The Last Coupon

the prince and the gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Hi yah! Sorry for the long wait. I’ve been busy… I’ve just finished watching some Kdramas (Super Dad Yeol is great), read books I bought that is filing up (I’ve finished Insurgent and Allegiant) and my third book is out! (Yipee!) Okay, enough of that!

I wanted to thank Trey Desu for her suggestions of the guy who would portray as Sunwoo’s last minute love rival. She gave me selections… And the winner is… *drum rolls* Nam Joo-hyuk!!! He’s the guy on School 2015: Who are you (I did my research. I don’t know who he was. His name is not familiar to me. I haven’t seen the drama School 2015 although I love Kim So Hyun.) Looking at his Wiki, I’ve found out that he was in Surplus Princess. He’s the one who portrayed Kim Seul-gi’s BIG Park Dae Bak! I love their love story in there. So, here he is, in his cameo role in my fanfic. 

I hope you guys enjoy the last Chapter. Please forgive me if there's some error in this chapter. I was sleepy while typing it last night. I should post it last night but when I was about to save it, my connection is out. Haha. Thank you so much for reading and being patient waiting for my updates. Until next time folks! But please do leave some comments that will serve as our parting message. Thank you!

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Kim Nana did not need to force herself to smile at the joke his cousin Nam Joo-hyuk just made. He was a natural. He was an adorable dork and she love him for that.He should be a clown instead of a business man. Joo-hyuk Oppa is the son of her mother’s brother. He was two years older than her and although they don’t see each other that much, they were really close, for he too, is an only child.

She already told him about her problem. At first, he thought that she’s really dating Seolchan. It takes her the whole day to explain to him what her real situation was and let him agree on her plan. Her plan was so simple. If Sunwoo sees her with another guy, he would think that she already moved on. And if she’s happy, she wouldn’t look as miserable as she feels. And Sunwoo won’t pity her. 

Pity. That was the best word to describe what Sunwoo’s feeling for her. He was just using the last coupon as an excuse to make her feel better. She knew he was a nice guy, after all. She was wrong of thinking Sunwoo doing something harsh on her. But thinking of it last night, it would be easier if Sunwoo would be harsh. It would be easier if Sunwoo would tell her to ‘get lost’ and ‘to stop dreaming’. But Sunwoo is not like that. She wanted to end her feelings for him quickly if that was possible. And treating her nicely is not a good move for him. 

If he was nice to her, she might fall for him harder. That’s not good. This is the last coupon. They should separate after this. But what if after the last coupon, she would fall into a love swamp and couldn’t get out. No! That should never happen. She should just void the last coupon. 

This was the only solution in her mind.  Sunwoo told her last night that he will pick her up today at their noraebang house. After thinking her situation and feelings carefully, he called Joohyuk and forced him to get there. 

Nana and Joo-hyuk Oppa were out there in the lobby purposely so that when Sunwoo came, it will be impossible for him not to see them. Ahjussi was against on what she was doing to Sunwoo but Nana wasn’t convinced at what Sunwoo felt according to Ahjussi.

And the show is on. Nana saw how Sunwoo’s smile went out after he saw them. She was sure he was pissed. Is it jealousy, perhaps? But she doesn’t think it is. She pretended not to see Sunwoo and laughed at Joohyuk Oppa. Her cousin seem to got her message that the show is already on.

“That’s funny, right?” Joohyuk Oppa caught her right hand and swings it, trying to be cute.

She laughed. The way he says it and the way he’s acting was really funny. “Ne, Oppa.”

But her laughter was stopped when Sunwoo stole her hands from Joohyuk. She was surprised that he did that. She was expecting to see him leave quietly and understood what’s going on. But he just pulled her away without saying anything. His gritted teeth tells her he was really angry.

“Ya!” Nana shouted at him but he did not seem to hear. “Let me go!” She tried to break free from him but his grip on her hands is so strong.

“Ya!” she heard Joonhyuk’s loud voice from behind. “Let uri Nana go!”

Sunwoo’s grip tighten. 

“Apa,” Nana cried. She pulled her hand again but it’s no use.

 Sunwoo stopped for a while and looked at her. His facial expression has softened a little after looking at her and he loosen his grip a little. His eyes was pleading but she don’t understand what he want. Then, he continued pulling her. And she just let him.

They reached the door entrance where Sunwoo’s car was parked nearby. He opened the passenger’s door and she got in without saying anything. Is it his eyes that made her follow what he wants? Hmm… Maybe.

He closed the door for her and went at the driver’s seat. He started the engine and drive right after he enters the car. Nana sits there quietly. She chewed her lower lips thinking what would happen now and massaged her wrist that Sunwoo held too tight earlier.

Minutes had passed and the two of them just sit there in silence. No one seems to break it. In Nana’s side, she  just don’t know what to say and maybe her brain is too preoccupied of thinking  what he’s thinking right now. Looking at Sunwoo’s face, she knew he’s trying hard to control his anger. But why is he angry anyway? Shouldn’t he become happy seeing her moving on? Isn’t it the reason why he’s using this coupon anyway? To let her move on?

“Who’s that guy?” Sunwoo asked, sounding a little angry moments later. If she wan’t wrong they were heading on Mr. Han’s home. They’re just few blocks away.

“Joohyuk Oppa,” Nana answered.

“I don’t care about his name! Who is he? And why do you call him Oppa?”

“What is it with you?” she asked instead of answering.

“I thought we had our understanding last night.”

“Well, I don’t understand anything at all,” she couldn’t help herself from answering back. “Are you mute or something? You’re really confusing me. I’m tired of assuming things. Why don’t you just tell me directly what you want from me?”

Sunwoo didn’t answer but he stopped the car. Looking outside of the window, she had seen Mr. Han’s house. She opened the car’s door and walked out. She pushed Mr. Han’s gate. It wasn’t lock so she entered. As they weren’t aloud inside the house when they were there years ago, she headed in the basement.

This basement is a very memorable place for Nana. This is where she and Sunwoo had their first duet together, where she spent days alone with him, Sunwoo teaching her how to play guitar although she already mastered it, where he caught her dancing, and where he broke her heart. She smiled bitterly as she remembered that last moment they were alone together. Is this why they were here? To broke her heart for the second time in the same place? This is too much!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter