Empty

ALIVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EMPTY

Jiyong’s POV

 A ghost – that was what I could see in the mirror. The figure in the reflection seemed to be foreign. I couldn’t have guessed it was my own.

“How many years have passed since I last saw myself in the mirror? When did I last truly look at myself?” I whispered to myself.

My hair is now blonde. It used to be black. How many hairstyles did I have these past years? My cheek bones have become sharp. My face was skinnier to what I remember. What did I eat to become like this? Did I eat at all? My eyes were bloodshot too. I couldn’t believe how deep they are now. When was the last time I had a good sleep?

Looking at my reflection now, I knew I have changed. So many things have happened but I couldn’t recall the events at all. It was as if I spent my days in a blur. I was living and at the same time I was not.

Right now, I may be living a somewhat decent life but I am still far from being free. I feel like both my hands and feet are cuffed. I may be doing what I wish yet the thing I want the most is impossible. It’s impossible for me to leave.

I noticed my eyes were b with tears. I quickly wiped them away. “Crying doesn’t suit someone like me,” I chuckled coldly.

My phone suddenly rang its alarm. It’s almost time for it eh? I looked at my clothes; they were the same clothes I wore last night. A sad smile formed on my face.

I could faintly smell his scent. A tingling kind of sensation spread throughout my body. Memories from last night came crashing down on me in an instant. His voice, his laughter, his hold, his hands, his kisses, and his warmth – I remember all of them. They were etched into my mind.

Kim Jinwoo – that was his name. He was younger than me by four years. Who would have thought I’d fall for someone so young? I stood frozen with my line of thought. “I fell for him?” I said incredulously. I shook my head at my own silliness. “Impossible,” I told myself.

Look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter