Part 3 - The Question to End it All

Once Upon a Dream

A/N: Hi! Sorry this took me so long to update, I actually ended up writing part of the Epilogue first before finishing Part 3. Haha! I was also trying to figure out how to have this part make sense because it definitely did not in my dream... Then I realized that since it was a dream it doesn't necessarily have to make sense. So... enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lindaaaaaaa~ Are you excited?!"

"No."

"Who are you going to go ask for your sign? Is it Chen? I bet you're gonna go to Chen because it's KIM. JONG. DAE. Like, how could you not?"

"I'm picking Kyungsoo!"

"Whaaaaat?! You just made your husband really sad."

"HE'S NOT MY HUSBAND!"

"Uh-huh, that's what you always say but then what do you do? Go. To. Him."

"You ."

Alex falls back shaking with laughter as I turn her around and smack her a few times for making fun of me with this ship. It is not a real ship! It will never be a real ship... I-I won't let it!

"Evil maknae." I mumbled, grabbing my luggage and leaving my apartment for the last time before heading to Los Angeles for the fansigning. I didn't think I would be going to this but my mom approved and I made a promise to Jongdae that I would go to him first... sigh.

---

"I'm. So. EXCITED!!!! Do you think we'll be able to go to all of them?"

"I'm not sure, it doesn't say if we'll be able to go to all of them or just one of them. I'm going to guess just one though because it seems like they're making a big fansigning since it's the first one in LA. Kind of like a fanmeet too, right? They're having a performance and Q&A afterwards."

"Wow, they're really going all out for this event."

"Yeah."

"So which line are you going to?"

Alex smiled widely, anticipating my response. I made a face and turned away from her, I couldn't bear letting her see my face turn red as I slowly walked over to Jongdae's line. As she was realizing whose line I was heading towards I quickly grabbed her hand and dragged her to join the same line as me, not wanting to do this alone.

"Y-you have to come with me!"

"But Luhan!"

"But nothing! You can see him later!"

"What?"

"N-nothing. You'll see! Plus he's next to Chen you can stare and look at him all you want then."

"B-but..."

"C'mon! I know you want to see Chen too~ Chenny Chen Chen! Please? I'm so nervous I don't think I can do this."

"Oh, so you admit that you're nervous to see Chen?"

"N-no! I'm nervous for this entire event! Can you please just go with me? I promise I'll let you speak to Luhan later."

"Okay. I'll go with you. Anything for my precious Lindae ship."

"WE'RE NOT A SHIP."

"But to me it is!!"

"Sigh..."

Time passed by and the both of us were lost in our own conversation, moving as the line moved closer to Chen. As we were talking we overheard a conversation that some other fans were gossiping about.

"Did you hear that they are going to do a surprise performance?"

"Yeah! And did you know that Amber is going to do the Q&A? I was not expecting her, but I guess it makes sense since she speaks English."

"Yeah, plus she's a good MC."

"I wonder what the surprise performance is going to be like though...."

"I want My Lady, I don't care if that's not a single of theirs we deserve some iness in our lives because they didn't come to us for their concert."

"YES! I hope they do the thing where they pull up a fan and dance to them, and I hope I'm the one who they pull up!"

The girls laugh as one of them walks up to meet Chen and I realize how close we were to each other. My heartbeat quickens as I become nervous again and distract myself from thinking about how close we were to meeting again. Reaching into my bag I pulled out a snack and shared with Alex as we waited for the first girl to be done. The girl before me took a long time because she started a conversation with him, which made me even more nervous about what my first words were going to be. Should I say, "Long time no see!"? No, too obvious. "Hi!"? No, too detached. "We meet again." No, too... aloof? Ack! What should I say?!

"Linda turn around!"

"Huh?"

I turn around with a piece of food at my lips about to go into my mouth as I am met with a pair of eyes that already seem so familiar. The corners of his lips went up and his eyes creased, a smile encompassing his entire face that I knew all too well.

"Noona! You came!"

A hand grabbed my shoulder tightly as I carefully glanced behind me. Alex was staring at me with the look of betrayal as if I had left out an important piece of our friendship and just stabbed her in the heart with it.

"Wait, what... does he mean... "you... came"? Did you guys already know each other?!"

"U-umm. I forgot to tell you, Alex. We've met twice before."

"TWICE?!"

"I'll tell you about it later!"

I turn back around to hand Chen my CD and blushed when our hands grazed each other.

"I'm glad you came!"

"I-I promised you, didn't I?"

Chen gave a small laugh and scratched the back of his head, "I guess you did, didn't you?"

"Eyy! What's this I hear about a promise?"

Luhan had overheard the conversation and pointed to Chen ready to .

"Linda did he force you to go to him?"

I nodded, suddenly feeling a bit playful because of the spark in their eyes.

"Yah! That's not how you get a girl to like you Chen!"

Both of our eyes widened as Jongdae attacks Luhan for the embarrassment he was giving us.

"O-oppa! Don't make me "kiss" you again!"

"N-NO!"

Luhan had a look of horror on his face as Jongdae fell back laughing recalling what had happened the night before during the King's Game...

---------------

“Alright! Numbers 1 and 7 kiss.”

1 and 7… I have number 1! I look up to hear the person on my right has number 7 and turn my head to come into eye contact with none other than Luhan.

Oh no…

"Do I have to?" I can't do it! Alex likes him, I can't kiss Luhan.

"Do it!!!"

"But my friend likes Luhan."

"Really? You should introduce me to her sometime!"

"Yah! You don't even know her and you sound like you want to pick her up... actually she might be okay with that."

"So shall we kiss?"

"O-oppa!"

"Don't worry, it'll be quick."

"Actually no, you have to kiss for at least 5 seconds."

"W-what?! That's not what you said, Chanyeol!"

Luhan swiftly dove in for the kiss, only to be met with a head-. I panicked and so I did the first thing that came to mind. I'm sorry Luhan! He writhed in pain for a few seconds as I hugged him and rubbed his forehead a bit, constantly apologizing.

"I'm so sorry, oppa! I panicked! I didn't know what to do so I... I'M SORRY!"

"Why did you head- him, noona? Are you saving your lips for someone?"

"B-byun Baekhyun!"

A chorus of laughter erupted as the sticks were collected again for the next round.

"I'm so sorry Luhan!" I whispered repeatedly.

---------------

"Again, I'm really sorry, oppa... Does it still hurt?"

"I don't have a bump on my head, so it's okay. It doesn't hurt anymore."

"What did you do to my Luhan?" Alex angrily whispered into my ear. I turned around nervously and laughed a little, relaxing the hand that was gripping my shoulder tightly.

"I sort of... head-butted him. Wait, MY LUHAN?!"

"SHHH!!! Don't say it out loud!"

However, it was too late and Luhan was already moving over to Jongdae's side as a quick break from signing CDs. He remembered that I had a friend that really liked him and pointed at her confused at what she was doing in Chen's line.

"Excuse me, aren't you supposed to be in my line?"

Alex screamed a little bit and shook me, feeling betrayed at how her bias knew he was her bias because only one person could've told him...

... and it was me.

I laugh and ask the fan standing next to us if Alex could move over to Luhan's line because I forced her to go into Chen's line, explaining how Alex technically should've been in Luhan's line. Oddly enough the fan let Alex go over, possibly not wanting to look bad in front of her bias as well. I turn back to Jongdae with a smile and he proceeds to sign my CD with a little note in it. As I peer closer to him to read what it was he takes the CD off the table and hides it underneath him, shaking his head at me.

"No peaking!"

"But-!"

"No! Because you wanted to peak you now can't get your CD back, you'll have to pick it up at the end of the fansigning."

He gave me a wink and I sighed, why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Alex and I walked away from the fansigning table with her squealing and jumping for joy at Luhan's autograph and hearts plastered all over it. Wow, Luhan. Way to be obvious. She looked at my empty hands and gave me a confused look, "Where's your CD?"

I sighed and shrugged, "My CD got detained because I tried to peak at what was on it. Chen won't let me see it until the end of the fansigning."

Suddenly a hand grabbed my arm tightly and bulging eyes are staring at me, Alex was squeezing my arm so hard I could no longer feel circulation in my hands. I looked at her confusedly and all she could muster was, "Do you know what this means?"

"What?"

"He wants to see you after the fansigning."

"And?"

"And?! This means my ship really IS sailing~!"

Alex laughed and rejoiced as she looked around searching for someone to share her happiness with. All I could do was just look at her confused. This ship will not sail!

