Party

Under the same moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Leah

 

Two day passed and it's already Saturday. 
I went out with Marie to find something to wear at the party because I don't really have anything. 
After searching for hours my hatred for shopping came out and I bought a simple top to wear with jeans. 
She wasn't happy and told me that no boy was going to notice me, the most lovely thing I heard since now. 
Yeah, since now.

"Mom wants to talk to you, she's on the phone right now." 

She passed me the phone. "Mom?"

"How are you? Better?"

A lot, now that I have said everything. "Yeah, dad is still there?"

"No, he returned to California with Jay yesterday."

"That boy, he didn't even said goodbye! I'm going to kill him!"

But seems like she wasn't in the mood for my lame joke. "Leah, the thing that happened the other evening isn't going to happen again, you heard me? We were trying to do something good and you went too far with your opinion, even if something was true you can't talk to him like that. He's still your father and-"

Enough. "Ok, now I have other things to do so maybe we can talk another day, uh? Bye mom."

I hung up and Marie is standing there with a apologetic face. 

"What's with the long face? It's nothing."

"You know, I'm angry with him too, I just can't find the courage to do anything. You always do what you want without being afraid and I really admire you. You stand up for me, for mom, for Jay and say things that we can't, but isn't it a lot? You shouldn't take the entire weight of the world on you."

"What you're saying is cute, but I'm not doing anything special. It's my duty to protect my family, I'm doing it lightheartedly so don't worry too much."

She nods, and I really hope that she's believing me, she's just too nice and I don't want her to be worried for me. 

"Let's go, I have my clothes and everything."

We go toward the exit when I stop abruptly. "Wait! I forgot! Marie, there's a shop that sells motivation? I need a kg of it!"

Mission for cheering up Marie: done. She slaps my shoulder while grinning. "Nope, but maybe you can find it if you use a bit your brain!"

When I reach home it's already late and I really need to be quick, Hyungseok said that he was going to pick me up at nine and it's already eight.
I go around with Nina following me like a shadow while looking for my eyeliner, one of the very few things I have for my make-up.
I straighten my hair before so now I only need to dress.
I hear my phone ringing in my room and when I find it under the pillow I wonder why the hell I'm so untidy. 
It's a text from Chaerin. 

 

 

 

Pft, can you all just let me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter