Chapter 3

Serendipitous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haejung P.O.V

 

“No umma don’t give it to him” as I ran towards my parents then suddenly BAM goes the gun shooting at our parents”

 

The bloody sight in front of my eyes was the last thing i saw before everything turned dark.

 

“AHHHH”

 

I woke up from my dream and sweat dripping down my face.

So eun walked by like nothing happen because well she was used to me screaming every morning because this has been going on since that day. The same dream every night. The same condition every morning. It’s almost like a routine. A day wouldn’t be the same without these nightmares. I mean who gets used to their parents death and when you are to blame, everything just feels worst.

 

I got up from my bed and showered quickly as today we would have a lot of customers because SM is having their auditions, I have always wondered how it feels to audition for SM I mean I must and all but the thrilling feeling of them saying ‘Congratulations! You are officially a trainee at SM’ must be awesome. Today is my favorite day but also my worst day because seeing all those happy faces ordering their drink because they just got accepted at SM is wonderful.

 

The look of satisfaction plastered on to their faces makes my day but what brings me down is that they will only reach their ultimate goal if they continue to strive through the long battle for their dream. Once they begin their trainee lives, their main priorities are replaced with the worries of being able to debut and succeed. However, not all get to soar. Some fall and break their wings, unable to get up for a long time. A very long time. People give up. Dreams are crushed. All hopes are destroyed.

 

I come across these lost souls frequently. In fact, i am one too. With the exception of my dreams shattering before it even took flight … and also for those who didn’t get accepted. The sadness in their eyes reminds me of the time i was struggling to accept my parent’s death. For those who didn’t get accepted we add a little more sugar and a little note on the cup to help them get through the day.

 

Right before I entered the store, I turned around to see the long line waiting to audition; nervousness filled the intense atmosphere as worried faces paced back and forth.

 

*Gasp* lucky i don’t have to be in that position

 

“Unni we gotta a loooot of customers coming today so we got to stock up!! KAJA we can do this” Nayeon said excitedly.

 

“Nayeon-ah rather than talking it may be a good idea to actually start doing the work” halmeoni advised.

 

“YES MAAM” Nayeon exclaimed

 

“Why is she always so hyper in the morning?” said So eun with an annoyed look on her face.

 

I have always wondered if Nayeon had a mental age of about 3! Laughing it off I grabbed the box of cups, sticking the little ‘hwaiting’ notes on to it. With another 2 hours to go we still had a lot to do!

 

“Ring ring” the bell rang indicating a customer had just entered the store

 

“sorry sir the store hasn-”

 

“Hey sorry I know this store hasn’t open but I need to tell you something urgent” the stranger interrupted

 

“Yeah sure go ahead”

 

Halmeoni, So eun and Nayeon stepped to see the situation

“ Hi I am from SM entertainment as you are aware the auditions are going on today and it is my job to scout people to audition, even though it is a little last minute I need you know that I want to scout you because you have talent”

 

“ what even…. how… you haven’t even heard me sing? how would you know?”

 

“Please young lady trust me”

 

“you are telling me to trust you? A stranger, which i technically met like 30 seconds ago!”

 

“Ok to tell you the truth someone had heard you sing and this someone described it as angelic and the most beautiful voice that he ever heard, he is not a creep he too in an expert in singing and knows a beautiful voice when he hears one, so please just trust me, this will be a wonderful opp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter