Him

Living or Loving

Key laid in the dirt starring at the eyes of death as a mutant tiger slowly crept towards him. Fear took over every cell of his body, leaving him frozen in the spot. The human decided to pull his being out of the trance and crawl backwards, but this enraged the beast in front of him even more. Key was starting to loose hope as the creature came closer and closer, it's mouth wide opened, sharp fangs the sized of his knife at full display. He started to turn his head away, not wanting to see the creature anymore, when a rock collided with the tiger's head. 

Both the beast and the human snapped their heads in the direction form where the rock came, the beast letting out a feral growl. Key had hoped that the rock was thrown by Onew or any other soldier from inside at this point, but instead he saw a boy that he had never seen before in his life. 

The boy had his mouth clenched tightly and lips drawn back exposing his sharp teeth. Every muscle in the young looking man was tense and his eyes only possessed hatred and fire directed at the beast. His long brown hair fell over his eyes and also gave the boy a darker and more dangerous look.

Without loosing any time the beast charged for the boy that had thrown the rock, the human long forgotten for the time being. Key was about to scream, fearing that the boy was going to be thorn to shreds right in front of him. The scream died in his throat however, when the boy jumped to the side and tackled the tiger to the ground.

"Another mutant" Key mumbled to himself as he saw the short battle take place. The boy was pushing the tiger to the ground, with a surprising strength that you wouldn't guess his small frame had. 

The tiger  pushed his attacker away with his back legs, sending the boy flying away. The long haired boy landed not so far away, charging at the beast as soon as he recovered his footing. Snarls and growls filled the air as both creatures wrestled. Suddenly, the boy used the creature's own weight when it came charging at him, raising  it in the air and throwing it at the floor. The creature hit hard against the floor, a faint whimper coming from it. The boy lowered himself over to the creature's ear and whispered something inaudible. The creature squirmed under the boy and stood up, quickly running away.

The long haired boy stood up straight and looked in the direction to where the animal had ran to. He looked at the distance from some minutes before looking back at the boy in the ground, hair falling with an immense grace around his head. The unknown man walked over to Key and sat next to him, inspecting him for any wounds. Key created space between himself and the boy by crawling away.

The boy looked a little pained because of Key's actions, but tried to assure the other with a wide smile. Noting that Key still didn't trust him, the boy pursed his lips deep in thought. The mutant seemed to have an idea as his face lighted up.

Key still stood far away, a quiet gasp leaving his mouth as the boy leaned in closer. The long haired boy lowered his head in a bow and stayed there. Key wasn't sure of what he was supposed to do so he stayed put. The other boy however frowned and glanced up, not rising from his bow. In that instant Key had to cover his mouth as met the other's eyes. Those eyes, those eyes that he knew so well stared at him, not a hint of aggression or hate in them anymore. 

There Key decided to gather every bit of bravery in his body and extended one of his hands, placing it lightly in the boy's soft hair. The mutant boy smiled pleased at the touch from the older and leaned in to it, the hand lowering to the boy's cheek. Key just watched awestruck at the amazingly calm boy; that is until the boy decided to perk his head up and look at his left, the sudden action causing Key to retreat his head immediately.  The boy however, just kept looking in alert at the same direction eyes squinting in the distance.  Suddenly he got to his feet and grabbed Key's hand, pulling the boy along towards a small whole behind a rock.The boy got in the cave like formation and pulled Key with him, pressing the boy tightly to his chest. 

Key's heart skipped a beat suddetly, not able to grasp what was going on. The air started to turn warmer at the feeling of the mutant's chest pressed against his back. He cursed himself for behaving like that in such a situation, but his breath got caught in his throat when he heard what he assumed was what the other boy had been hearing all along. 

The heavy sound of footsteps sounded faintly in the air, gradually increasing when the soldiers neared them. When the footsteps neared their area, the faint murmurs of the soldiers could be heard, many bringing up the hearing of suspicious growls and fight traces to the conversation. 

Key was having a hard time calming down, breath hitching every time that a man talked or that he remembered the boy that was behind him. Key sat in the boys lap, praying for the soldiers to get the hell away. Suddenly he felt the boy behind him shifting position.

