Drunk

ALIVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DRUNK

Jiyong’s POV

I blankly gazed at the person staring right back at me. He was in his mid-twenties and he was extremely handsome; well-dressed, nice cheekbones, a charming smile, a cute button nose, and a pair of light brown eyes. He was attractive – jaw-dropping kind of gorgeous – but there was definitely something more to him. He was honestly a sight to behold.

His eyes were the most prominent of his features. They were captivating, they were alluring and they were clearly swirling with so many emotions.

An unamused chuckle escaped my lips. “You’re thinking too much, Jiyong,” I mumbled to myself.

I blinked a few times and stared back at the person, a sad and woeful smile adorning my face.

 “You still smile despite your broken state?” I asked myself.

I shook my head and downed another shot of whiskey, my face contorted as the horrid liquid sloshed down my throat. I nodded to the bartender for another shot.

I had honestly lost track of time. I had no idea if it’s morning, noon, or night, or maybe even dawn. I just knew I had been drinking for a very extensive amount of time.

As far as I remember, I entered the club after filing my witness report in the precinct. I wasn’t supposed to go drinking to be honest. I was supposed to watch over the shop today but something in me clicked, or maybe broke was the perfect word.

A smug and arrogant smirk then crossed my mind. I violently pushed the image away, my heart constricting in pain. Another shot of whiskey had gone down my throat.

The memories of this morning came back to me in waves, mocking me and haunting me like the plague.

Mino’s warning, his sardonic comments, and his ever so haughty smirk – I couldn’t erase them from my mind.

His words reverberated in my thoughts too.

‘I am his boyfriend. I am his partner. I am his lover.’

I could still clearly see the way his lips curled up into a smirk as he said that. And I could still feel the way my heart shattered, the way my world seemed to have stopped right there and then.

‘I am happily and lovingly together with Kim Jinwoo.’ His voice endlessly echoed in my mind.

My fists unconsciously clenched and unclenched as I thought of Jinwoo in his arms. The way his lips would meet the other’s bare skin, the way his warmth would slowly spread as they lay in bed, the way his eyes would stare at the other with passion and lust, the way he would moan his name instead of mine as he’d reach his – I couldn’t take it at all.

I stared at the person again. “Why are you so affected?” I whispered. “Why are you still thinking of him?”

I shook my head and downed yet one more shot. My head snapped up and stared at the person square in the eyes. “Do not think of him,” I mumbled over and over, determination swelling inside of me.

Jinwoo’s face then invaded my mind. My breath hitched as I remembered everything.

The way his eyes lit up when he laughed and the way my heart flipped when I heard his melodious mirth, the way his arms held me securely and possessively when he took me, the way his eyes darkened with lust yet swirled with pure seriousness, the way his soft lips tenderly and languidly kissed mine, the way fingers gingerly caressed my skin and the way he warmed both my body and heart – every little bit of our memories together was like an agonizing stab to my heart.

“But alas! He has a boyfriend now!” I scoffed to myself.

With another shot of whiskey, I drowned out my sorrows.

“You deserved this, Jiyong. You deserve every stab, every cut, every pain you are feeling right now,” I mumbled as I shook my head.

“This was your consequence for being reckless.”

 

Jinwoo’s POV

My eyes widened into large discs as I stared, bewildered, at the sight in front of me. When Sungjoo asked me to go out drinking earlier

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter