Unsocial Little Deer

(Not) Everything Has Changed

"I'll stay with you, even when the whole world is your enemy..."

"Really? Can you promise me?"

"Sure, lend me your pinkie..."


Riiing

The alarm blasts off from her bedside, blasting off her eyes open as she reaches out to shut it off. She groans, once, before sitting up and streches her arms, a part of her daily morning routine. "Another day..." she stiffles a yawn groggily, jumps off her bed and jogs lightly to the bathroom. She bathes herself in cold water, enjoying how fresh early morning bathes are, covers her hair in soap, before cleansing her body with water again. After drying herself and brushes her teeth, she dresses herself in her complete school uniform, even buttoning all the buttons in her blazer. She slips a nametag with the name: "Xi Luhan" printed on it.

Xi Luhan, or simply called as Luhan, originally born in China, but now is a sophomore in Soo Man highschool, one of the most prestigious schools in Seoul, only extremely rich people, or extremely smart people, or extremely talented people can enter this school. For Luhan, she made it to this school for being the top scorer for math and science. At first she doesn't really intend to get to this school, but fate says something else when suddenly an invitation from that school drops by her mailbox, surprising not only her, but her entire family.

Luhan combs her long, brown wavy locks carefully before slipping a pair of glasses on the bridge of her nose. Her eyes are actually fine, but she likes wearing them, not only because they make her eyes larger, she feels safer under them. It feels like she's just watching, not inside reality. Seems like a silly reasoning, but no one cares anyway. After feeling satisfied with her look today, she makes her way downstairs to be greeted by no one, and nothing.

Luhan has lived alone for two years by now. Eversince she enrolled in Soo Man highschool, the distance between her house and the school made it impossible for her to travel all the way there by herself except she has already departed two hours before school starts. Her parents decided to let her live by herself, eventough that means letting their only daughter go away from home. It's not like Luhan felt anything about it, she has lost interest to nearly everything after that incident. Either when the occasion is good, or the occasion is bad.

She is currently living in an apartment three hundred metres far from her school, which makes it possible for her to go there on foot. Tough the apartment is small, studio-sized, and not so comfortable to be honest, but it is very convenient, remembering she will have no need to pay just to go to school.

As mentioned above, Luhan barely has the motivation to carry on her life, as she's been passing her days like a soul-less human. Going to school-go home-sleep-and then go to school again. Today is an indifferent day. She takes a slice of bread, spreads the chocolate jam on it, and stares for a while.

Well, scratch the indifferent part, she smiles.

Seems to be odd that a girl that is mentally stable like her smiles at the sight of a bread, but it has been months since last Luhan smiles (it was forced due to her mother's birthday) and her smiling like that is just a secret between her and God. Luhan rarely smiles, it will be once in a bluemoon if she does.

She munches the bread wordlessly, her smile dissolving together with the fact that her bread is getting inside her tummy. Done, she steps out of her house reaching the school within a few minutes.


Once she enters the grand grounds of Soo Man highschool, Luhan immediately rushes to the class, like any other student will do, except for the fact that no one greets her, no, they don't even smile at her even tough she has passed heaps of people until she's seated in her place, near the window on the second row from the back. Being the recluse little deer she is, she is the type that doesn't have friends, but doesn't have enemies as well. People don't mess with her, and she won't mess with them, she just goes to school for the sole purpose of studying, before getting back home again. Tough she has closed her heart and shove people away, there are still some that try.

"Good morning, Luhan!"

A high-pitched voice comes from the front of the class, and when Luhan lifts her head up, she meets with large round eyes of Kim Min Seok's, the president of class 2-E, the class where she attend now. Kim Min Seok is a very friendly person. He greets anyone, litterally anyone, whether he knows them or not. He greets teachers, he greets janitors, he even greets people from the neighborhood when he is walking his way to the school (Luhan has seen him once greeting an old lady that was just passing by). As for why he managed to attend to the school, people say that he is a very talented soccer player, which Luhan thinks that it's true, looking at the stuffs that he brings to school each day and his toned legs.

Back to the current situation, Luhan just looks at him, nods slightly (reaaally slight you cannot tell if she's really nodding or not) before focusing back on the book that she is reading.

"Dude, there's no use of calling that nerd! She's mute" From the right side of the class, the class' motor-mouth, Byun Baek Hyun, also a member of the soccer club, runs over to Min Seok's side and taps his shoulder, just to receive a laugh, followed by a "Don't insult her, Baek"

Luhan rolls her eyes at the sight. She sometimes feel irritated, but again, she has hardened her heart since long time ago. She refuses to give in and chooses not to pursue it further. She has learned the art of letting it go, that keeps her free from bullying up to this moment. The saying of "Silence is gold" is currently Luhan's way of life, which is applicable for her because currently the seat next to her has no one residing on it (it's a good thing, she won't need to socialize).

Right after the boys' antics, the girls start to make ruckus from the other side of the class. Most of them are caking make-up on their faces, and others are fixing their hair. Once again, Luhan rolls her eyes at the sight. There's only one reason they act all flirty, there's a new student, or a new teacher, and obviously male. Plus, Luhan suspects that whoever he is, he must be quite good-looking, she doesn't care anyway.

Luhan sighs, and then enters the idle mode, as she waits for the bell to ring. Her prayers are granted, when the bell rings a few seconds after she hoped so. Luhan keeps her small face on her table, witnessing their teacher to come in, saying stuffs about your new friend, treat him well, blah blah. Luhan can't expect more.

But what's unexpected to her, is the person that is coming inside the room.

Very, very unexpected, her heart isn't prepared. A soft whisper escapes her lips, following the rapid movement of her straightening up her back clumsily.

"How can you be here?"