"Calm down" whispered the boy calmly, wrapping his arms around Key tightly. Key found it unbelievable that a mutant was helping him and telling him to calm down, a normal person would have run away by now, but he didn't. Instead he did as he was told and took a quiet deep breath, allowing every fiber of his being to calm, drowning his senses in the other boy. He felt as his calm breath matched the longhaired boy's. How all that he was able to smell was the other man's surprisingly fresh yet musky sent. How his ears had heard the boy's deep yet soft voice. And how he felt the other's calm heart beat in his back with each passing moment.

Slowly getting back to reality, he was able to hear the soldiers leaving as their heavy boots sounded in the night. When the sound of boots disappeared in the distance he felt the boy moving once again, placing Key in the ground softly.

"That was a close call" the boy commented looking over the rock that was above them. When the boy was content with the surroundings he sat back down next to Key, a wide smile playing in his face. 

The boy turned to look at Key, but Key just stared at the dirt beneath him. Key flinched a little when a hand landed of his cheek, the soft warmth remembering him of the hand in the alley when he got attacked. The hand lightly turned his head to face the other, who stared at him with a concerned expresion. 

"Don't worry, I wont hurt you, I promise" said the boy reassuringly, looking at Key in the eyes. Key nodded a little, staring directly at the other's eyes. 

"I found you" the longhaired smiled caressing the cheek with his thumb. Key closed his eyes enjoying the felling, only to jolt back up by a voice. He saw that the boy was just as startled as he was, the stranger's eyes widening when he recognized the voice.

"Taemin!" A voice shouted in the air.

"Crap I forgot about my brother" the boy muttered standing up and walking out of the hiding place.

"I'm here hyung" Taemin yelled to someone. The figure of another man emerged from the darkness of the night, a pissed expression on his face.

"What have I told you about wondering around on your own?!" The other man scolded the longhaired one. Key took a guess and assumed that this was the black wolf that always accompanied the lighter colored one.

In human form, the older looked smaller in size compared to the longhaired boy. Strong jawline and high cheekbones dominated the man's face. Black hair fell over his eyes as he looked at the taller, yet younger looking boy. 

"Yeah I know, but I found him Jonghyun" the boy said, taking confident strolls back to were Key was hidden.

"Tae, that's impossible, humans don't just walk out of the dome like that" the other boy said massaging his temple "now let's go back" he continued as the other boy hunched over to the gap on the floor.

The black haired boy's eyes widened when Key stepped out of it's hiding place. Key fidgeted with the hem of his shirt as the strong judging gaze of the older male fell on him.

"Come on hyung, don't be like that" Taemin pleaded.

"Ok, but it's late, we have to go" was all that he said before turning around and disappearing in the night. Taemin only smiled widely and turned to face Key.

"Do you think you can come tomorrow?" The long haired boy asked. Key just nodded, causing the smile on the other's face to stretch even more.

"Great, then I'll be waiting" the boy said before turning to leave, disappearing in the night with his brother. 

When both creatures were out of sight, Key made his way quietly back to the dome. He hid his secret way out and walked back to the city. Just like how he predicted, the neon streets were no longer present in the night. 

He crossed streets and buildings, a smile stretching in his lips.

He just couldn't believe it, the wolf, it had been looking for him. It was as if fate was finally giving him a chance for something. What exactly, he still didn't know, but he could tell that it was something good and exciting.

The young man made it to his house without calling attention in the streets. He locked himself inside his house and skipped to his room, being in a wonderful mood. Key changed his clothes into something comfortable to sleep and splashed some water in his face. He walked back to the room and laid in his bed, turning on his phone in the process, a river of missed calls and texts appearing in the screen. 

Key sighed and pressed his palms to his eye sockets, not knowing what to do about the calls. He decided that he would deal with that tomorrow and placed the phone on his nightstand, burying himself under the warm covers and ready to sleep. He looked at the immense ocean through a small window that he had in his room, slowly drifting off to sleep.

As he drifted off, all his mind thought about was him.

-------

A/N:

Yay! Taemin to the rescue... Again XD

Here's another chapter, hope you liked it. Please comment and give me your opinions.

until the next update^^ 

peace out<3