Chapter 20

The thing that brought us closer together

Author's note ;

P.S I'm fast-forwarding the story a little because it seems like if I were to elaborate what happened between the three of them, the first day of Chaerin attending school would be delayed. I'm so sorry my little daisies. However, I've include some flashbacks of what happened when Chaerin, Seunghyun and his mom were spending time together. 

That's all I have to say. Enjoy~~


 



BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.


The electronic alarm clock continued to ring. With a sleepy movement, Chaerin reached out her hands to the bedside table, where the electronic alarm clock  is placed at. The pressed the button down, stopping it from beeping any further as the sound was making her annoyed a little. 


After doing so, she stretched her hands and legs out before leaning against the headboard. She looked at the huge vintage clock placed right in front of her, on top of the room. 6.45am. It was still early to go to school, since it starts at 8.30am. 


'Hmm, maybe I could go to school by myself?' Chaerin thought to herself. 


She knew the way from her house to her school. But, is Mrs Kim and the six boys in her house allowing her to go on her own? It was her first day of school, of course they obviously allow her to do that. Still in a sleepy state, Chaerin forced herself out of the bed before making her way towards the bathroom. 

 

 


What simply took like 30 minutes, Chaerin was out of the bathroom. With only a towel wrapped around her figure, she went to the closet to find her uniform. As she was busily finding, the door swung open. Chaerin directed her gaze towards the door to see who that person was. 

 

Her eyes almost dart out. "CHANYEOL! BAEKHYUN!" Chaerin half-shouted. 


"OMO OMO! S-sorry!" Baekhyun apologized. He placed his hands over his eyes before walking backwards to exit the room. 


"Aigo, mianhe Chaerin," Chanyeol simply said before walking out of the room. "Nice body you got there," he winked before leaving the room. 

 

Chaerin's eyes widened once again at that remark. "You ert!" She quickly ran towards her bedroom door and closed it. Locking it at the same time so that no one could see her in that state she is in. 


'Jinjja, what an embarrassing situation that is!' Chaerin said to herself. 

 

With her head hung low, she proceeded to the walk-in closet to change into her new school uniform. 


 


I was currently walking down the stairs when I heard a small group of the boys who were whistling at me. "Whoop, someone sure looks pretty indeed!" A deep-voice guy said. That was Chanyeol indeed. Once I stepped on the floor, I was being pulled in for a hug by none other than Baekhyun.


"Aigo, my daughter is all grown up!" He mocked. With that girly voice of his hand and also the welcoming hug, it was as if he was my eomma. 


"Haish! Jinjja!" I said, trying to pull away from the hug. I failed to do that because Baekhyun was still hugging me tightly. 


"Guys...Help...Me...Baek...I..Can't...Breathe...." I said. I felt as if my chest being brought something hard, and that something was none other than Baekhyun's well-buffed chest. 


"Baek, that's enough," Suho said. 


"Baekhyun-ah, let go of Chaerin," Kyungsoo added. 


"I can't let go of her! My precious child...My precious child!" He continued saying. 


"Haish, you're overreacting! Now, come on! All of us have to have breakfast before going to school!" Sehun being the concerned young one said. He made his way to the dining room. The others were trying to pull Baekhyun away from me.


"You're making life difficult for us! Byun Baekhyun!" Kai, who was one of them pulling Baekhyun away from me said. 


With countless of attempts, they finally got him off of me. I patted my skirt and my uniform, ensuring that there were no visible creases on it. Mrs Kim really took a lot of time to make my uniform look perfect. Meanwhile, the hug didn't stop there. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around mine and directed me towards the dining room. 

 

"Let's go my child!" He said childishly and placed his head on my shoulder. 


As we entered the dining room, Mr and Mrs Kim were already having their breakfast. Mr Kim was busy reading the newspapers while Mrs Kim was having a conversation with Sehun. 


"Ah, good morning Chaerin!" She greeted me when I entered the dining room. 


