Discontinued

Across the Window
"Haemi.... Haemi... wake up dear. It's time for school. It's Friday!" 
 
 
She heard her mother call.
 
 
"Huh..? Oh. Yeah. I'll be down." Haemi replied tiredly as she kissed her mother on the cheek.
 
With that, she did as she said. She quickly fixed herself up (not too much, of course) and made her way downstairs.
 After she finished breakfast, she skipped out of the house before running off to the gates.
 
 
"Boo..." 
She heard someone whisper.
 
"AHH!.... Yifan..? What the heck is wrong with you?!" She shrieked.
 
He chuckled.
"Wow... You get scared easily. I thought you were toughh."
 
She rolled her eyes before turning her head away and laughed.
"Says the person who's dog chewed up their jacket & broke their curtains..."
 
"Hey!" He scoffed."I..It.. at least I'm cool. I have friends too. What about youuu? Do youuu have any friends?"
 
 
Haemi stopped in her tracks.
"More than you'll ever have."
Suddenly she got on the bus as Kris stood their, glaring at her with a disgusted look.
 
"Hey sir! You getting on or what?" The bus driver asked in an annoyed tone.
 
"Oh, yeah. I'm Sorry.. "
He quickly scanned his bus card and sat at the seat across from Haemi.
 
 
He looked back at her.
"Can't your dad drive you to school?"
 
"I don't want him to..... what about you? Your uncle could drive you if you hate riding the bus so much." Haemi replied.
 
"I never said I hate riding on the bus... you're too quick to make assumptions. Let me breathe. You think you're so cool just because you're the principal's daughter or something? And oh, at least try to look decent for once." Kris began.
 
Haemi glared at him before looking back at the window and letting out a big sigh. 
 
Kris shook his head and got on his phone. The whole rest of the bus ride was completely silent.
 
*what a jerk* The both thought.
 
---
 
RINGGGG~
 
The bell rang, indicating it was time for lunch.
Everybody quickly got up and ran out, knowing how long the line usually is when it's time for lunch.
 
Haemi, though, stayed in the classroom and got out a book.
 
 
"Hey, aren't you gonna go get lunch?" Kris asked.
 
"... You can go. I always stay inside." She replied, her eyes stuck on her book.
 
"Oh come on. Come with meee." He whined.
 
 
Suddenly, a group of 5 boys came up to them.
Their names were Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Chen, and Tao. All together, they were called EXO-M. With their looks & talent, it was pretty damn hard to hate them. 
Girls (and guys too) constantly chased them around in their big, crowded groups. They even created an official fanclub for them.
 
 
"Heyy. You're Kris, right?" Luhan asked.
 
"Yepp. Who are... you guys?" Kris replied.
 
"I'm Luhan. This is Xiumin, Lay, Chen, and Tao. Nice meeting you." The boy introduced.
 
"Nice meeting you too... wait. EXO-M, right?" Yifan said with a smile.
 
"Yeah." They all laughed."How'd you know?"
 
"You guys are huge here. Everyone in this school talks about you." Kris explained.
 
They chuckled.
"Wanna... Maybe hang out with us? Become friends with us? We've been needing another member for sometime." Tao asked.
 
"Sure! I'd be glad too." He smiled and left the classroom with them.
 
"Finally. He's finally gone!" Haemi squealed as he watched them exit.
 
 
"Yoo... Hae... Mi." A girl called out.
 
She turned around to see the absolute worst girl she knew.
 
Park Hana.
 
 
She was her nightmare.
She was a popular, rich snob that everyone liked. Haemi never understood why. Hana has bullied her ever since 6th grade, continously torchering her with evil schemes and tricks. What did people see good in Hana? Nothing. Other than the fact that she was rich, pretty, and her mother was a teacher in the school.
And it was crazy hard to become a teacher at Seoul National High. Her father, too, held a high postition. CEO of Daesun Construction Company. The company who begged to be able to work with Mr. Yoo's company.
 
 
Haemi looked back down at her book, pretending she didn't see or hear anyone.
 
 
"You heard me. Stop ignoring me." Hana scowled.
 
"Just leave me alone, for once. Please." She demanded, her eyes still focused on what she was reading.
 
"No. What you actually think I'd listen to you?" Hana smirked.
 
"Well, no. Not like you ever listen anyways. Just leave me alone." Haemi sighed.
 
"Ugly dirtbag. Did no one ever teach you how to respect the upper first class? Do you not understand that you are the low, thieving, dirty, peasant society?" Hana cackled."Oh, and you got here by scholarship? Hahaha, no wonder. It's impossible for you to go to such a luxurious school like this."
 
 
Haemi laughed at the fact that Hana was only making a fool of herself, not being aware that Haemi's father was actually the creator and founder of this 'luxurious' school.
 
Too bad it was filled with people like Hana.
 
 
"So... you piece of filth, you should stay in your boundaries. Know your PLACE." Park Hana hissed and got closer to her face.
 
"What do you mean? I've always stayed in my 'place.' I'm not acting like a snob... like you." She replied calmly.
 
"You b!tçh, do you STILL not understand?! Pft, I thought you were at least smart. You got in here because of your brain, dumbo." 
 
 
Haemi didn't reply.
 
