Heartache

Fallen Angel

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sits silently on his bed as the early morning's sunshine sneaks into his room. A sigh escapes his mouth as he stares at the feather in his hand. He hasn't been able to fall asleep since last night and all he can actually think of is this very feather. Couldn't Baekhyun had stayed with them if he gave them one of his feathers? Didn't the angel woman tell him and Baekhyun that everyone is protected with this feather hidden somewhere in their home?

Chanyeol sighs as he forces himself to put away the soft white feather. He has to force himself to lay down on the bed and close his eyes to try to fall asleep again. Chanyeol tries his hardest to fall asleep on the bed, yet something is still keeping him awake. He hasn't slept anything during the whole night and he has tried to go to sleep for more than twelve times already. He just can't sleep.

Chanyeol sits up after 30 minutes of trying to go to sleep. It's just impossible for him, even though he feels tired or rather exhausted. He wants to sleep and he wants to let his exhausted body rest. But he can't, because his mind won't allow him to stop thinking. He can't stop wondering what is going to happen from now and on and how Baekhyun is doing. Is he alright? Is he being chased? Is he in safety?

Chanyeol sighs as he mumbles to himself and tries to calm himself, but he can't seem to calm himself down. Chanyeol looks up at the door as he starts to considering of leaving his room and try to find himself something to do. If he can do something and get all his current thoughts out of his head, then he might be able to go and sleep for an hour or two later today.

But before Chanyeol can even stand up, it knocks on his door. Chanyeol stares mostly surprised at the door as it gets opened slowly. Sehun peeks his head in and stares shocked at Chanyeol who stares right back at him. Sehun looks quite well, he must have slept well last night or at least more than what Chanyeol has.

 

Omo... H-Hyung...? I-Is that you...?”
“Don't mess me with Sehun-ah...”
“A-Are you alright? Are you dying or something?”
“I'm fine...”
“I will get Kyungsoo hyung right away.”
“I'm fine I said... I didn't get to sleep that much last night, that's all.”
“Do you want me to fetch you some coffee then?”
“No thank you... I will go downstairs myself.”

 

Sehun nods slowly, but he looks rather unsure if he should let Chanyeol walk on his own. Chanyeol gets up of his bed as he tries to not lose his balance. Okay, he's a little dizzy now but he doesn't want to stay in the room like this. He walks over to Sehun with quite steady steps as Sehun smiles weakly.

 

So... Did you sleep anything at all last night?”
“Not really...”

 

Sehun nods as he tries to hide his worried face. Chanyeol walks downstairs with Sehun in front of him. Sehun keeps sneak glances back at Chanyeol, to make sure that he's still okay. Chanyeol feels only tired and a little dizzy because he stood up a little to quickly, but else he feels fine. He's just fine.

 

Good morning guys.”
“Good morning Sehun-ah. Oh, good morning Chanyeol. Did you sleep well?”

 

Kyungsoo smiles kindly, but Chanyeol is pretty sure that they all can see that he did not sleep very well last night. Chanyeol forces a smile upon his lips before he sits down on his chair, beside Sehun who hurries to pour up some coffee for Chanyeol. Chanyeol nods thankfully to Sehun who smiles.

 

So, today we should take it easy. What about a movie? Or do you rather go out for a walk in this lovely weather?”

 

Kyungsoo smiles kindly as Chanyeol just smiles weakly, but he's not really in the mood to do anything. Suho and Kai exchange a glance before they clear their throats.

 

We thought that maybe we should just stay here for a couple of more days, since we all are here already and-”
“I would like to go home...”

 

Chanyeol finally opens his mouth as the others nod slowly. They're probably worried about him, but he's fine. He doesn't need them to worry about him, he just needs to go home and rest. If he takes it easy and comes up with something to do, then everything should be fine.

Which reminds him, he has to go back to work and school soon before they start to think that something really weird is going on. He called both work and school and told them that he has caught a flue and that he can't go to work or school for probably over a week. Well, he has been gone for over a week now, so he better try to get back to work and school soon again.

 

If that is what you want, then we won't stop you.”
“Do you want me to drive you home? I gladly do it if you want.”

 

Suho smiles his bright smile at Chanyeol who smiles thankful, but he's not sure how to reply to him. He doesn't know if he can stand a long car ride home with Suho. It might just remind him from last night and hurt him. No, he will take the bus home or something.

 

Thank you, but I will take the bus or something.”
“Yah, don't be shy now. I will drive you home.”
“I don't want to burden you.”
“You don't, despite I have a couple of errands I have to fix today anyway. Let's leave slightly before lunch, okay?”
“Until then, do you want to watch a movie?”

 

Kyungsoo is still trying to get Chanyeol to do something with them. Well, it can't hurt to watch a movie. He can sit and think as much as he wants in the couch anyway, it's not like he has to be all alone to think.

 

Sure, why not?”

 

Kyungsoo smiles happily as the others join him quickly, but Chanyeol can't force on a bright smile like them. He only smiles weakly at them before he sips on his coffee and chews a little on a small sandwich. He's not that hungry, but if he doesn't eat, the others will worry even more than what they already do. He can't allow them to worry more about him than this. But they don't have to worry, he's fine. He's totally fine.

 

***

 

So, would you like some tea before you leave?”
“I'm fine thank you.”
“Suho?”
“I don't think I should keep Chanyeol waiting.”
“Don't worry about me, go ahead and have a cup of tea.”
“Really? Then just a small cup thank you.”

 

Kyungsoo smiles as he prepares some tea in the kitchen. Kai and Sehun is back at playing video games and argues about which character is the best. Normally, Chanyeol would be like them and argue against them both. But not today.

 

Are you tired Chanyeol? Maybe we should get going before you fall asleep after all.”
“I'm fine, really. Take your time, it's not like I'm in a hurry anyway.”

 

Suho nods with a weak smile, but he's obviously worried about something. He's probably worrying about Chanyeol, but he's fine. He don't know how many times he has told them that he's fine and that they can keep doing whatever they want.

 

Ah, that's right, I haven't packed my things. How silly of me...”
“Oh, then go ahead and do so while I drink my tea.”
“I will come down shortly, I promise.”

 

Suho smiles as an reply before Chanyeol leaves the room. He's tired, his head feels heavy and his stomach hurts. No, he's fine, he's not feeling down. He shouldn't act like he's not fine when he's alright. This isn't something to get too upset about since there is nothing he can do about it. He should just get going, just like he always has done.

Chanyeol hurries to go upstairs and to his room. He finds himself a small bag where he can pack down his clothes. He packs down his phone charger as well and makes sure that he hasn't forgotten his phone itself. Then he gently grabs the feather that he got from Baekhyun. He can't stop himself from sitting down on the bed as he stare at the small white feather. It's so beautiful and soft. So... pure...

Chanyeol lost the track of the time while he stared at the feather. He can't pull himself out from his thoughts and he can't help himself feel his heart ache. He doesn't know why, but it suddenly hurts so much more. He knows that he can't change anything, he knows that all that has happened can't be fixed or changed. All he can do is to get himself together and move on.

 

Chanyeol? Are you in here?”
“Ah, yes, I'm right here.”

 

Chanyeol hurries to put the feather in his bag before he takes it with him and walks towards the door. Kyungsoo stands in the opening, his eyes are literally filled with worry. Chanyeol forces himself to smile as walks past Kyungsoo.

 

Hey Chanyeol... A-Are you really alright?”
“Mm? Ah, I'm fine.”
“You can stay here for a couple of more days if you would like that.”
“No, I'm fine. I want to go home anyway.”
“I see, then go on. Suho is waiting downstairs.”
“Thank you for everything, I see you around.”

 

Kyungsoo nods and smiles weakly before Chanyeol turns around and walks downstairs. He passes Kai and Sehun who smiles at him, but he can't get himself to smile as brightly as them. He just smiles weakly before he walks over to Suho who is smiling his normal happy smile. Chanyeol gets his things and leaves the mansion with Suho in the lead.

 

Kya, it's wonderful weather today. Don't you agree?”
“Mm, yeah, great weather...”

 

Suho tries to not sigh disappointed as he gets into the car. Chanyeol joins him quickly and closes the door as fast as he can. Suho takes his time to get his seat belt on and fires the car after a minute or two. Chanyeol tries to sit patiently on his seat without hurrying Suho. It's alright, he's totally fine anyway. He's not in a hurry and everything is fine.

 

***

 

Chanyeol stumbles into his apartment and closes the door with a light thud. He stares at the dark and untouched apartment. It looks just like it did when they left to go out the same day everything changed. A sigh sneaks out of Chanyeol's lips as he throws off his shoes and walks towards his bedroom. He passes the living room where Baekhyun's blanket and pillow is laying on the couch and a t-shirt on the floor, that Baekhyun also used.

Chanyeol switch his eyes away from the living room and into the kitchen, but it doesn't make anything better. Baekhyun used to stand in the kitchen and cook or bake while Chanyeol came home. He would greet him with a cute smile and offer him a cookie or tell him that dinner is ready.

Chanyeol picks up his pace quickly as he makes it into his bedroom. But even in here he can't stop his thoughts to go back to Baekhyun. Baekhyun could sneak into his room to fetch something or he would come in to clean it. It's weird to know that an angel has cleaned his room, which is also a quite funny thought. Chanyeol would have laughed at the thought of an angel cleaning his room if he wasn't this depressed.

A long and heavy sigh escapes Chanyeol's mouth as he drops his bag down onto the floor. The whole apartment is so silent and calm, it's actually annoying him. He hates this silence, he just wants it to disappear. He wants to hear sounds from the kitchen or the noises from the TV in the background. He wants to hear someone humming in the distance and listen to the beautiful melody.

Chanyeol feels how the last of his happiness slips out of him as he drops his body down onto the bed. He's so tired, yet he can't sleep. His mind keeps him awake and he can only think about Baekhyun. His wonderful smile, his cute humming, the sounds he makes and the fact to know that he was always around. He misses it all.

Chanyeol feels how tears well up and before he knows it, he's crying. It feels weird to cry like this. He misses Baekhyun so much and everything hurts. His heart feels broken, like someone has stabbed it over and over again with a knife and then tried to fix it, yet it can't be fixed. The only one who can fix it is Baekhyun.

 

The feather...”

 

Chanyeol hurries to sit up as he grabs his bag. He wipes away a couple of tears before he picks out the feather and gently holds it. This is the only thing he has left of Baekhyun, the only thing he might ever see of Baekhyun from now and on. It hurts, his heart hurts so much. What if he will never see Baekhyun again? What if he waits for Baekhyun and he never comes back?

Chanyeol feels scared. He doesn't want to think about those depressing thoughts. He hurries to get up and walks out to the living room. He gently puts the feather in a bookshelf by the couch, where Baekhyun used to sleep. Chanyeol carefully glances over at the couch as he spots the pillow and blanket Baekhyun had used.

A suddenly urge takes over Chanyeol as he walks over and sits down on the couch. He gently puts a hand on Baekhyun's pillow before he slowly lays down and rest his head against it. The scent of Baekhyun is still there, but it's weak. Yet it's enough to make Chanyeol cry again. Chanyeol hugs the blanket and closes his eyes. He misses Baekhyun so damn much...

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Where... are we going?”

 

Baekhyun asks as he follows the angel woman. His heart feels heavy and his mind feels messed up. Leaving Chanyeol just like that, it didn't feel right. He wants to turn back and go to Chanyeol. He wants to hug Chanyeol and stay in his warm arms. He wants to keep pretending that he's a human and live a human life with Chanyeol.

 

We're going to a holy place, were the demons won't be able to teleport to.”
“Will we really be safe there?”
“It's safer there than out here.”

 

Baekhyun nods slowly as he watches the ground they're flying over. The humans that sleeps in the houses and apartments have no idea what is going on. No one knows that there are demons here on Earth to hurt them, they only think about their own lives.

 

Humans are very unique, don't you think?”

 

Baekhyun looks up at the angel woman who's smiling towards the sky. Why is she smiling towards the sky like that? What did she mean with humans are very unique?

 

I don't seem to understand what you mean with unique. Can you explain?”
“Well... Humans are very unique. They are a combination of us angels and demons. Some humans do terrible things, like killing and hurting others. Other humans tries their best to help others, like doctors and firemen. Humans fight among themselves, they think that they're all alone on the planet and that they have to rule it. But, they're not alone. Humans are so complicated, sometimes it's hard to tell what they're thinking. Unlike us angels, there are many kinds of humans. There are so called bad ones and good ones, but there are nearly no bad angels or good demons.”
“But the angel man who I met, he wasn't a demon and he was-”
“A traitor, a bad angel. An evil one. I never said that they didn't exist, but they're extremely rare. There are very few bad angels and good demons, but they do exist.”
“I have lived among angels my whole life, yet I feel like this information is totally new to me. I don't understand why.”
“It's because no one has ever said such a thing or taught you something like that. It's only something the angels who travels to Earth gets to know.”
“Then... Why did you tell me this? I'm not supposed to be a guardian here, I just accidentally ended up here.”
“I told you because you're here now. You have seen humans and you have even met an evil angel, a traitor. What I told you isn't a secret, young one. What I told you is simply something we tell people who will travel to Earth. We don't want to give angels unnecessary information and worry them about their neighbor being a bad angel.”

 

Baekhyun nods silently as he stares up at the sky. It's beautiful up here. It feels like they're flying among the stars, just like in a fairytale. It wouldn't surprise Baekhyun if all this is just a dream and that he will wake up under the tree back at home.

 

The demons are back now, they're out here and are looking for us...”
“Are you... scared?”
“I can probably handle one of the demons, so I'm not too scared. But I don't take them lightly. They're quite powerful, to make Father open the gate for them to Earth like this...”
“D-Do you know how Father is doing? Is he alright?”
“He's alright, but tired. He was forced to use his powers so recklessly without warming up or preparing himself. He has a problem with opening the gate now when his powers are still weak. Though, the demons seem to have withdrawn from our home, which means that there shouldn't be any danger there for now.”
“I-It's my fault that he had to open the gate... I-I ended up being the hostage and... H-He opened it...”
“Don't worry, I'm not going to blame you for something like that. Right now, we should try to get you back home.”
“What about the demons? They can't be let out here on Earth like this.”
“Don't worry, as fast the gate gets opened, we will send in guardians to defeat the demons. But until then, we have to make sure that every angel here on Earth will be safe.”

 

Baekhyun nods silently as he follows the woman. His mind slowly travels back to Chanyeol as he feels his heart ache. He misses Chanyeol so much... To be honest, Baekhyun is scared. Without Chanyeol by his side, he feels insecure. This world is so big, he doesn't want to get lost in it. When he had Chanyeol by his side, he felt safe and secure. Now, he feels lonely and lost.

 

We're almost there, so please hang in there for just a little longer.”

 

Baekhyun nods silently as he makes sure to follow the angel woman. He doesn't remember if he ever asked for her name. Maybe now is a good timing to ask?

 

Uhm, excuse me, but I have never heard your name.”
“I'm Aphrodite, like the humans likes to call me.”
“A-Aphrodite, i-isn't that the name of the Greek goddess?”
“It is, but I'm not her. It's just a name I got after being here for a very long time.”
“I see... It's a nice name.”
“Thank you.”

 

Baekhyun follows the woman silently as he slowly drifts back to his thoughts. He wonders how Chanyeol is doing. Did he get home safely? Has he told the others that Baekhyun won't come back for a while? Is he alright? Baekhyun feels his heart aching as he holds back the tears, he can't cry now. He has to stay strong, for his friends sake and for Chanyeol. Even though his heart aches so much, he needs to stay strong.

 

 


Ayo guys! ^.^

So I'm back with a new chapter! *dancing for myself like a fool* ^.^

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and that you will stay tuned for the next chapter! Until then, please keep supporting me ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated and I hope you all enjoy reading this story! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3