"Good morning to you too !" I replied happily. Baekhyun dragged me to where he was seating. I was forced to sit beside him. Thank god he was not the only one who was beside me, Suho was sitting on my left side. 


"He's so weird," I whispered to Suho.


"It's normal. When all of us got up for our first day of school, he gave the same treatment to us like he did to you. He's such an ahjumma at times but he's just plain acting. Just put up with it for a while," Suho politely whispered to me back.


"Talking about me behind my back huh? Eomma is so disappointed in you Chaerin," Baekhyun 'tsk-ed' both me and Suho. "Such manners do you have. Is this how you treat your Eomma?" 


Suho and I laughed. "Byun Baekhyun, drop that act and stop frightening Chaerin. Eat your breakfast," Mrs Kim said sternly. 


"Alright Captain!" Baekhyun said, changing his role from being a mom to an obedient son. Mmhmm, an obedient son he is.


I mouthed 'Thank you' to Mrs Kim before eating my breakfast. 

 

 

Now, we were busily arranging each other's uniform before going off to school. Sehun did mine while I did his. He was a very sweet dongsaeng indeed. "Thank you Hunnie~" I cooed. 


He blushed and I could see his cheeks becoming rosy. Am I even that likable to him? "No problem...Noona," 


"Yah, Oh Sehun! No one calls me Noona okay!" I smacked his chest. 


"Okay little ones. I guess we'll have to say our goodbyes now. Have fun in school and behave yourselves okay! See you little ones later," Mrs Kim said. 


The boys lined up in front of her and they exchanged kisses with their mom. Each and everyone of them were kissing her cheeks while she return the same action to them. When it came to my turn, I thought of giving her a warm hug when she suddenly kissed my cheeks. 


"You're part of our family now. That is why I kissed your cheeks," She said to me. 


"Uh, thank you?" I said awkwardly. I kissed Mrs Kim in return before joining the boys who were already out of the house and making their way towards their respective cars while Kai, as usual rode his motorbike. 


"Chaerin-ah, someone is waiting for you," Suho said, smiling widely at me. The others, except Kai stood around him, leaning against the black range rover and smiled. Okay, something fishy is going on here. Are they thinking of pranking me? I swear I'll kill them if they did!


"Are you guys playing a prank on me? I'm not going to fall or it!" I said loudly while walking towards the car. 


As I was approaching them, I saw someone standing outside the gate. A very tall, handsome-looking teenage boy in our school uniform. He was waving at me. Who could it be? I squinted my eyes but he was too far away from me. "Who's that guy?" I asked the boys. 


"I don't know...Hmm, we're going to school now. Do you want me to drive you to the gate so that you could meet that handsome prince charming of yours?" Suho offered. 


"Uh...I..." 


Before I could even answer, the gates were opened. Kai drove off while a girl was walking towards our direction. That must be Sora. Who else could it be right? Right at that moment, I changed my mind. "It's okay. I'll just go to school with that guy. If anything happens, I'll call you guys okay?" I told them.


They nodded in unison, "You better. We don't want you to be hunted down by vampires or werewolves Noona, " Sehun cooly said. 

 

"Yah! Drop that 'Noona' thing! I am not your frigging noona!" I said before storming towards the gates. 


I was walking when I could feel Sora staring at me. I kept my composure and kept on walking. "Yah, new girl," She called me. I simply ignored her. 


"I'm talking to you loser. Look at me!" She said loudly. I ignored whatever she said once again. That's what you get when you treat new people in a bad manner! Hah! 


As I was reaching the gate, the familiar face came upon me. The guy that has been standing at the gate was none other than Choi Seunghyun! I quickly ran towards him, not able to hide my excitement when I saw him. 


"Seunghyun!" I called. 


He welcomed me with open arms and the next thing I knew, his arms were wrapped around my petite figure. After spending time with Mama and him, I grew an attachment to the both of them, especially Seunghyun. Mama was always embarrassing him un front of me but he didn't seem to mind at all. What a great day yesterday. 


"Good morning beautiful," He greeted me as he pulled away from the hug. 


I could feel a blush being formed on my cheeks. How dare he compliment me early in the morning! Well, I don't think I'm that beautiful too. I'm not even close to that. "H-Hey. S-stop," I stuttered. 

 

"Aigo, my beautiful girl is blushing by that one simple statement of mine?" He ruffled my hair. 

 

"Sheesh, you started it first!" 

 

"But I'm stating the facts Chae," He pinched my nose. 

 

I didn't say anything. I started walking and he followed. He walked beside me and we started talking once again, in hopes of getting to know each other more. While we were walking, a range rover drove by us and it stopped. I knew who it was. The windows rolled down and I saw the boys as well as Sora inside the car. 


"Having a romantic time early in the morning huh?" Chanyeol teased. 


"Yah! Eomma doesn't let you flirt with boys Chaerin! I'm so disappointed in you!" Baekhyun faked a sad expression. 


"I see two lovebirds. Good job Noona!" Sehun said. 


"You really have high standards for a guy Chae," Kyungsoo added.


I felt like killing them one by one with their remarks. I was internally cursing them. Omo, it's really embarrassing because Seunghyun heard all of it. Ah, what should I do?! 


"Well, see you in school Chaerin,'" Suho said from the driver's seat before rolling up the windows. The car then drove off. We stopped walking for a while when Seunghyun turned to look at me and laugh.


"Yah, what are you laughing at!" I scolded him. 


"They're just a funny bunch of kids! Baekhyun is your eomma and Sehun calling you noona! Chanyeol and Kyungsoo is understandable but..." He continued laughing again. 


I scrunched up my face and pouted a little. While he was standing along the pathway laughing hysterically, I began resuming my journey to school. This is not funny, this is freaking embarrassing. The boys are seriously going to get the worse from me! 


"Chaerin, wait for me!" I heard Seunghyun shouting behind me. 


 


"Chaerin," Someone called her.


Chaerin turned to the side and saw Sora and a group of girls crossing their arms, looking at her with fiery eyes. "Uh...What's going on here?" She asked, closing her locker.


"We just want to send a warning to you. Don't you ever go near the boys again! Especially Kai. He's mine and mine only!" Sora said. 


"Kris oppa too!"


"Chanyeol oppa too!"


"Baekhyun oppa too!" 

 

Each and everyone of the girls mentioned the boy's name and all of their names were being mentioned. Chaerin was feeling a little scared when they mentioned their names. Their voices showed how angry they were at her, their eyes look like they're going to keep an eye on her. 


"Guys, I'm not the one who approached them. They were the ones who approach me and I had no choice but to talk to them. It's only a friendly gesture, nothing more than that," Chaerin explained, hugging her books. 


Sora was frustrated. She threw the books and papers away, which was scattered on the floor. Chaerin bend down to get her books when each of the girls stepped on them, one of the who purpose stepped on her hand. Chaerin ignored what they were doing and managed to gather some of her books, although the pages was filled with shoe prints. It was tattered and torn. She could feel tears form in her eyes, but managed to maintain her tears from falling. She didn't want to show them she was weak. That would only show that they could take advantage of her more. 


Sora stood in front of her and pushed her head away. "," She said before walking away.

 

RING

 

The school bell rang. Luckily, almost all of the students were already in their respective classes so there were barely anyone that was in the hallway. Chaerin picked up all of her books. She leaned her head against the locker and started crying silently.


Her day started off well, with all the jokes and teases from the six boys of the Kim family as well as a fun time going to school with Seunghyun. However, the moment when Seunghyun and the boys left her just now to go to their classes, everything changed. Life just got a whole lot worse for her. 

 

While she was crying, a pair of arms was wrapped around her waist. She didn't even bothered to see who it was when the person whispered in her ears. 

 

"Shh, everything is going to be okay. I'm here for you baby girl," 

 



Sorry for the so-called 'hiatus'. I didn't manage to update during the weekends since I was way to busy with things. Anyways, I hope you daisies love this chapter and give a comment okay? I'll see you soon.

 

xoxo.