Book One: Fourth Tale

Multitales: ExoMin (NEW UPDATES!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   B o o k O n e  
IV. Min x D.O.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Kyungsoo wasn't the romantic type.

Romance wasn't his thing nor was he ever the type to initiate it.

Min loved romance.

It was something she had always longed for ever since she was a kid.

Unexpectedly these two, who couldn't be any more different, fell in love. And in some bizarre way their contrasting personalities worked together. They completed one another.

Min was patient, attentive and considerate. She was never the kind who would pressure anyone into doing something they didn't like or want to. And she was a firm believer in accepting people for who and how they are. And despite whatever shortcomings Kyungsoo had she accepted him, because that's how she fell in love with him.

But Kyungsoo could be incredibly dense, almost to the point of inconsideration and insensitivity. He liked that Min didn't expect the unexpected from him. He enjoyed that she understood him. But his confidence led to fail in noticing her true feelings.

Min loved Kyungsoo. She truly did. But sometimes she felt overlooked. Neglected almost. He wasn't vocal about his feelings, so she never knew what he was thinking. Or more specifically, what he thought about her. But it didn't ever keep her from having expectations. That maybe one day, when she least expected it, he would do something for her. And as their three year anniversary slowly approached from around the corner, Min couldnt help but anticipate that this year would be different. That it would be something special. All she ever asked was just one day.

 

-----------

 

It was a Thursday night when the two of them gathered in the kitchen. They had just finished having dinner and as Kyungsoo was on dish-cleaning duty, which he strangely enjoyed, Min was focused on drying and placing the dishes on the dry rack to let them get some air before putting them in the cupboard. 

This kind of tradition they had formed allowed them to get rid of whatever stress the had aqcuired throughout the day and let off some steam. Kyungsoo, that day especially, was even more stressed than usual. Several things were coming up at work and it was starting to take up most of his time. So much so that he even had to requests his friends for help to see what he could do. He came to his own decision and though he felt a little guilty for coming up with the thought, he knew that Min, better than anyone, would understand.

So it was when Kyungsoo was scrubbing down the dishes that he suddenly put down his arms in the sink to turn and speak to her, "Min?"

"Hm?" She looked up at him, her large eyes wide despite the fact that she was flashing him one of her signature bright smiles.

"You don't mind that we don't do anything for our anniversary, right?"

It came as a shock to Min. Not the fact that he said it, but the fact that he said it so casually. She really thought it was going to be different this year. "No. Not at all." She tried hard to hide the disappointment she felt at that moment. She was looking forward to spending some time with him. Three years was a big deal.

"You see I told them," Min looked up to see him smiling as he went back to scrubbing the dishes. "The guys said that you would, but I knew you didn't care."

To this she narrowed her eyes. "There's a difference between not minding and not caring, Kyungsoo."

"What?" He put the plate down once again and stopped to turn and look at her. He was surprised by her tone and even more surprised by the look of dissaproval she was giving him.

She gave a little sigh, sincerely disappointed and turned back to dry the dish she had in her hand. "Nothing."

At this his brows furrowed. "What do you mean nothing?"

"I mean nothing." She couldn't emphasize the word 'nothing' more. But was her annoyance to be blamed? It was a rational reaction to have. 

But Kyungsoo was just not letting it go now. "I don't understand why you're so mad all of a sudden." And without even realized it, he had just opened Pandora's Box.

"And I should expect that from you," He had unleashed her fury. The neglect she had been feeling for three years finally rushing up. It had never bothered her then. But it sure as hell did now. "But yet here I am, stupidly expecting more. Like always."

The air grew thick as his voice grew deep. "What does that supposed to mean?"

She looked at him, nothing but determination in her eyes as she gritted, "Nothing."

Seeing this, he softened. "Min."

But she shook her head in surrender, placing the rag down on the counter and walking out of the kitchen. "Never mind. It's pointless." In no time, she was already making her way to the door with her bag and coat in hand. "I'm going to Amber's house. I'll see you later."

"Later?" He began to panic as he watched her leave with a kind of look he had never seen on her.  "Min." And he ran, but by the time he got to the door she had slammed it shut on his face. "Min!"

 

-----------

 

Kyungsoo had never, in his years of knowing Min and in the three years of being together with her, seen her look as furious or as hurt and disappointed as she did during their fight a few hours prior. It was a new kind of Min to him, and it was a kind of Min he always swore he never would see because he promised he would never make her feel that way about him, ever. And yet he did.

"You told her that?" It was one of his bestfriends, Baekhyun, who spoke to him now as they sat on one of the high-top tables at the bar they had gone out to. Kyungsoo needed to talk and all he had to tell his bestfriend was that he and Min had gotten into an argument before Baekhyun invited him out for drinks to talk.

"I don't understand what the problem is," Kyungsoo explained before taking another swig of his beer. "I tell her everything."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter