Missing & Longing

No Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2: Missing & Longing


How Their Looks Has Changed (in the story) :
Song Jieun: Years Ago

Song Jieun: Now


Jung Daehyun: Years Ago

Jung Daehyun: Now

 

Years Later...

- Daehyun's Side -

My selfishness that couldn’t let you go
turned into an obsession that imprisoned you.

The faucet dripped water repeatedly. Daehyun held a glass of wine on his right hand, spilling it all of the floor. He was drunk. The house smelled like alcohol all over.

Suddenly a pair of hands were wrapped around his body. "Jagiya..." whispered a seductive voice of a woman.
Daehyun groans furiously, pushing the woman away. "Jagiya..." she whispered again. Daehyun start hallucinating, hearing the voice of Jieun and seeing her face on the woman.

Why am I a fool, why can’t I forget you?
You’re already gone.

"Jieun..." he murmured quietly.

The woman pressed her lips on Daehyun's, realizing that it wasn't Jieun he quickly shoved her off. "What are you doing?!" he shouted angrily at the woman, getting up and then falling back down. "GET OUT!" he stormed, then throwing the glass of wine at the wall besides her. The woman quickly grabbed her bags and rushing out the door. "Arasso. Crazy namja." she rolled her eyes and shut the door behind her close.

Daehyun remained where he is, on the ground and crying quietly to himself. It's already been four years since he has last seen Jieun. The two has lost all contact with each other ever since she left.

Photos of the two fell to the ground, splattered all over. Daehyun cried bitterly to himself, reaching out to a picture of her.

Your eyes, nose, lips
Your touch that used to touch me,
to the ends of your fingertips.
I can still feel you.

His hand fell as he held onto the photograph of her smiling face; then whispering the words that has been haunting his heart, "I miss you."
Once again he hallucinated, he sees her in front of him then bending down to caress his hair. "You're a wreck." she murmured, then looking at him with a saddened face.
He didn't say anything, instead just taking his hand and placing it on hers which was caressing his hair. "I'm like this because of you..." he whispered painfully, feeling a tear in his eye.
"You said you'll be fine Daehyun-yah." Jieun said softly as she leaned down to embrace him tightly. "I lied." he whispered in her ear, tears falling non-stop down his face.

Jieun kissed his forehead gently, then hugging him tightly again.

"I need you... Jieun. Stay by my side forever." Daehyun sobbed. "Daehyun-yah... I'm always with you, in your heart." Jieun disappeared suddenly, his hallucination ended. Daehyun fell back to the ground and gripping onto the photograph of Jieun tightly, crumbling it. Tears fell like raindrops from the sky, he screamed his pain out.

No matter how much he had tried to move on, he could never get himself to forget about Jieun.
Daehyun turned into a playboy right after Jieun had left him. From girl to girl, keeping him company for him to forget about Jieun. Constantly he tries to love another, but the thoughts of Jieun and the memories they've shared had always came back to bring guilt into his heart.

Remembering her last words to him before leaving, "Forget about me Daehyun-yah."

"I just can't seem to... No promises, Jieun-ah."

He passed out on the floor in exhaustion.

- Jieun's Side -

The bell rung, Jieun placed her books in her backpack.

"Class, make sure you turn in all your work by the next day if not... you will fail." the teacher warned the students.

Jieun headed up-front to conversate with the teacher. "Uhm.. Mrs. Lee, I was just wondering when the second semester will end."

"Ahh, Miss Song the second semester will end in two days. You've been doing very well so far, keep it up. Maybe you'll graduate in the top 5% of the class."

Jieun smiled, she nodded happily. "Thank-you Mrs.Lee."

"What do you plan on doing for the break coming up?" Mrs. Lee asked curiously.

Jieun's smile faded almost immediately. "No plans. I guess I'll just study more, then return for my last year here."

"You're not going back to Korea to visit any relatives?"

Jieun's mind is left blank and empty.

"I gotta go teacher." Jieun walked out the class in silence.

She wandered back into her dorms, her luggage rest peacefully in the dark corner of her room.

Hyosung, Jieun's roommate, whistles a familiar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter