The Plan

Mistaken for a Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

The Plan

 

Kai paused in the middle of his changing to see the boy rush out of his room in a mad dash, hands pushed up against his cheeks. He didn't know why he was acting that way. Kai still lingered on the thought of his host being gay, but he chose not to dwell on that assumption in case it wasn't true. It might just make his stay extra uncomfortable. 

When he had come to this small home, Kai was quite unnerved by the difference in size in comparison to his own mansion. The house was not decrepit or old and looked fairly new. It exuded a feeling of warmth and enclosement similar to huddling up in a small closet during a thunderstorm, unlike his big and empty house that always made him feel lonely and isolated. A small pathway led up to a maroon colored door that had gold number engravings. He wasn't sure what the inside would look like, but already the house welcomed him with its cozy exterior. 

When the door opened to reveal his host that he would be living with for a while, Kai was momentarily taken aback. The boy was rather young-looking, around his late teens perhaps, and donned a face that screamed, "KYEOPTA!" He had a very stubby nose that was as small as a button and had dark, black eyes that reflected its beholder like a mirror. Kai didn't even notice the baggy sweats and hoodie that he wore or the fact that the boy was quite the opposite of his physique. While Kai was lean and fit, he was fat and fatter. 

All Kai could notice was the light shining off the boy's shining, commercial-like black hair and his twinkling eyes that he could see himself in. 

And that his face was as red as the stoplight. 

Now that he thought about it, Kai was a bit rude to intrude so impulsively into his host's home without a proper introduction. It wasn't that he didn't want to; he was just quite a bit surprised at how young the boy was. He had expected somebody a little older and less....teen-looking? If it wasn't for his current situation, he would have immediately reconsidered staying with someone who looked like he might need Kai to babysit him.

And Kai was also dead tired from traveling and stress in general, and he didn't really feel like he was in the mood to introduce himself and the like. He just wanted to go put his stuff down and probably take a shower. He would save the greetings for later. His mind told him that the boy was going to have a lot of questions and he didn't feel like answering them at the moment. 

He would wait for later. And maybe then Kai could ask for the guy's name too. He had been curious about that actually.

Kai continued to remove the rest of his clothes and when he had completely stripped down, he sauntered out of the room and into the bathroom across from the kitchen. On the way, he noticed that the living room was empty. Seeing as how everywhere else was also deserted, he assumed the boy had stepped outside. 

When he stepped into the small bathroom, the layout took him by surprise. Actually, everything about the host and his home had been throwing him curves today. The walls of the bathroom were a pasty yellow with little serpentine swirls. A single pink towel hung on the rack right beside the immaculate, white bathtub, and on its side lay two bottles of soap and shampoo. Everything was so condensed that Kai almost felt squashed in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter