Change

Living or Loving

                                                                                                     

 

 

A wave of anger and confusion overpowered his being. Kibum walked out the door with long strides, his eyes darting around in search for his friend.

“Kibum, where are you going?” Taemin questioned his boyfriend when he caught up with him. Kibum had suddenly walked out on such a rush that no one asked him anything. The soldier didn’t say anything either which left everyone very confused.

“To get my own answers” Key answered spotting Onew by a rock near the pathway that lead to the cabin. The other man was in the company of Jonghyun, both having a serious conversation. Kibum didn’t care if they were in a conversation, he made his way towards the other with a glare.

Upon spotting his best friend, Onew stood up straight and turned to face Kibum. The man was taken aback by the way the soldier shoved him back and looked at him in the eye, clearly pissed off. Onew looked at Jonghyun silently telling him to stay out before focusing his attention back on Key.

“When were you planning on telling me that they turned you into a mutant Jinki?” Kibum asked clenching his hands into tight fists.

“I-I didn’t thought…. That it was important” Onew said rubbing his fingers together, his hands hanging to his sides while he looked at his friend.

“You thought it wasn’t important? Or that I wasn’t allowed because whatever reason you think is fair?” Key accused, pulling his hand out of Taemin’s grip when the young mutant tried to hold his hand.

“I didn’t tell you because of this very reason, you start acting recklessly and don’t think straight! I am doing what is best for everyone Kibum” Onew said his breathing picking up.

“Onew, you should take it easy” Jonghyun said placing his hand on Onew’s shoulder only for Onew to push the hand away.

“I don’t act recklessly, I worry! I worry for you, for everyone, you don’t know if I could have helped you sooner, what if you were trapped or something” Key argued back clenching and unclenching his fists.

“Help me? You can’t even look after yourself Kibum! You have always been like that! Getting yourself and everyone around you in trouble! Causing trouble and then you aren’t able of protecting yourself, of facing what you do! Everyone has to save you because you can’t save anyone, not even yourself and you want to help? Just do us all a favor and cooperate ok, humans will never change! They are never able to change! At least us mutant can change! So I might as well protect my own kind now” Onew told the younger gritting his teeth, his hands turning into claws.

“Your kind?” Kibum asked nails digging deep into his palms, and jaw clenched incredibly tight. Veins appeared on the soldier’s neck and forehead as he fumed with anger.

“So that’s what you think? You know what, do whatever you want, and I’ll stay out of your business as you clearly want… but keep in mind… that you once were human too” Key told his friend, not wanting to say something he would regret, but feeling hurt by what his friend thought. He turned around and walked off in the direction of the dome. His eyes stung as tears welled up in them.

Onew blinked realizing what he did and gulped.

“Kibum wait” He said, jumping back and gulping when Taemin growled and threatened him with a single look.

Kibum ignored his friend and glanced to his side when he saw Taemin catching up and walking by his side with a smile. Kibum gulped and looked up front keeping his pace steady. Taemin blinked and side smiled again in understanding before reaching out and wrapping an arm around Kibum as they walked side by side.

A sudden gunshot made everyone stop dead in their tracks wide eyed. Kibum looked back and then in the direction of the gunshot. Everyone behind Kibum was just as startled as the human was, looking in the same direction. It took a sudden scream of a woman to bring all of them back into reality.

The first one to react was Kibum. The human darted off on full sprint towards the source of the sounds. Taemin easily caught up with him with a few jogs before the mutant was running next to the human. Behind them the rest of the pack that was available followed them. They reached a small plain where a group of soldiers held mutants captive. There were five mutants there, three males, a female and a young one. Amongst those mutants was a rather familiar face to Kibum. He remembered that mutant calling himself Siwon, he was the same man that almost killed him when he went on that mission to the city, the same mission that helped him meet Taemin.

None of the mutants moved, as the soldiers had a gun aimed at the young one that rounded around the six to seven years in human age, Kibum guessed. Kibum also recognized the soldiers, they were from the Block B squad. Their leader Zico laughed and fired a shot to the air, frightening the little kid to tears. They were tormenting the mutants for fun. Hatred for some humans was unavoidable within Kibum.

Before he could even be stopped Key darted off towards the soldiers. Siwon looked towards him causing the other three soldiers to turn as well to see what the mutant was seeing. Kibum jumped up and kicked Zico on the face sending him stumbling back against his teammates. He landed on his feet skillfully and took the gun that Zico had dropped to the floor after the powerful blow. Taeil was the first to recover, looking at Key with wide eyes before smirking.

“I knew you were a traitor, you always looked like one, I want to see how you breathe after I’m done with you” Taeil said before launching foreword to attack. Key’s face contorted into one of hatred and disgust as he dodged the attack and stole a dagger from the soldier’s pocket and nailed it to his chest.

“I would like to see how you breath now as well” Kibum spat as he threw the man to the floor.

“You son of a !” U-kwon cursed as he aimed his gun at Kibum. With gritted teeth, Key aimed and shot at U-kwon’s leg. The man howled in pain and dropped his gun. In a swift move Kibum swung the gun foreword delivering a lethal blow on his opponent’s head.

 Soldier after soldier fell to the floor as Kibum released his anger on them. Bullets flied through the air not missing their targets a single time.

While the human’s fought, Taemin and Kai rescued the group of captive humans. No mutant dared to intervene on the fight however. The group didn’t get involved on the fight as they had never seen a human with those abilities before, such ferocity and determination when fighting was remarkable.

Zico wheezed and groaned stumbled backwards. His team laid on the floor lifeless and Kibum had discarded his gun, leaving room for the current hand to hand combat. Punch after punch was delivered, None of Zico’s punched seemed to reach their target while every single blow that Key had to offer found their way home.

“I will kill you! You’ll see that you bastard!! I will kill you with my bare hands!” Zico shouted as he panted heavily. He threw a blow blindly and finally managed to give proper blow as fatigue was starting to show on Kibum. Key’s head snapped to the side and the strong taste of blood filled his mouth. Zico started laughing in victory as he saw Kibum grimace and spit blood to the floor. Fury was the only word that could describe Kibum’s face.

“If you’re going to kill someone, be quick about it” Key spat as he punched Zico square on the face and pinned him down punching him until he stopped moving. The human got up panting and took a gun, shutting the body until he ran out of bullets. Heaving a sigh he throw the gun to the side and wiped the blood on the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand.

“That was for the mutants ” Key huffed and looked at his friends panting. He held eye contact with everyone, the pack looking at him with wide eyes. He focused on Onew in the end and huffed a little.

“Humans can also change” He told the other before resuming his previous way to the dome. All the mutants looked at Key dumbfounded, specially Siwon and that the other mutants.

“That human… saved us?” Siwon asked looking at the leaving human wide eyed.

“Yup, and he looked damn hot doing so” Taemin said a grin forming on his lips before he ran off to catch up with the human.

As the pair headed off to the dome the pack started heading off. They took those mutants to make sure they were ok.

Onew stood there petrified. He knew he had reached deep into Kibum, he had crossed the line. That was a full display of what Kibum was capable of, of what he could easily do in the blink of an eye. He was showing how much he held back, how much he controlled himself to protect everyone, to avoid causing problems for everyone. This was his way of staying at bay, of protecting everyone, of protecting himself. He was showing, no, he was reminding Onew of all the damage he could do and more if he really wanted to. He was a human yes, but he could be as fierce as any mutant could be.

His friend had been right and he had been a fool for forgetting it. He had been stupid for forgetting something that he himself had started.

Kibum was right…

Humans too …

Were able…

Of Change

 

--

Here’s another chapter!

I did great on my classes and my grades are awesome! My summer break is off to a very productive start as most of my stories (both here and in other sites) are getting what I could consider good updates at a decently consistent pace!

All In all it gives me a very good mood!

I’ll bring another update soon! So I hoped you liked this update my lovely readers.

As always leave a comment, subscribe, and give me your opinions, any suggestions are welcomed, if you want to tell me anything PM I don’t bite!

Before I leave I want to let you all know I am starting to cook up another Taekey fic, I don’t think I’ll be posting it until this one is over tho. (or who knows maybe I won’t be able to hold myself)

Either way that is there for you to know

As always thank you for the support and hope you liked this update, until the next one!

Peace out! <3