Chapter I: First Day

Really?

"Seoul School of Performing Arts" Reading off the sign in the front gate. ‘So this is my new school huh?’ you thought to yourself.

"You there! Student, why are you so late?!?!" a middle age men shouted coming towards the gate. You looked around you before replying, "Me?" asked surprised. "Yes you! Why are you late for class? Did you not hear the bell?" he shouted.

"I’m sorry, I’m a new student and today’s my first day, I didn’t realize I was la--" He interrupted you, “Oh~You must be Shin Sooyun. I’m sorry for the rude welcoming, It’s honor to have you attend our school. I’ve heard great things about you! Let me introduce myself, I’m Mr.Yoon, the principle of this school, let me take you to the main offi     "

He suddenly looked behind you, "CHOI JUNHONG!!!” He shouted. Following his gaze toward the front gate, coming in was tall boy with brown hair, a lollipop in his mouth and riding on a skateboard. He stops right beside you,

"Morning Sir~" He said taking his lollipop out of his mouth "Don't you 'Morning sir' me, this is your second late this week, this is not how the student of this school is suppose to behave!" Mr.Yoon scolded the boy. He switch his attention back to you, "Miss.Shin, please follow me to the main office to get everything you'll need, and YOU," he pointed at the boy, "follow me too." 

Following behind Mr.Yoon in silence, you notice the occasional glances you've receiving from the boy. When you reached the office Mr.Yoon went in and told both of you to wait out in the hall. You stood on one side of the door while he stood on the other side. This is so awkward... you thought to yourself but you can feel the boys gaze. You looked over at him catching him off guard, his cheeks developed a pink tint and he looks away. Your lips formed a grin do to his shyness, he actually seem more like the cocky type at first. Mr.Yoon come back to call both you and the boy into the office, once inside the tall boy was called to one of the teacher's desk and you followed Mr.Yoon to the sitting area, "Now, Miss.Shin," You interrupted him, "You can call me Sooyun, Mr.Yoon."

"Jah, then Sooyun-Ssi, here is your class scheduel and the textbooks you'll need, I believe everything else has already been picked up before hand, yes?" You nodded your head, "Okay, then you can make your way to your class now, I can have Junhong show you the way," The tall boy looked over at the mention of the name. He open his mouth to protest, "and he wouldn't get a punishment for his lates this week." he finish loudly, sending both of you out the door. 

You two walked down the hall in silence...

You trailed behind him with your hands full with all the textbooks you've recived earlier, balancing the heavy load in your arms you can't see ahead of you and resulting in you bumping into the boy infront of you dropping all your textbooks on the ground with a loud thump, the teacher from the near by classroom came out to check what might have happened. You bow to her in apology for your disruption and she return to the class, shuting the door behind her. "You okay?" coming from the tall boy who is now looking at you.

"Yeah...sorry about running into you..." You said kneeling down to gather your fallen textbooks, he kneeled down in front of you to help gather them. "It's okay....I'm Junhong by the way....but you can call me Zelo."

"I'm Sooyun, Shin Sooyun." You said smiling at him while he handed you the rest of the textbooks. He waited for you to balance them before contiuning down the hall. "Kim seonsaeng-nim is sort of strict, so try to get on his good side." he warned before stopping in front of a classroom with the number '3-2' on the front. He opens the door and bow to the teacher, then continue inside to his seat. "CHOI JU     " The seonsaeng begins but stopped when he notice your presence at the door. You step in the classroom and the bow to the teacher.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Shin Sooyun, its nice to meet you. It's my first day today and I've been put into your class." You can hear the whispers and stares coming from the students. "Welcome, Sooyun-Ssi, I have been expecting your arrival, you can take a seat over there." He said pointing at the desk at the very back beside the window. While walking there, you caught glances from your new classmates.

'They seem.....nice.....?' you thought to yourself...


 

Walking out the school gates, you let out a sigh that you weren't aware you were holding. Being alone on the first day wasn't exactly unexpected, but the uncomfortable stares you're getting is. Taking headphones out, you put them in your ears to distract yourself and start heading home. You didn't realize where you were going till you ran into someone and drop all of your textbooks  "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to        "

"Watch it would you!" shouted a girl who is dress in the same school uniform as you. "Sorry, I couldn't see where I was going...." you said kneeling down to pick up your books. She is about to say something when she look behind you, following her gaze you saw the boy from this morning, Junhong, he's riding his skateboard heading towards your direction.

You turn back to face the girl and to your surprise, she is now on the same level as you, picking up your remaining textbooks. "Here you go~" she said in a fake tone, while handing the textbooks over. You hesitated to take it from her. "Tha       " she interrupts you again, "Hey Zelo~" she said in a cheery tone, "Whats up?" greeting the boy while pushing pass you. Gathering all your textbooks you didn't bother staying behind to listen to their conversation.

You continue to walk till you turn into your street. You weren't aware that someone is behind you till you heard someone crash into a lamppost from behind you. Turning around to find a awkward Junhong, rubbing the back of his head and looking around trying to look natural. You turn back around to continue walking. You can see he is still following behind you from the occasional glances you took, and he's getting closer. You suddenly stop and turn around to face him. "....Umm....why are you following me?" asking him directly.

He got taken aback by your blunt question. He points down the street "I live there." you look towards the direction he is referring to, and realize he meant the house beside yours. "Oh....sorry....I didn't know...." you said and begin to continue your way. "Wait," he said catching up beside you, "Do you live around here...?" he finish. "Yeah, I actually live right next to you." replying to his questions while struggling to keep your books balance. Without a word he took all your books out of your hands and started walking.

"Wait, Junhong-Ssi, you don't have to        " he turns back around to face you and you bump into the books that stands between you two. "Just call me Zelo," he said. "Okay....um....Ze-Zelo-Ssi, you really don't have to hold it for me." You said reaching for them on the bottom and end up touching his hand. "Sorry." You apologized quickly pulling your hands back.He takes one of the books on top and hands it to you, "Here, now I'm not holding all of it, lets go~"

You took the book from him, "No really..." you begin to protest, but he already started walking again. You caught up to him and continue to walk the short distance to your house. "Sooo....how you liking the school?" he said breaking the silent. "Its alright," you said looking down at the ground, "the people seem....nice...." you said, but the incident with that girl after school is still lingering in your mind.

"They are nice once you get to know them," he said as though he sense the hesitance in your tone "they're just a awkward towards new people. It'll be better tomorrow trust me." He finish with confidence. You continue walking beside him till he suddenly stop. "This is your house right?" he pointed. "Huh...Yeah,"  You said looking up, "Thanks for your help." He hands your book back to you and continue to his house.

Trust him.....

 


Author's Note: 

안녕하세요~So....how is it....? I hope you liked it~

I will try my best to update as often as possible,

Please subscribe and leave me some comments~Thanks for Reading!!!