Handsome Little Dork

(Not) Everything Has Changed

a/n: BAEKKIE AND TAEYEON ARE DATING OMG I cannot believe this OAO well as long as Baekkie is happy we all should be happy, but I kind of have a hunch that this seems to be... fake? I don't know, because no one is stupid enough to be dating on car which roof is opened. Oh my gosh, 2014, such a rough year

 

 

“Stop following me!”

“…”

“I said, stop.following.me!”

“…”

“Are you mocking me now? Because I don’t have friends? Just go away and find someone else!”

“I’m not mocking you.”

“Huh?”

“I know you’re girly, I know you’re a sissy, I know other boys don’t like you because you’re… like this, I know girls don’t accept you because you have the prince syndrome.”

“Yeah, yeah I know, just leave alo-“

“But I like you.”

 


 

The person that is trailing quietly behind the teacher is indeed a boy, a flower boy like how she had predicted before. He has short hair in the color of brown (which is obviously, dyed), large eyes that looks lazy, defined jawline, fair complexion, and a tall built. He is a perfect material for a new boy to be swooned at by all the female population in Soo Man Highschool. Luhan cannot quite catch his face, but then as soon he turns to face his classmates, Luhan’s eyes widen in surprise.

“Good morning everyone, I’m Oh Sehun, nice to meet you…”

Oh Sehun, there can be only one Oh Sehun with that face, that manner, that lisp, that shoulders, and that Sehun can only be him. How is it possible? He’s not supposed to be here! How can he possibly be here when he was said not to be able to wake up again? Thoughts jumbled up and down, over and over repeating in an endless circle. Not only thoughts, flashbacks, and memories come flooding down her brain, that scene repeating again, and again, filling her mind with her thought-to-be-dead childhood friend, the one and only, Oh Sehun.

“How can you be here?”

Luhan whispers softly and she nearly jumps off her chair, but she restrains it, barely. She calms herself, re-adjusting her glasses and tries to remind herself about her motto, you’ve decided to start over. Forget about him, just forget about him. She chants the mantra over and over. She finally reaches the conclusion that her studies are the most important thing right now. A simple person called Oh Sehun cannot stop her, and she is not letting herself to stop. She keeps on thinking until her daze is being cut off by the teacher’s voice.

“Oh Sehun, you sit next to her there.” The teacher points at the vacant seat next to Luhan. Luhan perks up, but no longer surprised as she’s made up her mind. Sehun proceeds to get to the seat next to her and Luhan can see clearly that the boy’s face lightens up as her figure enters his view. Luhan observes his face again. Boy, Sehun changes, a lot. He used to have chubby cheeks and baby fats all over his body, even tough he wasn’t fat. Sehun used to be short too, falling a few centimeters behind Luhan, and the last time she saw him he was still on the same level as her, but now, look at him. He is inside the 180-s range, while Luhan herself is short on a few centimeters to get to the 170-s range. Such a pity, but Luhan adores her height somehow. A combination formed by her baby-faced beauty and her petite body makes a perfect disguise as a junior high school student. She gets discounts by faking her age.

“Hey Lulu! I haven’t seen you in years!” Sehun sits down and smiles at the lifeless-looking Luhan that is slumping on her desk. Luhan doesn’t bother him as she continues to stare at the desk as if it’s the most interesting thing in the world.

“Lu… Lulu?” Sehun waves his hand in front of her face, hoping she will notice him, but she doesn’t even twitch.

“Luhan…”

“Xiao Lu…”

“Luhaanniieee…”

“Please… I really want to talk to you, Luhan…”

Sehun whines and pleads, but Luhan stays still. She has decided to shove people away, this includes Sehun. Sehun is after all just another person in her class that she doesn’t want to mess with. Luhan keeps burying her face in her arms, hoping that Sehun will give up. She peeks a little, just to meet with another pair of eyes, staring directly at her. Surprised, she looks away immediately.

She has never expected Sehun to be very determined. His eyes are full of questions, even tough he didn’t even converse a word with her, after all these years knowing him, she kind of gets him. He gave her the what-happened-to-you-while-I-was-gone-now-we’ve-met-again-I’ve-got-loads-of-things-to-tell-you-and-now-you-ignore-me look. Feeling a little guilty (oh she hopes she didn’t) she looks back at Sehun, but as soon as she is about to open , the bell rings loudly.

“End of period, I’ll start teaching now!” The teacher’s voice echoes throughout the room. As if on cue, Luhan reverts her attention back to the teacher. Luhan could swear that she, herself heard the sound of imaginary gate in her heart being closed off, and she bets Sehun also heard that.

And so, for the second period, Luhan doesn’t even glance at Sehun, no matter how many times he tried to call for her.