... Will it?

"Amber!! Guess what Chen did to Linda!!"

Amber looks over and gives us a small wave, walking towards us with a knowing smile on her face. Both Amber and Alex took pleasure in shipping me with Jongdae, and now that we both know each other it only makes the shipping worse.

"What did he do to her?"

"He kept her CD!!"

"What?"

I sighed, explaining to her the situation. "He took my CD from me because I tried to peak at it, and now he won't give it back to me until the end of the fansigning."

"Oh, I bet that means he wants to go on a date with you afterwards."

"What?!"

"I'm just kidding." Amber laughs and gets pulled over by an official for a few seconds before coming back to us. "Hey so, we have a problem."

"What is it, Amber?"

"Well, I was supposed to have a co-host but he ended up being really sick and can't make it. We need to find a replacement as soon as possible... Could one of y'all do it possibly?"

"Wouldn't it be kind of weird to have a fan hosting the event?"

"No! Don't worry about it, it's a fansigning, isn't it? It'll be cool to have a fan help lead the event."

"Alex do you want to do it?" My nerves were shaking there was no way I was going to volunteer for this.

"Uhh, I think you should do this Linda. You're much better at speaking in front of a crowd than me!"

"But it'll be a great learning experience for you!"

"No no. Linda you should do it."

"I think Linda should do it."

Amber puts in her vote and I just stare at the both of them, wondering if they had planned the whole thing.

"Wait a minute..."

"Okay! Let's get Linda to makeup and wardrobe!"

"Wait, what?!"

Before I could say any of my thoughts I was wisked away backstage by Amber with a laughing Alex waving at us. 

"I'll see you Linda! I'll be in the front row!!"

"YOU , ALEX!"

"I love you, too!"

---

I stand backstage feeling crazy awkward because I'm not quite sure to do. Amber stands beside me looking like a pro and trying to fill me in on the protocol and our cue cards. She picks up on how nervous I am and places a hand on my shoulder, smiling to reassure me.

"Don't worry, noona, you'll be fine."

"You're calling me noona too?"

Amber shrugs, "I think the term noona suits you better." 

She usually doesn't call me unni or noona... something's up, but I ignore it for now. I look over to my right and see a crew member struggling with a few baskets of roses and a large bouquet of flowers. The roses were falling out of the basket so I ran over to help pick up the roses, motioning for him to go ahead as I picked up the rest of the roses that had fallen around on the stage. One by one I picked them up heading towards the backstage area until a hand met mine on a rose halfway there. Screams could be heard from the audience as I look up to realize that I had touched an EXO member's hand. Our hands never leave the rose as we both stand up and look at each other, when I look up to finally look at his face I am met with none other than...

Kim Jongdae.

I quickly let go of the rose and felt the blood rush up to my cheeks. I was sure my face was the color of the rose in his hand right now. Quickly looking down I apologize for grabbing the same rose he was reaching for. There was a pause from his end as I look up the same time screams occurred from the fangirls, watching him kiss the rose and hand it back to me.

"You were helping the crew out, weren't you? Thank you, this is for you."

"O-oh..."

I slowly reach out for the rose, hearing the screams grow louder as I got closer to his hand. The rose suddenly disappeared as Jongdae pulled the rose closer to him and shook it back and forth, giving me a wink at the same time.

"Not now, you'll recieve it later."

Watching his retreating back I could only stutter a few words, "Wha- first my CD, n-now that rose?!"

He only walked on, laughing as he enjoyed playing with me and headed backstage to finish getting ready for the stage. I stomp my foot and huffed, I hated being played like that, it only got me frustrated since I couldn't do it back to him. There were many fangirls here, I could not risk that. I would like to live.

Placing the roses in their baskets I watched the previous crew member take out a second large bouquet and place it at the middle of the stage. I walked over curiously and examined the flowers wondering what they were for. Curiosity got the better of me and I turned to the crew member to ask.

"What are these bouquets for?"

"They're going to be singing My Lady and XOXO. They're pulling two fans up to the stage."

"O-oh wow. Okay. Cool."

"Yup."

---

"A-yo what's up everybody?" Amber screamed as she made her way onto the stage. She motioned for me to follow her and I tailed behind her as the nervous little girl that I was. Fans screamed as we walked over to the middle of the stage chanting her name as I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do because no one knew who I was.

"Hey everybody, I'm Amber from f(x) and I'm one of your hosts for this fan event! Next to me is a friend of mine and is your fan host for tonight since our other host fell ill and couldn't make it. Get well soon!" Amber looked towards me and gave me a motion, "Please introduce yourself!"

"Hi! I'm Linda. Umm... I don't know what else to say." We laughed and Amber started asking me a few questions.

"Hmm... where are you from, Linda?"

"I'm from Texas!" A few screams from fellow Texans could be heard from the crowd. "Yeah, represent!"

"So you came here as a fan today, Linda?"

"Yes, I did, Amber."

"What do you usually do?"

"Well, I currently work at a library."

"Oh you're a librarian? Cool!"

"Yeah!"

"So here's a question I'm dying to ask and I bet all the fans are dying to know, who's your favorite EXO member?"

"Wha- U-umm. I like them all!"

A chorus of "eyyy" and a loud "PICK ONE" came from the audience. Amber chuckled and gave the fans a thumbs up.

"I guess that means you have to pick one! The fans want to know."

"U-umm... I'm Chen's fan."

"You hear that fans? Keep this in mind for later!"

"Wait, what?"

"Anyways! Moving on! Since this is the first time we're doing a fansigning EVER in LA, we have a special treat for you guys! Y'all are getting a performance AND a Q&A!"

"That's right, Amber. We collected your questions that you wrote down earlier and compiled them into this ball machine here. We'll go through EVERY question unless it was previously answered so I hope you enjoy the event!"

"First off, EXO will be performing their new single along with two songs where they will be pulling two fans onto the stage! Good luck everybody and let's welcome EXO!"

Screams erupted from the audience as the house lights dimmed, the stage became dark, and music streamed from the speakers. EXO began performing and the fans enjoyed it, screaming the fanchant as best as they could to the Korean men. Tears were spilt, voices were lost, but it was worth it. After their new single XOXO played through the speakers and the fans screamed twice as loud as Suho walked into the crowd and pulled a fan from her seat. EXO had new choreography for this song, and fought for the fan's affections as they sang the song. As the song ended Chen walked her back to her seat with her bouquet the next song poured through the speakers and the melody of My Lady accompanied the screaming of fangirls losing their ovaries over the song known to kill hearts. The anticipation of which fan would get to go up on the stage increased as roses were thrown into the audience for the fans to catch. I watched Chen walk down the aisle from where he helped the girl sit back down and watched as he walked past the stairs for the stage. Everyone watched him intently as he beelined for the area where Amber and I were standing below the stage. Soon after I realized where he was walking to our eyes made contact and he smiled, extending his arm with a rose in his hand. He was coming for me.

I could hear the screams increase and Amber cheering me on, the faint scream of Alex's "Lindae" chant in the distance seemed to get louder but I couldn't hear a thing. My entire focus was on the man walking towards me with a slight smile on his face. Amber pushed me towards him and I stumbled, covering my face as I blushed like crazy. Jongdae stood in front of me and whispered into my ear,

"I said you'd receive the rose later, didn't I?"

"I-"

Jongdae held my hand and led me to the stage where the other members were waiting for us, still throwing roses into the crowd. As the performance went on I felt light-headed at the sight of 11 grown men hip ing towards me, each of them laughing because they could see just how red my face was even though we had played the King's Game the night before. That game was worse than what they were doing to me now, but in a public venue like this it's 10x more embarrassing. The song came to an end and with the last line Kyungsoo held my hand to help me stand up from the chair while Xiumin handed me the large bouquet of flowers. As the song ended and the screaming occurred I brought my mic to my face and feigned feeling faint - though how much of it was fake I do not know - as Amber climbed up the stairs to join us.

"Wow, what a performance! I feel like I just loved by some good looking men. Whoo! It's hot up here." I fan myself as I watch Amber walk towards me and chairs for all of us were brought out by the crew.

"Please introduce yourselves!"

"We are ONE! Hello, we are EXO!"

Cheers erupted once again as we wait for the ball machine to be brought out to us for the Q&A session. What happened next was a blur as I co-hosted with Amber filled with all kinds of fanservice as EXO answered questions written by the fans.

Then came the last question.

"Okay, here comes the last question! Do you wanna read it aloud, Linda?"

"Sure. Who is your ideal type? Aww, don't they get that all the time?"

"True, but ideal types could change couldn't they?"

"Okay, let's see! Who are your ideal types?"

The boys went one by one, but making sure to skip over Jongdae to have him last. A playful glint sparkled in all of their eyes, even Amber had the same mischievous look on her face. However, Jongdae seemed oblivious and answered the question.

"My ideal type are the fans!"

"Eyyy, Sehun already said that! You can't use the same answer."

"Is there a certain fan that stands out to you?" I glanced quickly over at Kai and saw that he was laughing with Sehun in their chairs. Everyone except for the audience, Chen, and I seemed to know what was going on at the moment.

"U-umm. Actually... there is! Noona!"

"Which noona? There are multiple noonas here at the event."

"L-Linda noona."

Screams erupted from the audience and stage as I was pushed by Amber to stand closer to Chen. She gave a good laugh and turned to the fans and I knew exactly what she was going to ask. By the time I realized what was going on I was too late to take her mic away from her, EXO had mics ready just in case.

"Hey fans! Do you remember who Linda said was her favorite EXO member?"

A chorus of "CHEN!" and "JONGDAE!" came from the audience and the other EXO members as I turn bright red and bury my face in my hands. Laughter could be heard from the members on stage as I felt a presence slightly bump into me, hands gingerly holding the sides of my arms.

"Are you okay?"

Sincere concern was coming from his lips as he heard the sound of sobbing coming from me. Although I wasn't crying for real it felt like I was dying on the inside. What kind of situation was this?

"No! This is such a weird way of confessing!"

"C-confessing?"

"Well yeah, you kind of just confessed to me by saying I was your ideal type..."

"Oh. I guess I did."

Jongdae put the microphone towards his lips and took in a deep breath. After a slight pause, he said a phrase that surprised everybody in the venue.

"Linda noona, I like you. Will you go out with me?"

"E-eh?!"

Screams came from everywhere, a scandal had just erupted! The blood rushed to my face so quickly my eyes felt like they were going to fall out of my face. I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. Was this real? (A/N: No, you're in a dream, honey. HAHA! jkjkjk moving on)

"BBO BBO HAE!"

"What?!"

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

Chants of "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" flowed throughout the venue and I felt a slight push at the back to step closer to Jongdae. I couldn't bear looking at him at the moment and only looked away from him.

"Give us a small 5 second kiss!"

"Amber that's not a small kiss!"

"Do it anyway! We're rooting for you!"

"Wha- oh god."

I bury my face into my hands again until I felt a slight touch at my elbow. I look up to find a searching pair of eyes, worrying about my well-being and if this needed to stop. I gave him a look asking if all of this was okay and he replied with a smile clearing all of my doubts out of my head. My vision became dark as I felt lips pressed against mine and an arm wrap around my waist pulling me closer to him. The other hand cupped my face as I gripped his shirt, unsure of what to do since there were people watching us. Faint counting could be heard but I only felt the body pressed against mine, lips playing with mine expressing the pleasure of having me in his arms. The count of 5 came and we pulled apart, but his arms continued to be around mine, kissing my forehead before giving me a full-fledged hug.

"Looks like you've got yourself a scandal." I whispered, hugging him back with all my might.

"Looks like you've got yourself a boyfriend."

"Shut up, no I don't. I never said yes."

Jongdae released me from his embrace and stared at me in confusion. Realization dawned on him as he began to panic a little, realizing that he had kissed someone before she even said yes. Seeing his freak out made me laugh a little, and I pecked him on the lips then looked into his eyes.

"My answer is yes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Euuuuuung!!!! It's DONE! Although I'm still somewhat rejecting the idea, the lindae ship has been released into the ocean. The SSLindae, as shimshimchorva (I don't know your name! I'm sorry.) calls it, has sailed. UGH! NO! Dang it. I hope you're happy Alex and Kristin. Haha!

THIS ISN'T THE END OF IT THOUGH! As mentioned earlier I've been working on the Epilogue and will release it soon! As of right now I still have 3 scenes left to finish. Hopefully it'll be done by Friday! As I promised Alex, I will be releasing a sequel (though the first chapter will star her and Luhan ;)) so let me know if there's anything you would like me to write about! (scenarios will be accepted) I will... do my best. *sobs*