Honest

Living or Loving

                                                           

 

  Hours passed as Key sat inside the tunnel by the entrance of it, safe from being seen or caught. He counted the cracks on the walls, the pebbles un the dusty floor, and did whatever he could to prevent himself from falling asleep. However it didn't matter how much he tried, the boy eventually giving up to sleep. A few hours later, a soft shake brought the boy back from dream land, that and Tao's voice.

 "Captain... Hyung? Key Hyung wake up" Tao said shaking him softly. Key opened his eyes sleepily and looked around confused before suddenly he remembered what he was doing and what he wanted to do, making him jolt up to his feet and look around suddenly very alert. Tao blinked and stood up straight, looking down at Key because of their height difference and chuckled.

"Hey captain, what are you doing here so late? You weren't out were you? You know that's not allowed without permision" Tao said with a smile obviously trying to play it safe and hidden. Key only squinted his eyes at him feeling annoyed that everyone always told him what he couldn't do while they did the same thing without giving an actual .

"Oh maybe I was! I don't know, you tell me since you were out there all over one of them, what if the other soldiers were to know! Maybe I'll tell them!" Key huffed not actually meaning any of that and just accidentally bursting out on Tao who had no fault of this. Even if Key should have known better that Tao was just playing it safe for himself, he still had said what he said, which caused him to be pinned to a wall with a knife shaving the skin of his neck with the sharp blade.

"Ok, maybe you tell them, or maybe they find you as a victim of them for breaking the rules and going outside, pity if they found you shredded outside.... Pity really, I really liked you man, great leader and friend" Tao said with a murderous glare, Key not even able to know what had happened, Tao having moved the fastest he had ever done in his life. Key gulped letting out a shaky breath holding his hands up in surrender.

"O-Ok.... I-I'm sorry.... I wont tell.... I-It was just empty words" Key gulped and sighed "I-I.... Was actually going to ask.... F-for your help" At that Tao blinked and let him go, dusting him off and putting the knife away with a smile.

 Out of all his team, he found Tao to be one of the most scary of them. When they met them in one of the bunkers, the boy had barely made it, covered in wounds and gashes made by the creatures. The doctors had even left him to die and their group of survivors had abandoned him in that bunker as bait for the creatures so that they could escape safely. But Key didn't. even if he got scolded by everone, Key had taken the boy of his shoulders with the little strenght he had and had dragged Tao all the way of their journey until he recovered his strenght and made it to Yienx with him and Onew. Once in the city Tao had trained most of his life in it to be a soldier, trained almost enough to be a professional assassin, and his gratitude for the boy being what kept him always in his squad and covering his back. Under that layer of innocent looking smiles and sweet words or scared actions, there was a blood thirsty being waiting to strike, that's all Key and his team could think when going in missions or being with him. Some were even scared of him for that. But Key had managed to push past that and be really close with Tao in a friendly way, get to know him, know why he was like that. After saving him, training with him and getting to know him, Key many times felt as if he had known the younger since childhood and could trust him in anything, that being why he was confesing him this in the first place.

 Gulping and caressing his neck, Key sighed and looked at him as if he was insane before they both started laughing, Key shaking his head and chuckling softly before sighing and getting a little down again by remembering his dilemma.

"So, what can I do to help you my friend? You know, to bring you out of the dumps" Tao smiled at him kindly dusting his uniform off and arranging his cap. Key looked at him him scoffed a little when he saw the other caring for his uniform. To a soldier the uniform was one of the things they had to respect the most, keep it neat, and seeing Tao fix it so meticulously now after it had been all over the outside floor, was amusing really. With another sigh Key leaned against the wall behind him and slid down to the floor. He his lips and got ready to speak.

"I..... I'm confused Tao... And annoyed... And angry.... Sorry for snapping like that it's just... I really, Really need someone to guide me with good reasons, not just... Warn me and tell me not to do something when they themselves do what they told you not to" Key gulped and hugged his knees resting his chin on them. Tao blinked and smiles chuckling, finding funny that his captain, the person in charge of leading him was asking for advise. But then again, he was a normal human being, and human beings needed guidance at least once in his life and he would be more than happy to help him at that.

"It's ok man, but if you want me to help you need to be a little more specific, if you're here and you know I was passing by here and all I'm guessing it has to do with the surface right" Tao started sitting by Key and looking at his face for any signs or expressions he could miss. Key nodded and sighed.

"It's actually with mutants that I want your advice ... " Key said leaning back completely against the wall and leaning his head to face Tao.

"It's not with how you kill the is it? Because... If we are being honest, that's not-" Tao started ready to finish the talk if that's what it was all about but Key shook his head quickly and fidgeted.

"No..... It's actually... In getting close to them... I saw you with Lay" Key said and looking down, casting a quick glance at Tao before looking back down, feeling ashamed of spying on him in such manner. Tao stared at him shocked and obvious that lifted a warning flag in him.

"How do you know his name?" Tao quinted his eyes at him a little, secretly reaching for his knife, Key not noticing in his current state.

"I met him.... Tae introduced me his friends and yeah... He was one of them" Key admitted looking at his hands and rubbing his knuckles. Tao stared at him pulling his hand away from the knife and side smiled.

"Wait so, you're THAT human? You met the pack?!" Tao chuckled looking at him surprised and grinned when Key looked at him clearly confused and scooted closer to explain.

"Lay belongs to a pack, and so does Taemin and Jonghyun, just that they are allowed to live more alone, but it's one same pack, hence why I know them, Lay told me about it, probably the same day you two met, but he didn't quite remember your name so I never knew it was you, he's not very bright with names, took a full week to remember my name, he said that Taemin never stopped talking about his human friend and all that" Tao smiled way more comfortable now that he was more or less on the loop. Key chuckled softly and nodded.

"Then this makes everything easier I guess... So You know... About Onew?" Looks at him and sighs when Tao nodded.

"We all agreed on keeping everything secret, as if we didn't knew anything, it would make it easier because if we travel alone and do our things alone in the outside there are less chances to get caught or tracked" Tao rubbed his shoulder and apologized.

"So I guess that if anyone else is like this... I wont know unless I find them right" Key looked at Tao who only shrugged and sighed.

"well.... Anyways... I need help.... I asked for help to Onew, since I thought he could help me since he knew... But he told me to stay away from the outside and everything there, because there was some kind of danger...but I just can't, I can't... I-I need to see him..." Key gulped and covered his face. Tao hummed thinking for a moment and looked at his friend.

"Ok so, Onew may be right in the warning, there's a great danger, I'm still diggin' into it but, there's something.... but what really matters here is one things really" Tao said smiling. Key looked at his friend expectantly, wanting to know what was that one thing.

"What do you feel Kibum? About Taemin?" Tao looked at him patiently, waiting for a response.

Thinking hard Key bit his lip, trying to figure out what he could say. He really didn't want to get in troubles for saying something he shouldn't. Then again Tao was completely trust worthy giving that they were in somehow similar positions, and their background story and friendship. That and the fact that Tao maybe was in even more danger than what he was since he was digging something out, it all made him even more trust worthy, and it even gave the elder wishes to help him on whatever it was.

"A-about him.... I... I think he's ok I guess..." Key said preferring to play it safe and not say much even if he had just mentaly agried on telling the truth. Tao chuckled and crossed his legs smiling.

"Let's try that again, this time be true and honest, if you want don't do it for me, do it for your self, after all, you are the main character in the movie of your life" Tao said shrugging with a smile "what do you feel about or for Taemin?"

 Sighing and pursing his lips thinking, Key thought of how to answer. Maybe Tao was right, maybe he did had to be true with this, be true to himself. He thought that if he wanted his friend to help him he had to come out clear. Taking adeep breath Key started to think it over.

 Key  didn't had to think too hard, as soon as he allowed it, thoughts of Taemin overflowed through his mind. He didn't like to admit it, but ever since he saw the other boy, his smiles, his eyes, his hair, his kind being, he knew he would fall for him. The thing is, he never would have imagined that it would be so fast or that hard. Now, even in his dreams he saw the mutant boy. He saw his never ending smile, the kind playful glint in his eyes every time the other looked at him. He loved how he was kind, caring and respectful to him. He sometimes  even caught himself thinking of those lips  the younger had. He thought about touching them, feeling them against his own, how it would feel to kiss the mutant. And his body, the mysterious body he so badly wanted to know and feel. The body he wanted to see, every inch of it, how he suffered every time the boy hid away to get dressed or undressed when he shifted. Gulping dryly he composed himself and his lips taking a deep breath.

"W-what I think of Taemin"Key stopped for a moment and breathed deeply "What I think about Taemin is... is that...... I think I'm in love with him" Key admitted fidgeting, finally being true to his friend and with himself, causing Tao's smile to grow wider in a feeling of happiness and joy for his dear friend.

"Good, now I can help you with your problems in your love life, but if I ask you a question, any question it is, you need to be honest ok" Tao smiled at his friend, Key nodding in agreement. He was completely sure about answering everything truthfuly.

And in fact... It wasn't that bad....

He actually liked it...

To finally be...

Honest with himself...

---------

A/N:

Hey everyone!! 

yeah I know, I didn't posted an authors note in the previous chapter, and I'm soryy

also sorry for not updating in such a long time,

I was very worried with my grades and getting into college so I took a brake from AFF.

Anyways, I'll try to keep updating frequently and I am very thankful for your patience really.

you guys really are unique subcribers! 

so about this chapter, I hope you guys like this version of Tao and for those who are Tao fans (like myself) and ar suffering a little for Tao's uncertanity in EXO ( like myself XD) hope you like him, and enjoy him here, because there is way more in store for him and some other characters in the story.

Tao: "wait, what?! more what?!"

between us, I really love Tao in that MV 

So, wrapping up

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a comment below with your feelings that inspire me!

in the foreword there's a link to a (crappy) trailer that I made, if you can and want, see it and leave me a coment about your thoughts.

I really am thankful for all the support you guys give me.

Thank you so much and hope you like it!

until the next uupdate!!

peace out<3!