 
"What I'm freaking trying to say is.... STAY AWAY FROM THE UPPER CLASS. STAY AWAY FROM KRIS. You think you're friends with him?! Who do you think you are to be pestering him and talking to him?" Hana yelled.
 
"Friends? Yifan? That jerk? Yifan & I are nowhere near friends. Pestering him? He's the one pestering me!" Haemi replied aggressively.
 
 
She'd had enough of Hana.
She quickly got up, stomped out and ran to the restroom. She locked herself in one of the cubicles and fell down, hugging her knees to her chest at the door. 
Luckily, the bathroom cubicles were like little rooms. The walls actually reached down to the floor & up at the ceiling.
 
She usually could deal with all the harsh words Hana spat at her, but today she completely lost it.
 
 
RINGGG~
 
The bell rang. Class was now about to almost start. She quickly wiped up her tears and fixed herself.
 
When she arrived back at the classroom, everyone was already seated and stared at her. Haemi was usually the first one to be in the classroom.
 
She quickly ignored everybody's stares and hurried back to her desk, careful not to make eye contact.
 
 
"Where ya been?" Kris asked quietly. The teacher was giving a lecture and he didn't want to get caught talking.
 
*damn it, that jerk.* 
She just sighed.
 
"No seriously, where ya been? I thought you stayed in class the whole time?" He whispered again.
 
"Leave me alone." She muttered.
 
Yifan looked at her.
 
"Hm? Wait, shoot, are your eyes red? Have you been crying? You have feelings, Haemi?!"
 
"Damn it! We'll talk after school! Listen to the lesson! Jeez!" She whispered back.
 
 
Luckily they sat at the very back of the classroom, behind all the other students. The teacher would never be able to catch them having a conversation.
 
 
"Okay, okay. Geesh." Yifan squawked softly as they looked back up at the board, which was filled with notes Kris hadn't bothered to write down.
 
 
Finally, the last bell rang. Signing the dismissal of school. Like usual, everybody rushed out while Haemi took her time. Along with Kris, this time.
 
 
"Haemi-ah. Can't you tell me now?" Yifan whined.
 
"Ugh. No. Gosh. Just leave me alone. Take the bus alone today or walk with your EXO-M friends." Haemi said, sounding annoyed.
 
"Huh? Wait... Are you upset that I made friends?! OOO SO YOU'RE JEALOUS. THATS WHAT IT IS!" He exclaimed.
 
"GOSH, NO. That's NOT IT. Damn." She snapped.
 
"What. Is. Your. Problem. Old. Lady." He glared."Give me your phone."
 
"Huh? No! Why would I--"
 
Kris had already taken it.
 
"HEY! GIVE IT..BACK!" Haemi jumped.
 
 
But Kris was tall. Enormously tall. His height was way to tall for Haemi.
 
 
"Wait!" He blocked."and.....there!" 
 
Haemi grabbed it back.
 
"Too late. I have your number now." Yifan laughed.
 
"Ugh you idiot. Don't dare try calling me. Or texting me. Or anything." She said as she stormed away.
 
 
"Heyy, heyy, heyyyyy." Hana chirped, appearing out of nowhere. Literally. Nowhere.
 
"Uhh... Who are you? Friend of Haemi?" Kris asked.
 
"Hana. Go away. I'm not in the mood." She growled.
 
"I'm sorry Haemi.. but watch your place. Me and Kris, here, are TOP CLASS. WE ARE RICH, YOU'RE A PEASANT. Kris is she bugging you? Don't worry about her. She comes from poverty and the only reason she's here in because of her scholarship." Hana snapped rudely. 
 
"Uhh..." Kris paused and scratched the top of his head. Poverty? Last time he checked, Haemi lived in a castle made of marble, her Father owned the school, & her family also owned several other major companies."Poverty..? But her family--"
 
Haemi quickly stood up and covered his mouth.
"YEAH. He means my family is as poor as you mentioned. He agrees with you, HANA." She said sternly.
 
"What? I--" Kris got cut off.
 
"YIFAN.. Come with me. We need to talk.." Haemi demanded as she walked outside.
 
Kris just followed, curious about the matter.
 
 
Finally they arrived at the fire escape stairs... which were always empty unless there were emergencies.
 
 
Haemi took a deep breath and sighed.
"I haven't told you yet have I..?"
 
"What...? I was just--"
 
"Just.. Don't tell anyone about my family status. Anytime I'm out in public, my family comes from the countryside, my family is poor, and I came here by scholarship." She huffed.
 
"Wait... why?" He asked, his head tilted with confusion.
 
"Because...." Haemi argued.
 
"Because...? Why..?"
 
"I...I wanna be left alone. I don't want the attention.." Now she made eye contact with him. Her eyes were locked into his.
 
Kris had to admit, he's never seen Haemi's face clearly. It was always covered up and her head was always hung low. He didn't know how pretty--
 
*KRIS, man you must me crazy. Haemi?! Pretty?! Those words don't fit. She's a crazy psycho gosh damn.* He thought to himself.
 
"Umm... Are you okay..?" Haemi asked, noticing his change of face.
 
"Huh? Oh uh.. Yeah yeah." He gulped. He looked down at his feet.
 
"Umm... alright. Just keep those things clear. I'm poor & I came by scholarship, okay?" 
 
Kris just nodded his head.