Pain

Fallen Angel

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun! Baekhyun don't go! I-I'm sorry! Baekhyun! Please answer me!”

 

Chanyeol felt the fear and panic grab him. Was it him who... did this to Baekhyun? Was his words... too harsh? What have he done?! He didn't intend to kill Baekhyun, he just got mad and all the anger just streamed out of him. He has never felt such a thing before, it's actually scary how fast the anger streamed out of him.

 

Baekhyun... Baekhyun I'm sorry... Baekhyun...”

 

Chanyeol sat fast down beside Baekhyun's pale body that didn't move. Baekhyun lays with his hands over his chest like they tried to block something. Chanyeol let his hands touch Baekhyun's body as he felt the tears stream down for his cheeks.

 

B-Baekhyun... Baekhyun... Baekhyun, please wake up... Wake up... B-Baekhyun...”

 

Chanyeol felt the tears stream down his face as he couldn't help to feel scared. What has he done? What is he supposed to tell the others? That Baekhyun suddenly collapsed on the floor? Or that he killed him with his harsh words?

 

Baekhyun! Baekhyun wake up! Don't go, please don't go!”

 

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hands as he suddenly felt it, Baekhyun has a pulse. Chanyeol felt relieved for a second but then he begun to get worried again. Why did Baekhyun collapse? Was it really his words? Or was it something else that caused him to collapse?

 

Y-Yah, Chanyeol why are you scream-? W-Where is Baekhyun?!”
“Help me, quickly! He collapsed shortly after he stood up!”
“W-What?! S-Should we call a doctor?”
“Like they can help us out! He's not even human!”

 

Kai nodded as he helped Chanyeol to get Baekhyun back up on the bed. Chanyeol grabbed one of Baekhyun's hand gently as he took the pulse against Baekhyun's wrist. He still got a pulse. Baekhyun is okay, for now that is. But what is going on? What if... he's dying? What if the knife's cut truly was dangerous for him?

 

I-I will go and see if we can find something that can tell us what's wrong.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as Kai rushed out of the room and hurried away. Chanyeol rested his head against Baekhyun's chest as he wiped away some tears. Did Kai see the tears? Or did he focus on Baekhyun only? Chanyeol doesn't know, but right now it doesn't matter.

 

I'm sorry... I... I don't hate you... I don't want you to go... I love you... I love you Baekhyun... So don't leave me... I'm begging you... Don't leave me...”

 

Chanyeol held in the tears as he sat up straight and grabbed one of Baekhyun's hands instead. He sat there like a fool and just waited for a miracle to happen. But who knows what will happen in the end?

 

***

 

He has been like this for hours... W-What's wrong with him?”
“Don't worry... H-He's fine...”
“What if... he's dying?”
“He's not dying!”
“Everyone, calm down... I... I think I know someone who can help us.”
“W-Who?!”

 

Everyone stared at Chanyeol who hates to admit it, but he has to find that angel who wanted Baekhyun to join him. Chanyeol sighed a little before he looked at the others, it's time to tell them what has happened.

 

There was an angel who came by for a couple of days ago. He said he wanted Baekhyun to join him and the other few angels that are trapped here on Earth. They wants to find a way back home together, but Baekhyun never answered him if he would join them or not... And that angel said he would come by today again or rather Baekhyun said that the angel would come by today. He should come soon, but if he doesn't, I will try to find him.”
“And how are you supposed to find him? You're not an angel.”
“Did he say where you could find him?”
“N-No... But there must be someway to find him. I... I can't let Baekhyun die.”
“He's not dying... He can't be... He's an angel, they can't die-”
“They can... They're creatures just like us and they have lives too. They live and they die, that's the rule of life for every creature.”
“So... How do you plan to find this guy?”
“I will wait and see if he shows up, else I will start look after him. I know how he looks like and I might find him. He must be near since he sensed Baekhyun.”

 

The others nodded as Chanyeol sat down on a chair and watched Baekhyun in silent. He's pale, so pale so it hurts. Is he... truly dying? Why? Was it Chanyeol's fault? Did he happen to say something that went overboard?

 

A-Ah! A giant bird!”
“W-What?!”

 

Chanyeol looked at what Sehun pointed at outside the window, but it's not a bird they see, everyone know that. Chanyeol hurried to get up and opened the window before the big white wings came closer and soon a body appeared in their view, but it's not the young man who came. It's someone else.

 

Human, do you keep an angel with you?!”
“P-Please, h-he needs help!”

 

It's a woman. She's young and she looks rather different than what the young man did. Her wings looks more like light and her pale skin looks like she can go through walls. The angel hurried to get over to the window as Chanyeol stepped to the side and let her in. She saw Baekhyun and hurried over to him right away.

 

Am I too late? Have another angel been here with feather wings?”

 

The woman looked serious and for a second, Chanyeol felt the fear grab him. Didn't Baekhyun say that the man wouldn't hurt them?! Was he wrong?!

 

Y-Yes, a man was here for a couple of days ago-”
“Shoot, I was too late! Please, you have to give me some space or else I can't remove the spell.”
“W-What spell?”
“This man who looks like an angel isn't like the rest of us angels. He's a betrayer who looks like an angel, yet he has joined the angel. I got to hear that we got another angel trapped here on Earth and we had no idea about him until now. We happened to fly by and we saw the betrayer and then we sensed some of his magic remain here. We got worried and it was then we felt the presence of your angel here.”
“W-What kind of spell did the... betrayer put on Baekhyun?”
“I'm not very sure, but it's weakening him for sure. Have he been stabbed by a knife?”
“A demon knife yes.”
“I see, maybe that's the reason why the betrayer found him. His job is to secretly kill the angels who survives the demons attacks here on Earth.”

 

The angel woman sat down on her knee beside the bed and begun to look around for the knife stab. Chanyeol carefully sneaked over to the bed and helped her to find the stab that looked to be healed last time they checked. This time it wasn't even near that.

 

O-Omo, i-it was almost healed yesterday!”
“He must have made it worse. Did he look at the wound?”
“Y-Yes, he said that it wasn't that dangerous and that it would heal soon enough.”
“He said the truth, but made it worse at the same time. You, human, tell me; what is your relationship with this angel?”
“W-Why are you asking?”
“Tell me.”
“I-I don't know...”
“Are you friends?”
“I-I'm not sure-”
“Have you said anything to hurt him?”
“W-Why are you questioning Chanyeol like that?”

 

D.O asked worried as Chanyeol felt the panic grab him. So it was his words that caused all this? Did he... literally... Chanyeol wanted to cry, but he can't. He doesn't want to admit that he's the one who made Baekhyun collapse. He doesn't want to admit that he got mad at Baekhyun for no reason.

 

Did you or did you not? I have to know or else I can't save him.”
“I... I... I got mad at him... I don't know why, it was like... something took over me and he looked really hurt. I... I wanted to apologize... but I couldn't... I'm sorry, I don't know what happened. I truly... I truly love Baekhyun...”

 

Chanyeol felt how he stared down at the floor ashamed. He can't look at the others, they must think that he's crazy. Chanyeol truly doesn't know what happened to him back there when he got mad. He just... He just felt the anger grab him out of nowhere and he got mad about things he usually is happy about.

 

I think it's his magic... It's the betrayers magic. He saw what I can see and used it against you and this angel. What's this angels name?”
“Baekhyun... It's Baekhyun.”
“He might be... that angel... Listen to me Chanyeol, this is sadly enough partly your fault but still you couldn't help it.”
“I-I don't understand... I truly didn't want to say what I said! I swear!”
“I know that and I know that you couldn't help it, but your words did hurt Baekhyun. It's because you're connected. I don't know how this happened, it's really rare to see a connection like this between a human and an angel. You see, you must have said something that truly hurt Baekhyun more than just feeling sad. You must have made him feel heartbroken.”
“W-Why do you say that? H-How do you know that? What kind of connection are we talking about?”
“We're also really confused here.”
“I can't explain it all now. It's better we save this angel. But I need to fetch some things. He doesn't have many hours left.”
“W-Will you make it? C-Can you save him?”
“I think so, but I can't promise anything. Wait here, I will be back as fast as possible. Whatever you do, don't get more angry with this boy. Instead worry more and try to think positive. It will help him.”
“W-What about us?”
“You can try to treat the wound again. But whatever happens, if this giant over there gets mad at this angel again, you will have to force him away from the angel. Got it?”

 

Chanyeol watched his friends who nodded before the angel hurried over to the window and literally jumped out to the free air. Chanyeol and the others watched the angel woman disappear fast. She could fly in a high speed that looked incredible to be honest, but right now they're too concerned about Baekhyun to think about it.

 

What the hell did you say to him?”
“I'm sorry... I'm not... sure what happened to me. I truly... I truly don't hate Baekhyun. I just... I don't know anymore. It makes me so frustrated to know that I hurt him...”
“Whatever you do, try to stay in control and leave when you have too.”

 

Chanyeol nodded in silence as he sat beside Baekhyun on the bed and grabbed on of the boy's hands. Chanyeol held in a sigh as he closed his eyes and literally sat and apologized about what he said over and over again. He won't ever forgive himself for what he has done and he will do everything in his power to make Baekhyun healthy again. He will help Baekhyun to become healthy again, even if he has to die on the way.

 

***

 

He's really pale now... H-He's not doing well anymore hyung...”

 

Sehun sounded really worried as Suho kept hold a towel against the wound that has begun to bleed. D.O struggled with the bandages, but the bleeding never stops no matter how long they push the towel against it.

 

Baekhyun, you can do it. Please don't go... You can do it.”
“Where is that angel when she's needed the most?!”
“Calm down Kai, you have to believe.”
“I-I know that! I'm just so freaking worried you know! How am I supposed to pay back Baekhyun the favor after saving me and Sehun?”
“Yeah, we promised to treat him bubble tea and we promised to teach him everything he wanted to know.”
“He has to make it... H-He...”

 

Chanyeol stared worried at Baekhyun who's really pale. He's as pale as snow and it's scary. Chanyeol can't feel any warmth from Baekhyun's body anymore and it's also scaring him. He's literally fading away from this world, like he never have existed.

 

What if he dies?”
“Then... I will spend the rest of my life hating myself. I will never forgive myself.. I will... I will keep hate myself because I killed Baekhyun... I killed him...”

 

Chanyeol begun to cry as he hid his face against the bed beside Baekhyun's body. He can't handle his feelings anymore. He just wants to be forgiven by Baekhyun. He wants to apologize to the boy for everything he said. He wants to love Baekhyun with his whole heart. He doesn't want Baekhyun to leave, he wants him to stay here with them.

 

Chanyeol... D-Don't say that... Y-You will...”

 

D.O begun to cry as well as the others stared almost frustrated at Baekhyun's body. The woman angel has been gone for a long time now. It has been hours since she was here and Baekhyun's time is running out. She might not make it before it's too late.

Chanyeol closed his eyes and literally just sat there. He's tired of worrying, he's tired of being mad and he's tired of hating himself. He wants to love Baekhyun... He wants to save the boy. If he can do anything to save him, he would. Anything... He would do anything to save the boy!

 

I'm so sorry... Baekhyun... I'm so sorry...”

 

Chanyeol bit his lower lip as he kept hide his face against the mattress. He can hear the others sob and cry as well, especially D.O. Chanyeol felt the pain in his heart grow stronger and stronger for every second that passed. He knows that Baekhyun's time is really short now. If the angel woman doesn't show up soon, he fears that Baekhyun won't make it.

 

She has to make it... Please make it!”
“There is no idea to scream Sehun...”
“If it's over... Then it's over. We all have to accept that fact if the time comes...”
“Don't say that... Don't tell me he's going to die! He's the most innocent guy you can meet! He only wanted to protect us! He just wanted to make friends! What's wrong with that?!”

 

D.O cried and screamed frustrated while Kai was fast to hug him. D.O hugged Kai tight as Kai looked a little teary too. Sehun stared at Baekhyun's pale body with fear in his eyes as he sat down on the floor and sobbed loudly.

 

I promised hyung... I promised him... I have to keep my promise... Hyung... You have to let me keep my promise... Please...”

 

Suho nodded as he tried to not cry as well. Suho pushed the towel against Baekhyun's wound as he looked as sad as the others. Everyone is feeling down and everyone is truly worried.

 

Everyone... I'm sorry...”
“It's not your fault Chanyeol! It's that damn angel who is a betrayer who did this!”
“Yeah, he must have put a spell on you too to say all those weird things to Baekhyun!”
“Whatever it was, I don't deserve to meet Baekhyun after this-”
“Don't be foolish and selfish! Don't you know that he sees you as his precious Chanyeol?! He doesn't want to be without you stupid!”

 

D.O shouted desperately, even though there is no reason to scream anymore. Chanyeol knows what D.O means. He knows what Baekhyun feels about him or he thinks he knows. But still, he has hurt Baekhyun's feeling and even put him in the state he is in. What if... Baekhyun truly dies and it's all his fault?

 

Forgive me... Baekhyun... Please... forgive me...”

 

Chanyeol cried and buried his face against Baekhyun's stomach. He can feel his eyes get filled with tears again as he just cried his pain out. He feels so hurt because he has hurt Baekhyun. It's all his fault... And all he wants is to fix the mess he created.

 


Ayo guys! How are you all doing? ^.^

So this chapter is pretty sad, are you all nervous? What do you think is happening? Can you guess what is going to happen next? I'm just asking since I'm curious what you think, so please answer if possible! It's just for fun! ^.^

Else I want to thank you all for supporting this fiction! It means a lot and you support makes the writing much funnier and easier! I hope you all enjoys reading it as much as I enjoy writing it! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but it's up to you! Not a must though! ^.^

Well, I don't have that much else to say except that I will update within two weeks again, I promise! Until then, take care! Have a nice day/night/evening/afternoon/morning! ^.^

Peace and love you all! <3