It's Been Long

Across the Window

JUST FOR YOU GIANNA...


Haemi woke up to the bright sunshine peeking through her curtains and gleaming at her eyes.
 
She looked back at her alarm clock to check the time.
 
6:01 am.
 
She stretched out her arms and yawned.
 
Her first period class started at 7:30 am everyday. They started really early, but they got released really early too. 
 
She quickly got up and dragged herself to the bathroom and freshened up. 
She bent over to the sink to wash her face, still only half awake, as she felt the cold water splash onto her skin.
She hurriedly brushed her teeth, combed up her hair, and got out her uniform.
 
She had not a single intention of dressing all prettily. She wanted to dress as normal and dull as possible by hiding her delicate face under all her hair and dressing as plainly as she could. 
 
There were somethings about Haemi that even her best friend, EunMi, didn't understand. She knew her from head to toe, but she never understood why she wanted to be this way.
 
A plain wallflower.
 
I mean, everyone wants a little attention sometimes right?
 
 
As she scurried down the stairs carefully, she was distracted by the aroma of her mother's cooking. 
Her mom always made the most delicious things for breakfast.
Today, it was her most beloved dish. 
Wafflesssssss.
 
As Haemi quickly finished her breakfast, she greeted her mother goodbye and headed out to the bus stop.
 
Her parents always insisted to drive her, but she always refused. She was determined to keep her identity sealed and secretive.
 
And no one paid that much attention to her either. They found her simple, plain, and that there was nothing special. They'd often for hearing she only got into the school by scholarship & her family was not rich. After all, this school was filled with mostly rich populars.
 
As she finally arrived to Seoul National High School, she headed towards the gates when she heard someome call out her name.
 
"Haemi!"
 
She turned around to see EunMi. The only person in the school who knew her trueself. The only person who really bothered to talk to Haemi even before discovering her family was rich and owned the school.
 
EunMi was a little bit of the opposite of Haemi. They were spikingly similar, but... I mean... like the personalities they showed publicly.
 
EunMi was her own cheery, cute self,  as Haemi hid in a shadow of a person who she really wasn't.
 
EunMi was definitely trustworthy and loyal. She was also one of the most popular girls at the school. After all, her mother was the vice principal.
 
Some people wondered even why EunMi bothered to be friends with Haemi.
 
 
"Oh, EunMi-ah." Haemi called back as her friend ran to her.
 
"Did you hear? Did you hear?!" Her friend asked excitedly.
 
"Hear what? Calm down!" Haemi giggled.
 
"We have a new student! He's so... Oh my gosh. He's so tall, and his hair is such a luscious blonde color... he looks like a prince!" EunMi squealed.
 
"Really? What's his name?" Haemi asked curiously.
 
"I don't know. I think it's Kris or something? I'm not so sure. A couple girls have already seen him." EunMi said.
 
"Oh..." Haemi looked down at her phone to check the time to see it was almost time for class to start."C'mon! We might be late for class!"
 
 
They hurried to the classroom and took their seats. EunMi, being as popular as she was, was being crowded over by her other friends.
 
She looked over at Haemi with a regretful and apologizing face.
Haemi understood and nodded with a smile and made her way to her seat.
She sat at the very back corner while EunMi sat somewhat in the front-middle.
As much as she wanted to sit next to Haemi, she couldn't. Everybody crowded over her and she knew Haemi would hate the attention and crowd.
 
 
As everyone got to their seats, Mrs. Lee, their homeroom teacher, arrived.
 
They quickly bowed and greeted the teacher respectfully.
 
"Class, we're having a new student today." Teacher Lee announced as he brought a boy with the most charming looks. He truly did look like a prince. All the girls in the class had already had their eyes locked to him. Haemi, just listened. She didn't look up to see who the new student was. They were the same. Just a new student. She continued to read her book.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Wu YiFan. But everybody calls me Kris... so I guess you can call me Kris." He bowed.
 
 
Haemi listened. 
"Wait... YiFan....?!" She whispered to herself as her eyes shot up from her book.
 
There stood the last person she wanted to see today. She quickly hid her face behind her book. But it was too late. Kris had already seen her.
 
 
"Yoo... Hae.... Ri? Li?...Ji?" Kris said softly.
 
"Oh? You know Haemi?" Teacher Lee asked."You can go sit beside her there in that empty desk."
 
 
Haemi sighed as he made his way to the back.
"Dang it. This is going to be a long day..."
 
 
Kris smirked at her.
"Haemi? You go here?"
 
She just nodded, careful not to make eye contact.
 
Suddenly, she noticed that everyone was staring at her. 
Every. Single. Person's. Eyes. Were. Staring. At. Her.
 
 
*Dang it. All this freaking attention.* She thought to herself.
 
 
Kris sat down and glanced at her.
 
 
"Haemi, you wouldn't mind taking Kris around the school to show him around, would you?" Teacher Lee asked.
 
"Sure. I wouldn't mind...." She fibbed.
In her mind she was stabbing him a numerous number of times until he bled to death.
 
"Huh. You're good at lying." Kris chuckled."You don't have to if you don't want to..."
 
"Okay. That's great. I was gonna abandon you somewhere, anyways." Haemi replied coldly.
 
"Wow. That's......." Kris was speechless. She didn't know Haemi could be that tough.
 
Haemi wasn't.
It was the people who made her cold like that. She resented rude people & she wouldn't mind being rude back. Other times she could just ignore it but Kris...It was like he had some kind of instruction booklet on how to annoy her.
 
 
Finally, Finally, Finally.
School had ended. 
7 long hours of Kris was enough for her. 
But wait. Nope. 
She even lived next to him. 
 
 
"Ughhhhh." She stressfully groaned.
 
"Hey, pig head. Show me around school." Kris said.
 
"Excuse me? No, thank you. You can find your way around by yourself." She scoffed.
 
"Oh c'monnnn. Pleaseeee." Kris pouted.
 
"Idiot." Haemi didn't budge. 
She did feel a little guilty though.... and she stupidly ended up showing him around.