Although Linda loved to dress up and play around with makeup, she had never looked this well for a date before...

... And she loved it.

What's better was that the man she was about to see in a few minutes had picked out her dress that looked so well on her. How he was able to do that amazed her and she wondered if he had any help in choosing this outfit. She chuckled to herself at the thought and then turned to Yoojin to smile at her.

"I love it! Thank you so much unni-noona!"

Linda gave Yoojin a hug and they heard a knock coming from the door. Manager hyung peaked his head in with a hand covering over his eyes.

"Is she ready?"

"Yes!"

Linda walked towards the door and swung it open, a little eager to see how Jongdae had changed since the last time she saw him. He had his back turned to her, nervous to see how she looked like at this current moment. Linda took a second to observe what he was wearing before he could turn around. He was wearing a suit that hugged the right areas, even from the back she could tell that he was gorgeous. His hair was styled back in the way she adored, and even though she was a few feet away from him Linda could smell the cologne that she was familiar with and had to use every fiber of her being to not bury her head in his neck for his scent.

"Jongdae-ah," she said softly, a smile slowly spreading across her face.

He turns around and catches sight of her, his breath hitching and getting caught at the top of his chest (reference photo). His mouth hangs open and stares making Linda self-conscious and worry that she doesn't look as good as she felt. She begins to feel shy under his gaze and looks down at the floor not wanting to meet his gaze. Jongdae takes a few steps closer to her and continues staring, her beauty completely taking his breath away.

"W-what?"

"Wow," escaped from Jongdae's lips. Linda looks up and realizes that his cheeks were a little red as well. Her face felt hot and she placed her hands against her cheeks, hoping to cool them down a little bit. "You're beautiful," Jongdae smiles and reaches for her hand, gently kissing it. Linda smiles and notices something that she hadn't before.

"We're the same height."

"Thanks to your heels."

"Yup!"

Linda beamed at him and Jongdae felt his heart skip a beat, almost forgetting all of his plans for the night. Jongdae quickly shook his head and linked arms with Linda, guiding her down the hallway as Manager Hyung and Yoojin looked on at the couple.

"Y'know I picked that dress for you. As soon as I saw it I knew it was for you."

"It reminds me of the first time we met, you were wearing a sweatshirt similar to this color."

"That was the second time we met! I was wearing black the first time we met."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I look like a fancy wine glass don't I though?"

"A fancy wine that's mine." Jongdae quickly kissed her cheek, but Linda slightly pushed him away.

"I don't come cheap though."

"Oh so I'm going to have to pay for you?"

"Why pay for something you already have?"

Jongdae smiled and wrapped an arm around her waist bringing her closer to him. For a brief moment they stopped and looked into each other's eyes, smiling and enjoying the moment. After a quick kiss they begin walking again, and they both feel like this moment is unreal.

"I feel like I'm dreaming," Jongdae states.

"Well, as Cinderella says, a dream is a wish your heart makes."

-----------------------------------

A/N: DONE! DONE DONE DONE DONE!

I hope you enjoyed it! I'll be creating a sequel as I promised Alex, so please look forward to it. :) Let me know what you think of the story below! Haha. Once I make the sequel I will also be providing a link in this story so if you've subscribed maybe it'll send you a notification? I'm not entirely sure, this is the first time I've written on aff so we'll see! ^^;;

Thank you for reading this far! And I begrudgingly say this...

Welcome to the SSLindae ship.

*sobs* OTL

Thanks to: Alex (huongle246), Kristin, (kittyrascalmeow), and Sheng (shimshimchorva) (and her sister!) for being with me along this journey as I wrote it!

Credits to: Sheng (shimshimchorva) for thinking of the SSLindae ship name, Alex and Kristin now use it like CRAZY! OTL