Chapter 2

Save me

"Jaehyun is so cute! He has your eyes ________." You smiled at the sight of Lee Hannah, your best friend of 6 years playing with Jaehyun on your bed. She was the only one there for you when your dad died.

"He has your piggy nose too!" She giggled.

"Hey!" You said as you gave her a playful shove. You both laughed.

"Did I ever thank you and your parents for everything?"

"More than a million times, _________."

You grabbed her hand. "I just want you guys to know how grateful I am."

Hannah looked at you seriously. "We can still help, you know. You don't have to work at the club. My parents can give you money for the babysitter and the formula and the pampers and stuff."

"No Hannah, your parents have helped enough. Anything more and I would just be a burdun. Besides, your parents have too many mouths to feed between you and your 4 sisters."

Hannah sighed. "I know we aren't the most financially stable family in the galaxy, but..we can still help you.

You looked down. "I need to keep my job for Jaehyun and for your parents."

Hannah looked confused. "Why my parents?"

"I intend on paying back every penny. I already have some money saved up."

"Ugh you're so stubborn."

"But you still love me." You said cutely.

"I do." She stayed quiet for a bit. "You don't have to have... with anybody..right?"

"I don't have to have , Hannah." You reassured her.

She stood up and sighed a sigh of relief. "Ah that's good." She stretched her arms. "What time is it?"

You checked your phone. "7:22."

"Oh I got to go! Night school is calling my name!"

You stood from the bed where Jaehyun was lying with his toys.

"Yes go! Make me proud!"

"Ofcourse anything for you." Hannah hugged you tightly. "Anything. Remember that."

"Thanks. Now go before you're late." You let go of her.

Hannah pinched Jaehyun's cheeks. "Bye baby!" Jaehyun smiled and showed his cute baby gums.

You picked up Jaehyun and walked Hannah to the door. "Bye. Love you guys!"

"Love you too!" You locked the door and headed back to your room. You wanted to read and play with Jaehyun the few hours you had until you had to go to work.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

You dropped Jaehyun off at the babysitter and went to work, same as every night for the past 3 weeks.

You were doing your make-up in the mirror before you had to put on your ty outfit. In front of the long mirror in the dressing room, you saw your disgusting reflection. You didn't want this, but it pays well and you need all the money you can get. Raising a child is expensive. You just stood there, dreading the moment when you would have to go on stage and expose yourself to a bunch of low-lives.