Diamond and Apple

HUMALIEN

Suho and Soojng was playing in front of their mother who was watching television with her husband. It was holiday and they have absolutely no intention to go to a vacation. The weather was too hot outside. The sun was blazing. Choco and her family also promised to visittheir house.

The bell rang. Maru immediately got up and open the door. He was preparing something for Eungi, and the surprise cam with Choco.

“Light the candles…” Maru giving command. “Balli, before she noticed.”  Maru peeked on Eungi who was still focused on television.

Maru walk to the closet near the entrance. He took a gift he had hidden between the shoes. Indeed a bit sloppy, but that’s the safest place and will not be found by his wife. They walked together after the preparation was done. Each were wearing a birthday hat. Like a surprise for a kindergarten kids. The number candle stuck in the cake was lighted. The light burning the ‘35’ candle that was stuck prettily above Eungi favorite cheese cake. Park Dasom help Jaegil carrying three large box of chicken from chicken restaurant nearby.

“Saengil cukha hamnida… saengil cukha hamnida.. saranghaneun uri Eungi. Sangeil cukha hamnida…” They sing the song as they slowly reached the room where Eungi and the children be.

Suho and Soojung rose and joined their father to sing a birthday song for Eungi. She can’t help herself to not be surprised by this. Maru is good at hiding it this time. Maru’s surprise for her last year was failed because she found her gift first, also found the receipt from cake purchase. He did good today, even pretended that there was nothing today.

“Make a wish…” Maru brought the cake near his wife to make Eungi easier to blow. The smoke from the candles flame blown vanished with the air. Choco put a hat each for Suho, Soojung, and Eungi as well.

Each one of them giving their gifts for Eungi. Even Suho prepared his painting –which he made with his father in the studio- to Eungi.

Maru took his gift from Jaegil. “Here your birthday gift. Happy birthday.” Eungi took the little blue box and opened it. Her eyes catch a platinum ring with 9 carat weigh diamond on it. It’s so eyecatching.

“Aeeekkkkkk….” Soojung suddenly cried after her mother opened the box.

“Wae Soojung-ah?” Eungi close the box and carried Soojung, tried to calm her down. But Soojung cry more. The little girl pointed the box that has just laid on the table. everyone saw Soojung and the box.

Maru took the box and opened it in front of Soojung. The 3-years-old girl cries stopped instantly, her eyes looks so big in front of the diamond ring.

“Omo.. Soojung-ah, do you like this diamond ring?” Soojung laugh like a kid who just got a new toy.

“Eomma.. eomma..” Suho tugged Eungi gently.

“Hm?”

“Krystal…”

“Huh?”

“Let’s call Soojung, Krystal. She seems to like diamonds. And Krystal is beautiful name.” Maru tried to explain what Suho mean. “Ahhh…” Eungi nodded, understanding.

==

Small Kyungsoo sitting in the back of Minjoon, horse riding. He burst out laughing happily. Songyi are ordering food for thei lunch. Her other hand were already busy holding a half eaten apple.

“Minjoon… Minjoon…” Songyi call Minjoon and shook the apple in front of him like she is going to fed a real horse. Teasing her husband.

“Give me the apple.” Minjoon put Kyungsoo down from her back and sat him beside. Songyi take an apple and threw it to Minjoon. Songy hand’s  strength  was out of control. The apple floated in full speed toward Kyungsoo instead of Minjoon.

“Look outtt…” She screamed.

Kyungsoo staring right at the apple. His hand raised, hie palm opened showing hie little finger. The apple fell right in front of him. Songyi and MInjoon opened their mouth wide in awe. What you have just done Kyungsoo?

Minjoon lifted his son. “Kyungsoo-ya, what did you just do?”

“Eob.. soo..shoooo…” Kyungsoo answer and play with the apple, play that thing like a plane.

“Minjoon what happened to Kyungsoo?” Songyi looked worried.

“Your son have alien blood.” Minjoon smiling. Kyungsoo inherited his strength but he’s growing as a human. That’s a relief.

“What? I live with two aliens?” Songyi swooning over her seat.

 

 

"... No taaa Atatata." Answer Kyungsoo. His hands were playing with an apple who just dropped.

"Minjoon, what happened to Kyungsoo?" Songyi looked worried.